PDA

View Full Version : Another 'now they might know'.

Cristi
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I've had more than my share of close calls over the years, more frequently now that my attitude is becoming more and more relaxed about my dressing and who knows about it.

I haven't 'come out' to anybody other than my wife, but basically I'm getting a bit tired of hiding. This has lead to close calls, slips (no pun intended) and times where if anybody had really been paying attention they would have picked up on clues like fairly obvious bra straps under a shirt, or tights instead of socks showing at the cuff of my pants.

Well, yesterday I had another close call that may (?) have lead to more people knowing about me, though not a word was said.

My wife and I were expecting company in the afternoon, but I was staying dressed for as long as possible before hand while cleaning up the house. She left to get some groceries for a meal that night and the guests were supposed to give us a call when they were on the way over.

So at 1:00, an hour BEFORE they were supposed to arrive, I saw motion at the front door and just assumed it was my wife getting home from her shopping. But then I heard a knock! Thank goodness the glass in the front door is frosted, so though I could see an outline of the people there, I couldn't see details and neither could they looking in.

I dashed to the bathroom where fortunately I had my male clothes all laid out, at the same time yelling out to them that they could come in and that they'd caught me in the middle of getting changed.

I was in the bathroom hastily getting out of my outfit when I realized that I'd left a bra and pantyhose I was going to wear under my male clothes sitting on the kitchen counter, right in plain sight of where my guests were now waiting!

There was nothing I could do about it until I got changed, which took a few minutes. Once I was dressed and had stuffed my clothes under the bathroom vanity, I went out to the kitchen and casually scooped the bra and stockings up while talking to the guests, walked to the back room and tossed them onto the laundry pile.

The thing is, my wife is a good deal more petite than I am and not anywhere near the cup size that this bra was, so even if my friend hadn't noticed anything surely his wife DID notice that the lacy bra on the counter was a 44D, quite a bit larger than the 34B my wife would be wearing? I'm sure to a woman it would have even been obvious that the sheer black stockings were not something that were in my wife's size... plus they both knew that my wife never wore things like that.

So now I wonder what their conversation was like in the car on the way home. Did either one, or both, notice anything? Was it a topic of conversation? Did they even already suspect because of other close calls and mistakes I'd made in the past?

Maybe I'll never know... or maybe someday I'll come out to them and we'll all have a laugh about 'that day you left your bra out'.

Karren H
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Or on the way home He said to Her... "See... His wife let him have a bra!!"

Chari
01-17-2011, 11:12 AM
If your friends DID NOT comment about the female attire that was left in the kitchen during their visit, it is doubtful that there will not be any discussion about those items - at least in front of you & your wife. Sometimes we fear the worst in a situation that most others could care less about. Those items could also be from a female relative/friend whose laundry you are doing. IMO if you do not mention it, unless you are ready to come out to them, it was probably just another strange moment in time.

linnea
01-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I had a similar, though not so obvious, experience one day when I forgot to take off my girlie watch. My niece came to the house to deliver a package to my wife. My wife wasn't home at the time. I came to the door, said hello to my niece, received the package, and chatted for a minutes with my niece. After she left, I noticed that my watch was clearly visible. So like you, I wondered about conversations or questions that might be raised. I never heard a thing about it. I doubt that she noticed or if she did that she really thought anything about it--not for very long anyway.
Karren may be right, "See, she lets her husband have a bra!" I don't think that you need to worry about it.

Christina Horton
01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
OOOOORRRRRRRRR they might have thought you had a women there that you were cheating on and she dashed out in a hurry and forgot the little things and you were covering them up from your wife. So there is a possibility they might talk to your wife on that. So I would tell your wife that they might bring that up when there alone with her. So you need to figure out what you might want to say to them IF it comes up. Just FYI!!!

Cristi
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM

LOL

We've been friend with this couple for decades and probably will still know them when we are old and infirm. I've sometimes wondered if sometime in the distant future when we are all restricted to wheelchairs we'll realize that we had this one more thing in common.

I've looked for clues, but if he IS a crossdresser he's a lot better at hiding it than I am!

Sadly, from a few comments I've heard his wife make over the years, I don't think she'd be the kind of wife to accept his 'hobby' and, knowing this, I doubt he'd ever come out to her if he WAS a CD. :(

eluuzion
01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
That is why the police tell you to always lock your front door!

Best $20 investment a CD could ever make:

Wireless Driveway Alert System
It has two parts.
One motion detector about the size of a typical hand grenade, that uses 9v battery.
One receiver that sounds an alarm when the outside unit senses motion.

I have one on back fence and one above my front door. No surprises at my house.

I taught my daughter early in life how to be prepared in any circumstance. You sit down and list every possible worst case scenario, then create an escape plan. When/If you are ever faced with the crisis, you automatically know what to do.

Making an emergency plan in advance is the best strategy...not after your chute failed to open and you are racing toward the ground...:heehee:

DebsUK
01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
When I was a teenager my mother was in hospital for a long period. My Dad went over to see her every night, but I had homework to do and while she wasn't too ill I only went over every couple of days. This gave me the chance to dress which I had a great time doing in my Mam's clothes. Anyway, one time I undressed, took off the makeup and thought I'd put everything away. Then my Dad came in and said "What's this bra doing here?" which I'd obviously not seen. Quick as a flash I said "Oh, the dog must have brought it through because he's missing Mam"
I'm not sure if he bought it, but he didn't mention it again

Kaz
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
When I was a teenager my mother was in hospital for a long period. My Dad went over to see her every night, but I had homework to do and while she wasn't too ill I only went over every couple of days. This gave me the chance to dress which I had a great time doing in my Mam's clothes. Anyway, one time I undressed, took off the makeup and thought I'd put everything away. Then my Dad came in and said "What's this bra doing here?" which I'd obviously not seen. Quick as a flash I said "Oh, the dog must have brought it through because he's missing Mam"
I'm not sure if he bought it, but he didn't mention it again

It is amazing how inventive and creative we can be! Not sure if I really pulled it off... it seems like I did, but who knows?

Elluzion has it down, always have an escape route and button down everything. When dressing at home... I have for years followed a ruthless game plan. I have run very close sometimes and failed on a few occasions (they required some explanation). But nobody has any idea!

When I am away from home... that's a different story...

KristaE
01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Then my Dad came in and said "What's this bra doing here?" which I'd obviously not seen.

It's funny the ways in which fathers think they are "opening the door to discussion" when they ask stuff like that. I can totally see my father saying something like that and thinking that he was being open and sensitive.

Lena Teegal
01-17-2011, 08:35 PM
They probably thought nothing at all, most people are too busy thinking about themselves than to be thinking about you. :)

gaylegirlify
01-28-2011, 07:13 AM

Yeh that could be right lol

Mary Morgan
01-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Karren, I'm looking forward to the day when your book comes out. You know, " Crossdressing,, the Righter, Lighter Side" Your perspective is dynamite.

Noel Chimes
01-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Don't get your wig in a frazzle. Inform your wife that the items were left out so that if your friends ask she won't be caught off guard. But if the subject is not brought up don't worry. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.