PDA

View Full Version : Oh maaaan! Just burnt the pizza AGAIN!

GingerLeigh
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Is there anyone here that gets too distracted by either visiting this site or CDing that they completely forget about the tasks at hand? This is the third time I've visited this site and burned my lunch. My house stinks of burnt Delissio pizza. I've also forgotten my "honey do" list several times as I was dressed and not realizing how fast time passes. My wife will ask, "what did you do all day?"

Any funny things happen to you?

Ginger

JohnH
01-19-2011, 12:22 PM
That happens to me when I'm am cooking supper. I get on this website and allow the food to burn. Then my wife can accuse me of "pulling a Johanna".

Johanna

Julogden
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
I tend to get totally engrossed in whatever I'm doing at the moment, and have burned my share of food as a result, but now I use a loud kitchen timer, works quite well, haven't burned anything in quite a while, as long as I've remembered to set the timer.

Carol

sandra-leigh
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I've learned to set the timer when I put the pizza in the oven :D

But the pot on the stove... :o

Fortunately for our domestic harmony, my wife is even worse at forgetting that things are cooking when she starts using her computer.

Now, the number of times I've been late for something or left something else undone while I've been on... I've even given up opportunities to dress in order to read and reply on here. (If someone is going through a crisis and I have something to contribute to help them, then that's more important to me than another trip to the grocery store to pick up some milk.)

Kate Simmons
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
All the time but not due to being distracted, they just happen.:heehee:

Sarah Doepner
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
"Get your nose out of the computer!" Says the woman watching the TV.

I can't tell you how many times my bride has to try more than once to attract my attention when I'm in the middle of reading important things this site.

RADER
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Been There, Done That, Wore out the "T" shirt. Your not alone. Rader

Leslie Langford
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Is there anyone here that gets too distracted by either visiting this site or CDing that they completely forget about the tasks at hand? This is the third time I've visited this site and burned my lunch. My house stinks of burnt Delissio pizza. I've also forgotten my "honey do" list several times as I was dressed and not realizing how fast time passes. My wife will ask, "what did you do all day?"

Any funny things happen to you?

Ginger

...that pink fog suddenly turned into an acrid cloud of black smoke before you got that "wake up" call from the smoke detector...LOL!

I hear you, sister - been there, done that. I can especially relate to that pesky "honey do" list that always seems to get pushed aside when the choice is between dressing up or cleaning out the gutters. So many heels and dresses, so little time...:heehee::eek::doh:

suit
01-19-2011, 07:04 PM
have you ever heard something like someone bounding on your door? thump thump thump ! call hello ! thump thump hello , come in thump annoyed I get up run up stairs to see who is so polite ..and greeted by the smell of burnt hard boiled eggs !
eggs explode under the right circumstances! and stainless steel spatulas leave marks on ceiling paint

Kaz
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I routinely lose onions and celery simmering in olive oil! One minute they are fine... I dive upstairs... you know the story!

Loni
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
the micro turns off when the timer goes off. so no over cooked stuff...unless i put to much time on the timer.

Cynthia Anne
01-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Gees, I thought you were suppose to do that! I thought I was just being a girl when that happens all the time?!!!

danielleb
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I hate it when that happens, soo much build up in waitng for it to get done, and it all gets ruined!:doh:
What are you doing eating pizza anyway? How are you supposed to retain that girly figure?:D:heehee:

Chickhe
01-20-2011, 01:48 AM
It is pretty rare that I forget something like that, but as for getting anything productive done forget it. I can eat up hours dressing, I swear time goes faster when I'm in the female dimension.

GingerLeigh
01-20-2011, 08:47 AM
I hate it when that happens, soo much build up in waitng for it to get done, and it all gets ruined!:doh:
What are you doing eating pizza anyway? How are you supposed to retain that girly figure?:D:heehee:

Haha.. I'm one of those freaks that can eat whatever I want and not put on weight.

Olive oil, oh man I cannot dress if I'm cooking with that stuff. Burns wayyy to easily and makes everything taste like plastic when it does.

Pink fog er... black smoke yup sounds right! It clouds my judgment and I make seriously bad errors. Damn pink fog, gets me every time. If only there were a blue fog, I would get the ambition to completely finish the basement and fix the alarm system, do my rear brakes.....

Ginger

Ginger

lauraabdl
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
I find that the pink fog actually helps me get things done. Change into an outfit, wig no makeup but lipstick and off to do the house chores. Time flys and in no time the house work is done and you have been able to feel pretty the whole time. Thats what work for me.
Besides I really cook better when I'm dressed, tend to enjoy it more.

Annette_boy
01-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi been there done that I have to remind myself that

"The Smoke Alarm is NOT a cooking timer"

:D :)

rocketscientist
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
You can't keep burning meals. You'd make a horrible wife! LOL. Hugs, Tonya

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Naughty, naughty apparently the burnt bits are no good for ones health. I usually get so engrossed in this stupid puter that I forget I am actually human. I almost feel like a peripheral device, can't wait for an upgrade when I upgrade the system. Hmm, maybe that maxi dress will be nice.

JenniferR771
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh sure! I get distracted all the time. As in forget to take the clothes out of the dryer. Forget to wake Janice up from her nap so she can go babysit for granchildren. Stay up too late at night.
Oh sure--it happens.