PDA

View Full Version : Much harder to wear dresses?

emmicd
09-18-2005, 04:09 AM
Since I'm pretty much in the closet I find it increasingly harder to wear really femme clothes like dresses.

I never venture outdoors in one.

Therefore my wardrobe is consisting more and more of womens style slacks like womens dockers and lizwear trouser style pants. I also wear lingerie.

I still buy dresses and enjoy wearing them when I can but it is not on a regular basis. The last time I wore a dress was in May when I finally went to my first ever crossdressing/makeup session with a professional.

1)Do any other cd'ers like to wear dresses?
2)Do you wear them infrequently or as often as you wish?
3)If not able to wear dresses for whatever reason, What do you like to wear?

Emmi

Raychel
09-18-2005, 04:43 AM
I have to say that I absolutley adore long dresses and gowns. I have a few that I almost never get to wear. It is pretty hard to have a real fun time dressing with 3 boys in the house. Maybe someday when they are older things will change. But for now when I am home I can wear all my nice undies under my bathrobe and to bed only.

Shelly Preston
09-18-2005, 06:40 AM
I think like most girls my wardrobe has a variety of options

Sometimes the hardest choice is what to wear (typical woman)
Still in the closet but take every opportunity to dress

Dresses
Blouses
Skirts
Slacks

and Lots of sexy underwear

Phillis
09-18-2005, 07:24 AM
I am also mostly in the closet. I mostly wear skirts and cami tops around the house. I have a few dresses that I wear mostly on Sunday as I feel the need to really look nice on Sundays for some reason. I am not into slacks as they remind me too much of male pants.

DeniseNY
09-18-2005, 07:33 AM
Like most women, my wardrobe is a mixture of dresses, skirts, pants (yecch! What's the point???), shorts, and even a romper. Each one is appropriate at a different time.

Because our bodies are somewhat different than the bodies of GGs, we have to make adjustments to make our clothes fit. Bear in mind that even women's slacks are designed to fit a female body. Their hips tend to be larger than ours, so if you pad them or do something to make them wider, you'll notice that your dresses and skirts look and fit much better.

A quick rule of thumb is that your hips should be about as wide as your shoulders. The next time you put on a dress, try that - and notice the difference. You'll love the way you look! It'll even make your skirts or slacks look better.

paulacd
09-18-2005, 07:40 AM
I love to wear dresses with sexy lingerie & heels - especially velvet ones (just my fetish!!).

Sometimes when it's too hot for this, a nice short skirt & tight cami top does the job with some stockings & heels.

Guess I'm just a bit of a tart really :eek:

Paula.

MissLauraB
09-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Emmi, with me being on the larger plus size (235 lbs) and 5' 11" I find it better for me to wear slacks.On Monday I plan on going to a mall and getting a full makeup session. And then I am going to drive truck feeling like a natural woman!When I do have a skirt and a dress in my collection though. :)

Jonien
09-18-2005, 08:02 AM
I have quite a veryed wardrobe but most o'v the time im in skirt and top but always wear a dress for sunday ev'ning dinner

DonnaT
09-18-2005, 08:16 AM
I don't own any ladies slacks, so I'll mostly wear a skirt/top combination. Dresses just aren't made right for me to wear as I can wear a smaller bottom half than top half due to my wide shoulders.

Maybe I need to learn to sew and make a dress fit better? Now, a sundress that wraps around the neck, leaving the shoulders exposed would be nice, but I haven't found one in my size.

Lawren
09-18-2005, 10:38 AM
I definitely prefer to wear a dress that fits me well but will just as often wear a skirt and top. I have also had a couple jumpsuits that I liked a lot but it is difficult to find the right fit. I see no point in wearing slacks. I also love to wear nighties/jammies and such.

cosmolovesph
09-18-2005, 10:57 AM
I love to wear dresses, but also love a good blouse/skirt combo too.

As long as I have my pantyhose and heels, i'm happy and wear as the mood fits me.

DanaJ
09-18-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't own any ladies slacks, so I'll mostly wear a skirt/top combination. Dresses just aren't made right for me to wear as I can wear a smaller bottom half than top half due to my wide shoulders.
Donna, I could have written this exact same post! I have a few dresses, but they never fit as well as a skirt/top combo...

DanaJ

insearchofme
09-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Love to wear dresses and skirts! My problem is that my tops are 2Xs and my waist is size 16.

dana

ebony
09-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I haft to have tight jeams and on occasions the shortest slirt I can find.

Sally Gray
09-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Like Dana and Donna I favour a combination of skirt and top - generally matching!

I take a 14 skirt and 18 top (UK sizes)...

Sally...xx

windycissy
09-18-2005, 02:10 PM

Yes, I love to put on a dress and stockings. They make me look and feel like a woman.

Infrequently, because I can't dress as often as I'd like to.

Recently I have started wearing pants more, of course they are much more comfortable and easy to get around in, and there are situations where a dress makes me stand out in the crowd. Most girls wear pants whenever they can, for the same reason. I think I'm going through a phase where the need to put on a dress is not as important as the desire to look, feel and act like a woman, and that includes going out in pants instead of a skirt or dress all the time. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

tifftg
09-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Because our bodies are somewhat different than the bodies of GGs, we have to make adjustments to make our clothes fit. Bear in mind that even women's slacks are designed to fit a female body. Their hips tend to be larger than ours, so if you pad them or do something to make them wider, you'll notice that your dresses and skirts look and fit much better.

A quick rule of thumb is that your hips should be about as wide as your shoulders. The next time you put on a dress, try that - and notice the difference. You'll love the way you look! It'll even make your skirts or slacks look better.

