PDA

View Full Version : Look vs feel

Briana90802
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
So when you first started crossdressing something made you go back for seconds. Was it the way you looked in that garment or the way it felt on you? Being males we tend to be very visual, and yet girl's clothing has a great texture to it.

Follow up question too. Today which you go for, the look or the feel of that garment?

Natalee
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Both. I liked the relatively tighter and snug feel from chest to legs. And also can't help catching glances when passing a mirror. :)

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Both, the look must satisfy the creativity but the feel of fabric must caress my skin smoothly, the sound of the whoosh in a skirt or dress or the sound that high heels make on a hard surface. I must add the taste of a nice lippie (strawberry flavoured) and the odour of perfume.

geri-tg.
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Both but stronger for the looks. The transformation is so awesome. I love to take time and so enjoy seeing the diference in the way I look. I have taken up to an hour to dress.

Dena
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM
The feeling got me. Then I discovered I loved how it looked.

Misty G
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I enjoy both in early years it was probably more for the feel than anything else but for the last 15 years or so I would have to say it is more the looks and then the feel. I too love the feel of the make-up, the taste of the lip stick, and the smell of White Diamond perfume.

JustWendy
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
When I first started crossdressing in my teens, it was the feel - sensations I had never experienced before - nylon against your skin, the tightness of some garments, the feel of your skirt as you twirled around, walking in heels, petticoats and crinolines (yes I'm that old). When I was young, it was all about the clothes. Now it is much more about the appearance, including hair, makeup, and jewelry.

Yolanda_Voils
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
The Feel

Without a doubt. The first garment I wore was very tight and long girdle with a opening for my ,, well you know.

Next hot feeling item was Hosiery, Panty Hose presented problems, so a long garter belt that doubled as a waist cincher got me into Thigh Highs

Then the feeling of open toe high heels with an akle strap, those DID make it all come together.

Yolanda

JamieTG
01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Its always been the feel of the clothes for me. Especially growing up when I was only interested in lingerie. I loved the soft, silky feeling of nylon on my body.

Michala
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
When I first started it was the feel. Liked feeling like a girl when I put my mom's clothes on. Wasn't until I was older and became more interested in how I looked. Got better at makeup (still not perfect) and changed to a kind of ****ty look to a more polished female look and love that look much better.

danielle.cd
01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
for me i guess it was the feel and look , the first time i wore women under clothes they were lighter and softer then my tighty whites and they looked awsome it made me feel like a girl inside so ever sense then i knew i had to be a girl or somehow get that feeling back, and ever since when i put my clothes on women clothes turn me into a women mentally , weird i know but thats me

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-19-2011, 04:22 PM
I love the look and the feel, mostly the feel when I was young,6- 8 years old.

charlie
01-19-2011, 04:33 PM
It is definitely the look. I'll shop several stores searching for that "right" outfit. My aim is to be the best looking girl that I can be. The outfit and look are everything! The feel of nylons, the satin feel and being hugged by a bra all go away after 15 minutes. having everything just right lasts all night.

diannecourtney
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I like all the other girls very much like them both but you know there is a third. THE SOUND!!! I was just iin my basement and the sound of the heels just brought the whole thing together. I missed Monday but I have been 24/7 for the past week, even a nightie.

happy2cd
01-19-2011, 05:44 PM
It started with the fell, and continues to be the feel coupled with the looks, sounds and smells described by others.

Alice B
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
When I first started it was the feel, but now it is the look. And if the look feels good to me that is all I need.

ninapuella
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
For me it was the look. But what made me start at the beginning is a mystery. :doh:

Kaz
01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Definately the feel. Since I have been trying to look like a woman (as compared to wearing women's clothes), the look has become equally important.

When you can't "look" 100%, the feeling is important... When you look 100%... the feeling is amazing!

docrobbysherry
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I feel like it's the look! But, I ALWAYS look for the feel, too!

mywifeswoman
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
For me, its feel and looks...I love the feels most, but there is that part of me that wants the look of passing very much. Takes alot of work, but is worth it. I know some dont care if they pass or not and thats ok for them, but there is just something about going out and not getting goofy looks and instead getting admiring glances and that makes me feel like i am who im trying to be..when at home, looks not so much..just lounging and being comfy in sexy things is so relaxing.

Cynthia Anne
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Its always been the feel for me, every since I was 4 years old! I love pretty clothes, although they look better on someone else and I'm afraid if I depended on how they look on me then I WOULD NEVER cross dress again!Ha,ha.!

Marissa_Black
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
The look lured me in for a try and the feel hooked me!!!

Marissa_Black
01-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry for the fishing metaphor...lol.

Polly R
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
I guess it was first the feel - the hugging underpinnings and lovely slinky-soft next layers compared to my rough male clothes. But now it's the whole thing with looks being No 1. My SO / wife has really helped me develop some style these last two years and I'm starting to love it as opposed to trying to fight it all...

