PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll are a buncha WIMPS!

Violetgray
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm Sorry, but this site SUCKS. First of all, there's all these crossdressers everywhere. What's up with that? I got no problem with the lifestyle, but this site in particular seems to be full of'em. I was complaining to the girls in my sewing circle about what a buncha sissies you all are. I try to talk about manly stuff, like war, mixed martial Arts and scrapbooking, but they're all like "What's the best makeup?" "Do you like my wig?" "What color panties are you wearing?" A REAL man isn't worried about the frilly, satin panties of others, just is OWN! And a REAL man doesn't need others to validate him. A REAL MAN knows that he's dainty enough!

Then, there's the GG's. They say stuff, and the people here actually LISTEN to them! What the hell?!?! Trying to tell us how to be better, prettier, and more feminine. LIKE THEY WOULD KNOW! Whenever a GG tries to give advice just tell'em "Look, sugartits, I've been crossdressing longer than you have!" Wives of crossdressers all need to be told the same thing: "Shuttup woman, and let me get in the kitchen make you dinner!"

Well, I gotta go, my friend Erin is doing my toes then we're watching The Notebook on DVD, but until then you people need to learn to be REAL MEN!

KrystalA
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Whoa!!!! Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Here's a question for you Violet. If you don't like it here, how come you've been a member since Jan. of '07, and what's keeping you from moving on to a different site that is more to your liking?

JohnH
01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I am assuming you are a genetic male. Perhaps if that is the case you need to check out skirtcafe.org. The participants in that forum have masculine names if they are genetic males. If your interests are in dresses and skirts and you want to present as a male that site would be ideal for you. They do not discuss underwear and discuss slips and underskirts only if they alter the outside looks of the garments.

Johanna

Lainie
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Pretty funny--makes me think about who we are talking to here. I know that there are all sorts of people here--CD TG TS-- and even among subcategories like married hetero out-to-all CDs there is still diversity in style, confidence, objective, &c. That's part of what makes it such a great site.

But mostly when I read or post, my mind is in girl-mode and I feel as though I am communicating with other girls. Who do y'all think you are, and who are you talking to?

Jeanna
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Are you having an identity crissis? I mean are you ok?

pattyv
01-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Violet-I love your sense of humour. I believe your stand-up comedy style just went over some members heads.

Emily_3
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Pot and the Kettle spring to mind here

why be a member if you don't like it, if is a joke then it's gone way over my head

Violetgray
01-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Hmm.. I'll give it a couple more responses.. :thinking:

Maxine_b
01-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Some might need to read the post again, gurls...she is joking. Me doth think the ladies protest too much...lol!

Jeanna
01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Of course she is joking and so was I

Cindi
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey girls, I think this girl (guy) is pulling our legs.

Let's see his response.

ninapuella
01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Ofcourse we are wimps. Thats why we are here! And we love it! :)

BRANDYJ
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
If the humor of the OP's post goes over your head, then I'd say you must be a blond. Either that or some of you don't really read the posts! Duh!!!! I thought it was funny and probably spawned by the thread some disheartened member wrote about how this site sucks.
How could you miss the humor in this post? Yep, Cindy, she's pulling our legs. I just hope she does not put a run in my hose. lol

Karren H
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
You wouldn't say that to my face if I had my hockey gear on!!! New teal jersey with matching sockings!! And I bought some teal stick tape!! Just shows to go ya that I can look corrdinated and cross check your face into the borads... Opsie... . Excuse me!!

suzy1
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Violet!!!!!!!!! How dare you do a post like this. I am horrified. My keyboard is getting drenched with my own flood of tears. I am going to my room and slamming the door and I am not coming out.

S,S,S,S,SUZY sob.

Bethany38
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Violet you are cracking me up. As I started to read the responses I laughed even harder. I was thinking they do not know her.

LizSummers
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
hahahaha well played! I came in here about to a smidge angry!

NiCo
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh I love it when a woman gets all raged! ;)

gwenbeth
01-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Hilarious. I was just saying to someone the other day that crossdressing is not for sissies, it takes a lot of guts to go to the walmart and buy your own bras, panties, and makeup.

Stephanie Anne
01-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Ah sarcastic troll post. How it sounds like music to my ears.