I have trouble with dresses, I usually wear tops and skirts, 20 on top(trying to get to 18) and 16 on the bottom, trying to get to 14. But what do you use to pad out the hips. I agree I should be shaped more correctly, would love some advice.

Tiffany :confused:

windycissy
09-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I have trouble with dresses, I usually wear tops and skirts, 20 on top(trying to get to 18) and 16 on the bottom, trying to get to 14. But what do you use to pad out the hips. I agree I should be shaped more correctly, would love some advice.

Tiffany :confused:

Knee-highs stuffed with cotton balls are a cheap, quick way to create hip pads. Once they're covered with a few layers (panties or body briefer, tights, then my skirt or pants) they work just fine for me. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

norbie
09-18-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree, dresses would be just lovely. But I think IF we can't have them taylor made, it could be a give a way, because of the higher waist of the true GG.
I favour wide hips skirts and the new summer fashion is just great with the gypsy style and the swinging skirts.
Norbie

fionablack
09-18-2005, 04:39 PM
I always loved dresses. The first female item of clothing i ever tried on was a dress.

Over the years I have settled into a preference for skirts, paired with a mixture of camis, blouses, or cute twin sets. Skirts are definitely my favourite. I build the rest of my outfit around my skirts. The right top, underwear and shoes all complement how the skirt feels on me. If I get it right the skirt feels wonderful.

I have never worn women's trousers and don't see the point. For practicality I can see why many women now wear trousers, but i think it kind of defeats the object of being a cross dresser if you are not going to wear a dress or skirt .

Deanna2
09-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I have a feww dresses, but it is not easy to find any that fit properly. I much prefer skirts (of the mini kind) and either a sweater or camisole.

windycissy
09-18-2005, 05:15 PM
For a dress that fits on a less-than-perfect body (in other words, a guy's) try a jumper sometimes. Paired with the right top, a jumper gives you the freedom of a dress while overcoming the hips/shoulders dilemma. I always look for jumpers with strings that tie in the back into a bow, which gives me a nice waistline. As for "what's the point" of wearing pants, if you've got a wig and makeup on, a feminine top and cute shoes, you're gonna look and feel like a girl. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Richelle
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Pure and simple, skirts and dresses are why I am a crossdresser.

RIchelle

cosmolovesph
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
:thumbsdn:

Care to explain?

Jadeanne
09-18-2005, 10:09 PM

Emmi

Emmi,

1) Absitively and Positutely! I'm a child of the 50s , an only child and dresses were the only thing my mother ever wore 99.9 % of the time.

2) I only dress femme around in my house, just about whenever I wish. No children, my wife doesn't object (in fact she sometimes borrows dresses from me).

3) I rarely dress femme in pants - have 1 pantsuit (Liz Claiborn purple silk paisley that a friend passed along to my wife) and a couple of times I borrowed a pair from my wife to wear getting the paper from the porch. Besides dresses, I have lots of skirts and tops.

Jadeanne

xam
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
I only have dress and lingerie and nothing more!

Gunda
09-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi.
I don't mean to ressurect a somewhat dormant thread, but I think dresses and gowns are the absolute best that female clothing has to offer. My entire CD wardrobe (admittedly not very big yet at four items - it'll grow) is made up of them. I prefer tea-length or floor-length one piece items but may get into ankle-length apparel. Suddenly Femme has a couple nice ones in thier online catalogue. Only problem is I'd have to completely shave my legs and since I'm still in the closet and I wear shorts occassionaly when in drab, such a move would arouse too much suspicion. I still lke the idea of extending my dress repetiore though.

Best to All,
Gunda

Debbie Kong
09-19-2005, 02:42 AM

Emmi

I prefer dresses and can wear them as often as I wish as long as it's not to work or out to the groceteria.

When I'm not able to wear dresses I'm usually dressed as a guy.

Debbie

Leilani68
09-19-2005, 03:23 AM
I wear dresses & skirts, my wife helps me pick out the cutest clothing... :)

jessbcuzz
09-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, I love to wear dresses, especially ones that are very formal. My favorite one that I own is a wedding dress. If it were for my tattoo (military one) on my arm, I would wear them and possible actually go out in one.

Georgina
09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
I only wear skirts and dresses and do not have any female pants. I adore slips which helps with my choice. Georgina.

MelindaC
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I always wear dresses (mostly) or skirt & blouse enfemme. They re the most feminine to me. And much more comfortable to wear than pants, at least for me. I started dressing around 1959, when the ladies all wore dresses or skirts. I hed no argument with that --- I think it is great!!

Rachel Morley
09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Emmi,

I love to wear dresses, in fact I'm wearing one of my most favorites in my avatar :)

When I go out en femme, I nearly always wear a skirt or a dress. At home when I have to do stuff in and around the house or be seen by the neighbors in the front yard I usually wear low rise boot cut jeans and a woman's top.

I do have some women's dockers and unisex shirts but I only wear those to work over my lingerie.

Joanne_2003
09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
I love dresses and skirts. I have been able to find 8 different dresses in my size, but have not found a wedding dress or a prom dress yet. I will keep looking as I find them the ultimate article of fewmale clothing. My wardrobe consists of several slips, camisoles, half slips, dresses and skirts and blouses, as well as my negligees and intimales.

PinkDressLover
09-20-2005, 01:27 AM
I have mostly skirts and dresses, a few pj outfits, mostly velour, very soft stuff, all in pinks.

Lisa Golightly
09-20-2005, 01:59 AM
I must admit I'm normally a jeans and shirt, or tshirt girl... but this summer I had an attack of the Audrey Hepburn and spent nearly every day in a dress, or a skirt and top. Must say it was rather nice, and gave me the chance to show off my tanned pins in some top class heels.