PDA

View Full Version : Need Immediate Advise and feedback

Sandy Banks
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm going out socially for the first time, in a few hours. Going to a lesbian piano bar in Wilmington. I'm wearing a stylish, yet casual grey/black top from Dillards and black suade flat boots.......now the question..........should I wear a black pencil skirt with grey/black DKNY tights or a pair of dark blue jeggings(is one too dressy, is the other too casual?????) What do you think???? Help!!!!

Kaz
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do... I'd go for the jeggings..easier blend? If not whatever the easier blend is... what are the local girls wearing? You should know?

danielleb
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Dress for the occasion! I'd say the jeggings may be a bit underdressed. Go for the skirt and tights.:thumbsup:

Have a good time out there:)

Kaz
01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I have had a rethink... piano bar... skirt! You will also feel better afterwards!

Julogden
01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Since I've never been to the bar you're going to, I can't say for certain, but I used to be a regular at a lesbian bar in the suburbs of Chicago, and if your bar is like that one, casual is better, if that's a look that you enjoy and you want your clothes to fit in with the other customers. But I sometimes dressed up a bit more, dress, hose and low heels (I'm 6'5" so I rarely wore high heels anywhere), sometimes jeans and a nice top, and never had any trouble, everyone was always friendly.

Good luck, and have fun!

Carol
P.S. I don't know about the bar you're going to, but up here, it was always polite to use the men's washroom when in a lesbian bar, unless you're a full-time TS. There will be women in the men's room anyway. There were a few women who were uncomfortable when the occasional CD would insist on using the women's washroom because they felt that it was their right to use whatever washroom they wanted to. If I was in a men's bar, I always used the women's washroom, worked out fine for me.

sissystephanie
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
As an oldtimer who has dressed for more years than a lot of you have been alive, I say go for the skirt and tights. You want to blend in, not be a real standout!! Have fun!!

Sandy Banks
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the bathroom info. I was thinking about it.........................

Sandy Banks
01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
What if I keep the jeggings in the car and dash out to change if I'm out of place?????

kym
01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
coming from a girl that spends some time in Wilmington I would wear the Jeggings, you should fit right in. which bar are you heading to if you don't mind me asking?

Sandy Banks
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Costello's (on Princess St.....hehe...)

Lorileah
01-17-2011, 06:51 PM
key word is lesbian...they won't care what you are wearing because...you aren't on their radar no matter what. Wear what you like, have fun, be gregarious, don't be rude and don't over act. Half of them will be in slacks, some will be in tights and a few in leggings. You will blend no matter which outfit you choose

kym
01-17-2011, 06:51 PM
have fun and be careful sweetie

Lena Teegal
01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm going out socially for the first time, in a few hours. Going to a lesbian piano bar in Wilmington. I'm wearing a stylish, yet casual grey/black top from Dillards and black suade flat boots.......now the question..........should I wear a black pencil skirt with grey/black DKNY tights or a pair of dark blue jeggings(is one too dressy, is the other too casual?????) What do you think???? Help!!!!

Try them both on 4 times and pick something else. :) he he.

How long is the top if it is at the butt or below go with Leggings if it is shorter go with the skirt.

docrobbysherry
01-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Sandy, it REALLY DOESN'T MATTER!

The IMPORTANT THING IS: that u wear what you'll feel comfortable out in! Then, go have fun! And, report back afterwards!

Sandy Banks
01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone! My report back will be titled Reporting Back from Last Night...............................

Chari
01-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Good advice from previous posts. Observe what GGs in your age group are wearing, but do it in your style/favorite color! What ever you decide to wear, always be comfortable and confident in who you are and your attire! Go & enjoy!

Sandy Banks
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Went with the dark blue jeggings and boots(turned out to be the predominant look). Met a Wilmington lesbian coordinator, she introduced me to her friends. I felt very comfortable and the everyone was great. It was a cozy, lesbian, piano bar and the GG who provided the vocals while she played piano was awesome. John who was gay, even felt my breasts! Just in case it was formal, I underdressed with tights and a stretchy pencil skirt that i used as a waist cincher and all I would have had to do is go to the bathroom, pull off the jeans, pull down the skirt and hide the jeans under my trench coat(a new clever cd tactic!!!). Thanks to all of you who have posted about your first time out, you've all inspired me. What a neat experience!!!

sabrinaedwards
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Please let us know the outcome of your evening out. I can say that I went to a lesbian bar and I wore a black dress with bright painted flowers, black patent pumps, nails done and stylish hair. I really enjoyed the evening and I can say that I was the best dressed!

Debb
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Aw cmon! There are no pics of the jeggings! Please ... pretty please?

Sandy Banks
01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Karren would object to girls wearing jeans......:D

kym
01-18-2011, 10:11 PM
we won't tell her, I promise