Well played sir!

Mackenzie
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Violet, move on. There's no need for your kind of comments and profanity on this site. I have been a member for about a year, and the ladies here are respectable, gracious, affirming, kind, etc. I don't find you to be any of that.

You would do yourself and all of us a favor if you would find another site to vent yourself on. If you can't add to this site in a constructive and helpful manner, there is no need for you to be her.

Bye Bye Violet!!!

Mackenzie

Marie-Elise
01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
I got a good laugh out of the original post.

"Shuttup woman, and let me get in the kitchen make you dinner!"

Jilmac
01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
War in general SUCKS, I'm not into mixed martial arts (although I'm a fan of the arts, plays concerts, etc.) and I've scrapped a few books in my day,,,lol. If that makes me a wimp, then so be it. I'd much rather talk about all the pretty things in life, especailly in the MtoF section of this forum. There is another area called "The Lounge" where the subjects you mentioned can be discussed. I enjoy my feminine side and enjoy talking about it and sharing it with the other girls, I guess that makes me a wimp.

JenniferDiaz
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Wow. :eek: I cannot believe just how irony-blind some people are! :heehee::devil:

aprilgirl
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Violet, loved your rant and sense of humor. The only things missing were a microphone and stage. If present, I think the others would've understood your angle.

briannad
01-17-2011, 02:01 PM
First of all Violet, I was laughing the whole time reading this post. The sad thing is reading the replies and how it went over the head of many of the people replying to your "tongue in cheek" post. I saw you on youtube and get the style. Keep making us laugh Girl!!

Carole
01-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Methinks tis a P*$$take of another thread and jokes. Be gentle with VioletGray.........................

Mahoro
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM
ROFL!!!

Viloet,
I have gotta see your show sometime honey, laughed so hard at this I nearly wet my panties!

I'll see you in the octagon for some ground and pound little missy!

Avana
01-17-2011, 02:15 PM
wooooooshhh...

:p

JohnH
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Violet, move on. There's no need for your kind of comments and profanity on this site. I have been a member for about a year, and the ladies here are respectable, gracious, affirming, kind, etc. I don't find you to be any of that.

You would do yourself and all of us a favor if you would find another site to vent yourself on. If you can't add to this site in a constructive and helpful manner, there is no need for you to be her.

Bye Bye Violet!!!

Mackenzie

Mackenzie,

I think that was a rather harsh posting to Violet. Maybe she just had a bad day, and we all have bad days. Maybe she was just joking.

You are really stretching the use of the word profanity in my opinion. I would like to see the use of the word restricted to taking the Lord's name in vain.

Violet,

We all have bad days. You are quite welcomed to stay on this forum.
Or, maybe you were just kidding and just wanted to have some humor.

I'll accept that. :)

Johanna

t-girlxsophie
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
LOL SUZIE thank god,I thought it was only me that got the Joke,too subtle for many I suppose,or maybe its a Brit thing we do subtle best,well I thought we did.

Nice one Violet:thumbsup:

:hugs:Sophie

Nicole Erin
01-17-2011, 02:49 PM
How did Violet escape her place in the kitchen? alright for real tho -

Violet, quit antagonizing the n00bs! They might actually think you are serious.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-17-2011, 02:53 PM
OK, thats enough, I challenge you to a lipup competition. I can do two hundred in a standard lippie but with lipgloss lookout, I can lipup all day long.

KristaE
01-17-2011, 02:53 PM
<--- N00b here... but still got it.

I was laughing pretty good. Ah, the lost art of real sarcasm. LOVED it! I'm gonna go check out your YouTube vids.

suchacutie
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
OMG I almost got a herna laughing over this post!!!! But you gave away the sarcasm too soon....and how was that do you ask?

WIMPS.

As we all no, there is no such thing as a transgendered wimp! Those two words cannot possible go together :):)

ROFL....I just had a vision of a linebacker in 5" heels.....ROFL

Violet...that was just so very funny!

Thank you so much for having the lovely mind behind your post!

tina

Debglam
01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Vi, Is THIS the same girl that was having problems with a heckler???? LMAO.

BRANDYJ
01-17-2011, 03:01 PM

Bye Bye Violet!!!

