PDA

View Full Version : Wacked up social conventions for clothing

JohnH
01-17-2011, 01:16 PM
When I get up in the morning, I can put on clothing that a typical American housewife wears - a shirt and a pair of pants, or I can wear something different - a dress (which a typical housewife does not wear).

When I point out that I'm wearing clothing a typical housewife wears when I am wearing a shirt and a pair of pants, my wife really gets angry.

When any of you wears a dress or a skirt and someone says to you, "Why are you wearing women's clothing", you can point out that most women wear shirts and pants or shorts. So you can turn the question around and say, "I guess you are wearing typical women's clothing".

Any comments?

Johanna

Karren H
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Typical is so over rated!! Lol.

Jilmac
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
That's so true. I remember growing up, my mom always wore a "housedress" when at home and my sisters seldom wore pants and shirt unless they were doing household chores. Now, ragged jeans and a tee, tank, or sweatshirt are the norm for women and girls. So I guess you're right Johanna, we are not wearing typical women's clothes

JohnH
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Even the plaid shirt I have on is a lot more typical for a woman to wear than a dress!

Johanna

Pythos
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I see a choir you are preaching to :)

DaphneGrey
01-18-2011, 06:28 AM
I guess you can lump me in with the typical american housewife. I wear pants and shirts all the time and still present female! Frankly I look damn good in them! You can still wear pants and be feminie. I am pretty sure it doesn't really matter if a GG wears pants or a dress. Just my two cents

lauraabdl
01-18-2011, 08:42 AM
But a dress or skirt is sooooooooooooooo much more comfortable (and you get to wear a lacy slip with it, over your panties and garter belt and nylons) in my opion, well thats my two cents worth.

JohnH
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Not to mention the boy bits are a lot freer with a dress or skirt as compared to pants. That's further evidence conventions for clothing are wacked up :)

The ancient Greeks and Romans had it right - only women wore pants. Men wore skirts, and there was a word for pants - feminalia.

Maybe it's not so bad women wear pants. Now if men can get the gumption to wear dresses and skirts things might be straightened out.

Johanna

VanessaVW
01-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Even the plaid shirt I have on is a lot more typical for a woman to wear than a dress!

Johanna

Heck, Carhartts are typical female wear here, more than dresses.

Chari
01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Adding to the word "typical", we should consider fashion, comfort, and size. Doubtful if I would ever wear torn jeans & a too small tank top to the opera- unless I was part of the "clean up crew", but we are an individual expressing our own style!

Pythos
01-19-2011, 10:15 AM
To the posters that seem to go on about how "boy bits" are more free under a skirt, I just have to say, we get it.

But here is another thing about that. That is one of the main things stopping men from gaining skirts as everyday wear.

You see, by most of society it is considered the act of a pervert to let his bits "hang free" in the general public (unless of course you are Scottish).

I have seen far too many pic of men in short skirts, trying to gain the fashion choice, and yet their John Thomas is poking out from under the hem.

Does this really help?

I don't think so.

JohnH
01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I do wear underpants under my skirts and dresses. However, it is nice not to to have that wedge of cloth rubbing against the boy bits. I also don't have anything shorter than 5 cm [2 inches] above the knee.

Johanna

Kate Simmons
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
True enough I guess but I think many women wear nice PJ's or nighties to bed, leaving no doubt that they are women if there really was any.:battingeyelashes::)

Pythos
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Ah, ok. underpants is more appropriate. I just wear tights, which are fine too. As odd as it sounds I find skirt and hose or tights much more comfortable than jeans on a hot day. ;)

Stephanie Miller
01-19-2011, 10:13 PM
"boy bits" are more free under a skirt ----- Geez. Thanks a lot.:facepalm: That's a vision I could have done without for the rest of the night!
Like Pythos said.. "We get it" already.

Eryn
01-19-2011, 10:54 PM
When I get up in the morning, I can put on clothing that a typical American housewife wears - a shirt and a pair of pants

However, the "shirt" that the housewife wears will most likely either have embellishments or be in a cut and color that are forbidden for men. The same applies to the pants which will also be cut and have decorations that make them exclusively for women.

docrobbysherry
01-20-2011, 12:07 AM
To the posters that seem to go on about how "boy bits" are more free under a skirt, I just have to say, we get it.

But here is another thing about that. That is one of the main things stopping men from gaining skirts as everyday wear.

You see, by most of society it is considered the act of a pervert to let his bits "hang free" in the general public (unless of course you are Scottish).

I have seen far too many pic of men in short skirts, trying to gain the fashion choice, and yet their John Thomas is poking out from under the hem.

Does this really help?

I don't think so.

Or, u could do what I do some mornings when I want to feel and look REALLY FEM! Before I get dressed I thro on my female suit. Then, I have female bits and breasts that appear real! Nothing to, "hang out", or breast forms edges to show!

If wearing women's things is our goal, I guess that's alrite, too?