PDA

View Full Version : Curves

terrigurl
01-18-2011, 10:26 AM
I just wanted to share an experience I had with Curves, the gym for women. I had dressed up at a salon, had my makeup done, and was looking quite nice, at least I thought so. I was wearing a skirt, a nice top, mid heels, and left the salon to go to Curves. I was greeted by the manager, I think, and told her I was interested in joining. She explained the membership rates, etc., and was very pleasant to me. At that point I explained to her that I was really a man, and apologized for taking up her time. She actually had thought that I was a woman! She laughed and said it was OK. I couldn't believe that she did not know I was a man. It felt so good to be taken for a woman and treated as such. It made my day!!

Terri

Leanne2
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
So Terri, did you get a chance to exercise at Curves? If you passed with the manager then you must look pretty good. Yes, it does feel good to be taken for a woman. Leanne

KarenCDFL
01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't mean to put a kibosh on what you did, it must have been the thrill of the day but you wasted someones time with a lie and it could have possibly turned out bad for you if the Curves employee did not have a good sense of humor. I know you apologized to her but ...

I am extremely Happy that you are able to pass so well, but it should not be at any others expanse.

Just my 1 cent (Lost the other cent in the economy)

docrobbysherry
01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Not fair, Terri!
U tease with a story explaining how u passed, yet u don't even post an avatar pic!

Persephone
01-18-2011, 11:58 AM
So once you outed yourself as a man I assume they weren't going to let you join? Just out of curiousity, what state do you live in?

Elle1946
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
What ever happened to discrimination??

DebsUK
01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Good on you that you passed so well, but what was the point of going to an all female gym to test it out? What next, Are you going to book a gynaecology check up?

MatLor
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow...you're brave!

Kitty Sue
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Cool. I do not really see the problem with Terri's actions. Of course that is only my opinion.