Mackenzie

Mackenzie, please go back and read it again. Can't you see Violet was joking? Don't be among the ones that are having a blond moment.

I'm glad to see "most" respondents saw the humor and that Violet was not serious.

2SpeedTranny
01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
(Was going to say something about illiteracy, but decided against it...)

Or some people only read the first two sentences before they hit the reply button.

suzy1
01-17-2011, 03:10 PM
(Was going to say something about illiteracy, but decided against it...)

Or some people only read the first two sentences before they hit the reply button.

No, some people only read the first sentence before they hit the reply button!

JohnH
01-17-2011, 03:12 PM
As we all no, there is no such thing as a transgendered wimp! Those two words cannot possible go together :):)

ROFL....I just had a vision of a linebacker in 5" heels.....ROFL

tina

Check out this URL:

http://www.femulate.org/2010/03/bridesmaids-go-long.html

Johanna

Kaz
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Violet,

You just made my evening! It's a shame so many didn't get the humour... but then I guess we are a diverse bunch! You will have made a lot of Brits laugh though on what is alledgedly the most depressing day in the UK calendar (third Monday in January)!

Loved not only the OP but also the trail that followed! :D:hugs:

Sarah Doepner
01-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm ashamed! Humiliated! Embarrassed! Violet, you've put me in my place and I'm going to change my ways. It's time to put all that femme foolery behind me (it's a nice behind) and face the mirror with new strength and much better control over my brushes. None of this please and thank you, cute and sweet anymore for me, by Gum! From now on I'm telling my wife that I'm willing to do her nails if she wants me to. And I'm standing firm in my steel toed heels and looking for a belt that goes well with them. It's time for a change, maybe less pink and more teal, would that be okay with you Karren? I refuse to be a Wimp, unless you think it works better with this skirt?

Charleen
01-17-2011, 03:45 PM
LMAO! Not only at the original post, but at those who couldn't buy a $2 clue if you gave them $5!

JenniferR771
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Vi,
I can't typ hardly at all what with spittint this diet Coke all over my keybroad.
Post a link somebody--see Ms Gray's club routine.

KristaE
01-17-2011, 03:51 PM
How about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNLxNz0kzc

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcMRJH5iwJ4

Just do a YouTube search for more.

Soriya
01-17-2011, 04:17 PM
LMAO! I needed that today.

DebsUK
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow. :eek: I cannot believe just how irony-blind some people are! :heehee::devil:

Mm-hm. I do think that some people's definition of irony is "a bit like 'steely'":doh::devil:

Should also add thanks for the laugh (as much for the responses of the people who didn't get it as for the hilarious p155 take it actually was :rofl: ). The humour is very much appreciated, and often missing from some of the po-faced threads that get started ;)

Carroll
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
OMG, this is so funny. For those of you that still don't get it, it's a tongue in cheek response to this thread:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?147050-This-forum-is-a-joke...

Or at least that's the way I see it....LOL

suchacutie
01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Johanna, that's a great pick with the captions! :) But no way they are built like linebackers....much too curvy and much too comfortable looking in their heels :)

Neat sight...thanks!

tina

carhill2mn
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
It sounds as if you are trying to be a new Don Rickles.

Sandygal
01-17-2011, 04:54 PM
BrandiJ...You beat me to the she must be a blonde if she didn't get it. Anyhow....Violet, I was putting in a deck the other day and just hammering away like a tough guy. All of a sudden, my wrist went limp. What to do? I went inside the house and played dress up of course.

JenniferDiaz
01-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Mm-hm. I do think that some people's definition of irony is "a bit like 'steely'":doh::devil:

From Dictionary.com:

i·ro·ny1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled
[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA

–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature .
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
3. Socratic irony.
4. dramatic irony.
5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this.
7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

I think I'm pretty spot on with my use of the word. :D

VanessaVW
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Of course I'm a real man.....wait, my hose have a runner....

DebsUK
01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
From Dictionary.com:

i·ro·ny1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled
[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA

..snip...

I think I'm pretty spot on with my use of the word. :D

Well, yes, I too am aware of what irony is and was agreeing with you by poking fun at those that don't.:p

the_me
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I had to read that twice, must be one of the slow ones :o

Good stuff!

Kim Welcher
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
That was the funniest I've read at this forum so far.

Bethany38
01-17-2011, 06:20 PM
LMAO! Not only at the original post, but at those who couldn't buy a $2 clue if you gave them $5!

Now if that is not funny you need to leave.

Lorileah
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Violet, after all these years you finally have lets us know that you....are really funny. If you all haven't seen her video on Youtube, check it out. (she actually lets us know she was very funny years ago and it was hilarious seeing the nubees freak over her OP)

Ericka2
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Very idiotic sense of humor,wait, look at the audience!!

Not funny!

Alice Torn
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Berrie phunnie!

TGMarla
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
That's it! I've had it with you, Vi! I'd wrap a golf club around your skinny neck if I hadn't just done my nails!

:lol2:

(I see you got those "few more posts" you mentioned!)

Oh....Sorry. I almost forgot.....

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

MatLor
01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Might be upset 'cause the Ravens are out for the season. Ooops!

Cynthia Anne
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm one of those there NOOBIES, BUT I caught on towards the end! Very funny, make me laugh! get er done

tamarav
01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Way to go Kiddo!

That seems to have gotten their attention, and their male defensive side up in arms..

More power to you. Us girls understood you perfectly.

Chloe Renee
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Love it!

If you missed the joke I'm sorry.
There are some truths in the rant that ring true. Hence the angry responses

insearchofme
01-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Violet

I just loved it! Very funny!

PretzelGirl
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
You gave it away when you said Erin would do your toes. :-/

Julogden
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
We're seeing here why I've stopped posting sarcastic humor: many people don't get it and then get their panties in a bit of twist because they aren't grasping what's going on. :)

Excellent posting!

Carol

Raychel
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Whenever a GG tries to give advice just tell'em "Look, sugartits, I've been crossdressing longer than you have!" Wives of crossdressers all need to be told the same thing: "Shuttup woman, and let me get in the kitchen make you dinner!"

:lol2::lol2:

First I laughed all the way thru the post. Thanks for that. But I think that maybe, I will refrain from saying this line to my wife. Unless Karren will loan me some of her Hockey Gear. I fear that If I said that to her she would definitly come out swinging.:eek::eek:

But still made me laugh. :heehee:

Chickhe
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
...Violet, your humor is fine, except you need to provide a context for the people who do not know you and your history. Your post illustrates something... you violate all the forum rules with the words, but the meaning behind the post is different. So, should you be subject to the rules as one or two people interpret your message or as the community does or as your friends would? Good question!

Maxi
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
You mean there really are crossdressers on this site?

I checked out Violets videos, She's good.
After watching her videos and rereading the opening comments, I get it.

sherib
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
I missed the joke.

JenniferDiaz
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, yes, I too am aware of what irony is and was agreeing with you by poking fun at those that don't.:p

Oh thank God! For a minute there, I was worried that there was a British person that DIDN'T know irony! Nearly a whole stereotype ruined! Phew! :heehee::thumbsup:

...Violet, your humor is fine, except you need to provide a context for the people who do not know you and your history.

To be fair, I have never seen any of Violet's videos and this is the first time I've ever seen a post by her (to my knowledge) but I was still able to tell that the post was a joke purely by the sardonic language used and the juxtaposing of what seems to be a valid angry rant with immediate well-timed contradiction. Plus the final line completely nullifies the entire preceding post!!

docrobbysherry
01-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry! You're rite! I'm wrong! Whatever it was, I'll NEVER do it again! PLEASE don't hit me, Violet!

Ok, I'm not sure about U, Vi, but THIS POST makes me want to:
Dress up to the 9's, go to our local fisherman's bar, wait for someone to say something (ANYTHING!), then start kickin' some male butt! Unless someone calls me "sugar tits"! THAT changes EVERYTHING!

(Nice thread, girl! Lol!)

herwannabe
01-17-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm tired of being a real Man! Ive done that for 56 years now its my turn to be a real Woman for the next 56 yrs :daydreaming:

MonicaTC
01-17-2011, 09:27 PM
The last thing I'm trying to be here on this site, is to be a REAL MAN. I try to avoid it even when I'm being a man. I believe that is what you were trying to get at ;)

Monica

I'm Sorry, but this site SUCKS. First of all, there's all these crossdressers everywhere. What's up with that? I got no problem with the lifestyle, but this site in particular seems to be full of'em. I was complaining to the girls in my sewing circle about what a buncha sissies you all are. I try to talk about manly stuff, like war, mixed martial Arts and scrapbooking, but they're all like "What's the best makeup?" "Do you like my wig?" "What color panties are you wearing?" A REAL man isn't worried about the frilly, satin panties of others, just is OWN! And a REAL man doesn't need others to validate him. A REAL MAN knows that he's dainty enough!

Then, there's the GG's. They say stuff, and the people here actually LISTEN to them! What the hell?!?! Trying to tell us how to be better, prettier, and more feminine. LIKE THEY WOULD KNOW! Whenever a GG tries to give advice just tell'em "Look, sugartits, I've been crossdressing longer than you have!" Wives of crossdressers all need to be told the same thing: "Shuttup woman, and let me get in the kitchen make you dinner!"

Well, I gotta go, my friend Erin is doing my toes then we're watching The Notebook on DVD, but until then you people need to learn to be REAL MEN!

danielle swenson
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Roflmao!!

NathalieX66
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Violet, you rock.

Ericka2
01-17-2011, 10:30 PM
The ones that miss the "jokes" is maybe because we try to stay away from friends that diminishes what's very important and fragile in our everyday life, and when I want to laugh, I go to a comedy show and see a "real comedian"

No offense to anyone, specially to the "intellectuals" that get such jokes.

Pythos
01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
It would seem that somebody switched Violet's nice cup of STFU, with a even better cup of RAGE :P

Janetmichelle
01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Ha!!!. You are so awesome. To bad not everyone has got it but it seems that slowly if they didn't they are coming back and understanding.
cheers
Jan

Violetgray
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
(I see you got those "few more posts" you mentioned!)

Yeah no kidding! o_0

Thank you all for your replies! I would've been a little disappointed if everybody got it!

a tip of the hat to BrandyJ and Carroll and Carole who figured out what the inspiration for that post was! (or at least were sure enough to say so out loud!)

Many people got it from all over, but I suppose its true, Brits DO appreciate irony! I wonder if that fact that I've been listening to a steady diet of British comedians for the past year straight (Jimmy Carr, Dara Ó Briain, Frankie Boyle, Mock the Week, Live at the Apollo, etc.) was a factor..

When I was on another thread, Tamara Croft Posted this example of someone being an ass:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?147050-This-forum-is-a-joke...

Normally we'd delete them because they turn into flame wars, but I decided to leave this one up and see how it went....

It gave me an idea! I wanted to play a joke and see exactly how many us would be able to appreciate sarcasm about this.. element of our lives that is so important to us! That's not to say that some of us are smarter than the others, it's just that we all have different perspectives, and different aspects of life that we appreciate. I was going to entitle the post "This Site SUCKS!" but I was worried it would be a little too obvious.

It sounds as if you are trying to be a new Don Rickles.

Hehe not quite. Don Rickles was an insult comic, and the way you make that work is putting in just enough wit to be funny, and just enough truth to make it bite!

With satire, there's more of an absurd element. You take a serious tone to intentionally contrast with the ridiculous. For example, when I said:

First of all, there's all these crossdressers everywhere. What's up with that? I got no problem with the lifestyle, but this site in particular seems to be full of'em.

In order to take me seriously you would have to believe that I was actually complaining that there were too many crossdressers... on a site called crossdressers.com.

Might be upset 'cause the Ravens are out for the season. Ooops!

HEY! Them's fightin' words! But after the way the Ravens suplexed the Chiefs out of the ring I'll let it slide! :devil:

You gave it away when you said Erin would do your toes. :-/
There are MANY on this thread that would disagree with you! :heehee:

and when I want to laugh, I go to a comedy show and see a "real comedian"

No offense to anyone, specially to the "intellectuals" that get such jokes.

Now see that? That there's more of that irony! :laugh:

NathalieX66
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Did, uh....any of us pass the test?

Peace & love to all. :gh:.....let's do it again!

Ericka2
01-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Dear Violet, I will sign off this thread by letting you know that only because you are Mexican doesn't necessary means you have a right to make fun of Mexicans and not just because you are Black you automatically can make fun of Blacks, you in the same token, in my opinion try to make fun of crossdresers just because you are one, and you are not gone make jokes at my expense.

Sorry sisters to disagree with most of you.

Love, Ericka

Megan70
01-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Whoa!!!! Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Here's a question for you Violet. If you don't like it here, how come you've been a member since Jan. of '07, and what's keeping you from moving on to a different site that is more to your liking?
C'mon wake up and smell the roses Krystala, can't you tell she's putting you and us on and having a huge bit of fun here, by being 'miss opposite! Anyone who knows violet and read her posts knows shes as feminine a CD as they get, has a fabulous sense of humor and even does stand up comedy in clubs dressed. See her video posts. Now remember, real men don't eat quiche but it takes a real man to wear a dress( says Paige)

Ediosa
01-18-2011, 12:05 AM
LMAO!! That was a good one Sherry!!!

Good post overall, Violet!!! You sneaky, sneaky...hehehe

Christy_M
01-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Funny OP and tragic consequences with those that don't find it funny. I read this earlier when I couldn't respond and laughed my bum padding right off but now there are a couple more pages of posts with a relative 65/35 split between those that think it is and those that think it isn't funny...If nothing else, you have found the triggers for a few folks that bring out significat emotions. If I wasn't such a wimp, I might be able to draw a few emotional reactions for the cause. As it is, I am just trying to find a place where I can tell people what color panties I am wearing and what my favorite brand of pantyhose are. The rest of this is just too cerebral for me to handle.

makin' it real
01-18-2011, 03:12 AM
OMG Violet, Thank you so much! You had me in stitches! I think I hurt something from laughing so hard! Then just when I got myself settled back down, I read Sheri's subtle little

I missed the joke.

and busted a gut all over again!

(Oh crap, now I look back and realize maybe she wasn't joking! Sorry Sheri, but your post does make an excellent straight line!)

Hugs all around,

~Rachel

Niya W
01-18-2011, 03:22 AM
A few people here need a humor transplant, or the stick removed from their ass. Checks to see if it's covered by insurance . Keep it up Violet

t-girlxsophie
01-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Some people in here need to Dry their eyes FFS alright you didn't get the joke,but don't get all high and mighty on Violet,you got to be able to laugh at yourself,even those that didnt "get it" first time have had a chuckle reading it again,if not move on Im sure Violets stand up career will survive

Big ups too Violet for your fine taste in comedy,you should also check out UK comedians such as Andy Parsons,Kevin Bridges,Stephen K Amos and John Bishop,Class acts:D

:hugs:Sophie

Tasha McIntyre
01-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Thanks for the laugh Violet....you made my day :lol:
Loved the bit about the manly scrapbooking.....

Tash :)

Sooty
01-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the laughs

Violetgray
01-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the laugh Violet....you made my day :lol:
Loved the bit about the manly scrapbooking.....

Tash :)

I didn't think anyone caught that!

One of the most amusing bits is, the mods are usually pretty quick to respond to truly disruptive posts... which means that the mods read it, actually got it, and then left the rest of you to figure it out for yourselves! :devil:

DebsUK
01-18-2011, 05:31 AM
There are some really elegant up-dos you can style on a wig that are fab. Really beautiful, formal styles. They also add a few inches on your height which might help stop things going over some people's heads

BOBBI G.
01-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Violet hunny,

If you ever get to the Palm Beach Area, please let me know. I'll definitely be in the audience. You're a hoot.

Bobbi

Christine Andrews
01-18-2011, 06:31 AM
This thread made my day. Though I am surprised at some of the negative responses - ah well, I guess you can't please everybody.

Violetgray I love your sense of humour.

Verry funny!

erickka
01-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Violet, Your sense of humor is spot on. Thank you for the chuckle and the food for thought! Have a great day!!

Noel Chimes
01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
From one aspiring comic to another Violet, YOU GO GURL.:devil: I have just a couple of questions though Can you do repairs on my tights? I split them in my last Tae Kwon Do match and I need them next week.:bringiton: And as far as cooking tonight, I'm getting take out consisting of a medium steak, baked potatoe, salad, and a cold beer. :cheers: Care to join me?

lauraabdl
01-18-2011, 08:31 AM
It was incredible to read your irony and then read the dribble of the masses. I found your rant hurmous and emotionlly entertaining.

You invited to any party I have, for the life is truely in you. Thanks

Farrah
01-18-2011, 08:39 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really proud to be a wimp!!

Paula Siemen
01-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Do Cross dressers actually get PMS???

GingerLeigh
01-18-2011, 09:02 AM
You are the Eric Cartman of crossdressers! Too funny!

ginger

BLUE ORCHID
01-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Vi, As funny as your post was the posts of the ones
that didn't get it were so funny LMAO.
I suspect they still don't get it.

Orchid

Engendered
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I think some people not only don't read the original post in a topic, or any of the replies, but then don't read any followups. They're like ninjas...posting in a flash, and then vanishing without a trace.
Violet, I youtubed you. Nice to see one of us out there being awesome. :)

Leanne2
01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Violet,
I resemble your remarks. You are too funny. I don't know you but I assume that you do cross-dress stand-up. How often and where do you perform? Good luck! Leanne

Melody Moore
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I also laughed the whole time I was reading your post, but felt sad to read some of the replies where others didn't pick up on your tongue-in-cheek humour. I think some people need to take some time out, not take themselves so seriously & learn to laugh at themselves sometimes.

Kate Lynn
01-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Violet you should do this rant live on Comedy Central,live in front of a full house,dressed enfemme,show Eddie Izzard what a crossdressers act really is all about.

BiancaEstrella
01-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Voted *****, will read again, this was awesome Violet

Debra Russell
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh Violet!!! Ho Ho He hEeeehohoho:lol2::roflmao::worship::spank::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::notlistening::Playnice::lol2:You made my day

Jennifer_Ph
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
:D :devil: Just saw the original post. I love it!! :heehee:

SherriePall
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Violet -- I somehow missed this yesterday when I was on the forum and today I find out that you have started another world war. First off, let me say that I am from Northeastern Pennsylvania and that I am not a wimp! Our former governor from Delaware only called those from Philadelphia wimps. Of course they got even with him by clearing the snow in the stadium, but leaving his seat covered.
As I was reading your post, I thought you might be trying out new material for your act. Seems like most here agree that it's good enough.
Take care.

dutch-anita
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah no kidding! o_0

Many people got it from all over, but I suppose its true, Brits DO appreciate irony! I wonder if that fact that I've been listening to a steady diet of British comedians for the past year straight (Jimmy Carr, Dara Ó Briain, Frankie Boyle, Mock the Week, Live at the Apollo, etc.) was a factor..

talking about Irony, youtube: lewis black live in amsterdam! the yanks are fast learning.

and yes some of the replies where great, are they full of stress or just blind for not understanding......

Cheryl T
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, Violet, you know what they say.
If you don't like it...CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!
You don't have to come here if it bothers you so much. Lots of others like it and find good information.
Granted, I'm not much for the "What color panties..." crowd myself, but I don't try to tell them all to change just for me.

Maybe you should start your own site for CD men who want to chat about kickboxing, mixed martial arts, weapons, violence and all that. Never know, you might attract a large following of Military types.

Violetgray
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
LoL That's it! I'm offically converting to British! :ukflag:

carolinewalker_2000
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Lovely Violet; let me be the first to welcome you as a citizen of the UK and Colonies. After all if 1776 had never happened, you loy over the water would never have gone away!!!

Lora Olivia
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
LMAO, yo gurl, youse gots it goin on. Sheesh if a crossdresser can't poke fun at us who can? I knows I only gots a nickel for a dang $.02 opinion but I got the irony and loved it. BTW I think in this case it is going to have to be Dawn Rickles lol :)

kimdl93
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Violet, I thought your post was hillarious...and was amazed at some reactions. Evidently, some of us don't understand the use of satire and sarcasm in humor.

Tamara Croft
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
One of the most amusing bits is, the mods are usually pretty quick to respond to truly disruptive posts... which means that the mods read it, actually got it, and then left the rest of you to figure it out for yourselves! :devil:

It was pretty obvious lol... I was waiting to see how many got their knickers in a twist over it... and a lot fell for it... ;)

Violetgray
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
It was pretty obvious lol...

Y'know, before roughly 1:00 in the afternoon our time yesterday, I would've agreed with you..

Jamiegirl1
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Love your thread,and sense of humor,Some others took you seriously!!!!

jazz
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Exactly what I said ninapuella. She could be joking with us.

Maxi
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Violet, I would love to see your show live. Ever thought about a US tour?

Annie D
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I just spent 3 hours this morning on Diversity Training and I learned that black women were by nature louder and more opinionated than most everyone else; YOU GO GIRL !

MiamiMarie
01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
"Shuttup woman, and let me get in the kitchen make you dinner!"

I LOVE it when my man tells me that (and calls me sugartits). :heehee:

silhouette
01-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm Sorry, but this site SUCKS. First of all, there's all these crossdressers everywhere. What's up with that? I got no problem with the lifestyle, but this site in particular seems to be full of'em.

Are you serious? when you ask "What's up with that?"
I'm going to assume you're kidding, because this site is called crossdressers.com :heehee:

One would expect this place to be full of cross dressers, would you not :o

I was complaining to the girls in my sewing circle about what a buncha sissies you all are. I try to talk about manly stuff, like war, mixed martial Arts and scrapbooking, but they're all like "What's the best makeup?" "Do you like my wig?" "What color panties are you wearing?" A REAL man isn't worried about the frilly, satin panties of others, just is OWN! And a REAL man doesn't need others to validate him. A REAL MAN knows that he's dainty enough!

Yeah some people are a little sensitive here, I imagine this thread of yours riled them up a little though :naughty:

:ban:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed (wo)man is king :2c:

Awesome :heehee:
Perfect irony to end to your post, I was entertained :)

NancyTO
01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Violet you do realize according to Fictionmania story lines rules you will pay for your comments by "being forced" to become a panty loving crossdresser full time or even, gasp, :eek: be magically transformed into a makeup loving feminine real woman. The horror! :devil:

Violetgray
01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
LOL ok, so I was content to just let this thread go the way of the dodo, but I just had to post this link up on here, because the video, and the resulting comments sum up what happened here perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSfFa44p96o

Cassandra Lynn
01-21-2011, 06:30 PM
You know, after the thread went to 4 pages i would have thought everyone had got a clue, i mean come on, do ppl really come on here, read the OP and then post a reply and leave without reading anything?
Some where between post 112 and 114 someone still was wanting to send you away for being mean, holy DOH!
When you come along and see an OP that has that many replies doesn't a light come on?

Cassie

Fab Karen
01-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Before people get to the last line, the mention of scrapbooking gives you away as "not a real man.":heehee:

busker
01-21-2011, 09:33 PM
WIMPS? What is that? Women in men's pants?

Niya W
01-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Violet you do realize according to Fictionmania story lines rules you will pay for your comments by "being forced" to become a panty loving crossdresser full time or even, gasp, :eek: be magically transformed into a makeup loving feminine real woman. The horror! :devil:
I was thinking more along the lines of making her watch a Charo and Gilbert godfrey adult DVD. Followed by Ben stien reading great expectations.

happy2cd
01-21-2011, 10:34 PM
My manly pink satin panties are all in a wad thanks to you Violet. Aargh!

That said, I would like to attend your manly sewing circle and discuss the finer points of scrapbooking with an electric carving knife (or blow torch) and gorilla glue and duct tape.

Thanks for the spark in this infestation of wussy crossdressers.

victoriamwilliams1
01-27-2011, 11:11 AM
LoL That's it! I'm offically converting to British! :ukflag::eek:

Anyway, I got it! and the responses are priceless!

I think a rant on how some of us act when we see a fellow TG/CD out and about while we are in drab mode should be done.

vicky00x
01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Hahahaha, complaining about all the crossdressers on www.crossdressers.com. Grip needs to be gained sweetheart! X

Carly D.
01-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Pretty cool entry there Violetgray.. Others are gonna tell you off, and call you a bitch but not me.. WE ARE GUYS dressing as girls, why do we assume we have to go by the same rules of GG's?... It's why I say I don't listen to the screwy rules women go by in fashion.. Their rules don't apply to me, I'M A GUY...

CaitlynRenee
01-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Violet-I love your sense of humour. I believe your stand-up comedy style just went over some members heads.

I have GOT to agree, Patty