It's been sale time since Christmas and she's allowed me some new clothes - some new blouses and a dress. The blouses are really feminine and suit me well when added to other bits of my kit - underpinnings, skirt, heels, wig and warpaint.

xx Polly R

Rachel Morley
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Feel .... it was always the feel (trust me I looked hideous in the beginning). Nowadays, it's still the feel primarily, but I gotta be honest and say I do like to look in a mirror see myself looking all girly :)

susiegrl19
01-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Both for sure!

Jilmac
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
The very first time I wore anything feminine I was 7 years old. There was no mirror where I was so I couldn't see myself in the dress, but the silky smooth feel of the panties against my skin, and the swish of the dress as I walked was all it took to hook me for life.

Now to answer the follow up question; Both, Whenever I dress I go for look and feel bacause in order to feel good about yourself one must look good as well.

KristaE
01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Feel, 100%. Lately, as I've been able to catch glimpses of myself en femme (never the whole nine yards, just a piece here or there) I like how I look in the clothes... but the feel is still very important to me.

sissystephanie
01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I have probably said this a million times already, but here it is again! I crossdress only because I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing!! That started back when I only was wearing panties at age 6 or 7!! The feel is very important, but so are the other two!!

Eryn
01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Definitely the tactile sensations. given a limited number of femme items, I really didn't have the chance to put together anything good visually.

suchacutie
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Very much both. Here are all these new sensations and there is a new person developing before her eyes! A bit overwhelming in the beginning, truth be told!

tina

Pythos
01-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Feel. For sure the feel of the garments. Then I noticed I looked damned good in them ;)

tia61
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
the feel of lace and satin, sheer hose and the feel of high heels on my feet.
the smell of perfume and make-up as i put it on.
the taste of lipstick.
the sound of heels on the hardwood floors.
the sight of it all put together.
pretty much look and feel, and everything else!!!

Amy Lynn3
01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
More the feel for me, but I like the look too. It's all good!!!

Tanya C
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
For me it's mostly the look. The first time I ever tried on a dress I was 11 years old, and I had a fairly feminine figure and no facial hair. When I looked at myself in the mirror I was astounded by how much I looked like a girl standing there wearing my mother's dress. Since then I've been trying to create and enhance that feminine appearance with the addition of heels, makeup, wig, etc.
I guess that's why I've never been into underdressing, but I always dress fully when I do dress. But don't get me wrong, I also love the feel of feminine attire as well. But if I had to choose it would be the look.

Jenniferathome
01-20-2011, 01:36 AM
It was the feel of the fabric but even more so, when I put on my first dress, it was the feeling of the billowing material touching my legs but nothing "holding" it there. I was a covert that day.

erica12b
01-20-2011, 01:49 AM
first it was the feel, then how it looked , now its both how many hr i stood in front of a mirror spinning told me i like to look good too

erickka
01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Most definitely the feel of the clothes. Soft, silky, slippery...It was all a real rush. Today ( over 40 years later) I still really appreciate the feel. I am also big into being comfortable, and women's clothes (yes, Karren jeans included) feel and fit so much better than do ANY man clothes I own.

lauraabdl
01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
When I first started crossdressing in my teens, it was the feel - sensations I had never experienced before - nylon against your skin, the tightness of some garments, the feel of your skirt as you twirled around, walking in heels, petticoats and crinolines (yes I'm that old). When I was young, it was all about the clothes. Now it is much more about the appearance, including hair, makeup, and jewelry.

I so am in touch with you. When I had the chance I finally broke down and purchased five different color crinilines, tafta or full frilly can can slips, petticoats and such, the thrill was still there and finally the look could be completed with makeup and wig.

Tina B.
01-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I guess I would have to say the feel got me started, I was to small to see myself easily in the bathroom mirror. I still love the feel, anything silky feeling. but it has to look good also. even more important than the feel, is the feelings, If I look good, and it feels good, then I get a warm feeling all over, and thats what I dress for.
Tina B.

NicoleScott
01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
I like the feel, sounds, and smells, but crossdressing just wouldn't be the same without mirrors. It's about the look for me.

big_brenda_75
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I suppose I've gone from feel to look. I like my look in the mirror with a good bra and a blouse or dress that shows off what I am. Or maybe I should say I appreciate that I look nice dressed. As i sit typing I'm wearing a plain old house dress, and I'm as satisfied as when I take more effort to select a perfect blouse and slacks combination. I like myself when I wear a nightgown (long preferred, with satin trim, yes, a feel thing!) Most of all I like that being dressed is no longer remarkable, but a part of my life. when I go out I choose to be dressed but uni-sex, with the intention that nobody notices. The whole point is to be comfortable in my clothes, not to make them the point of my life.

Morganx
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
It used to be the feel, I wouldn't care about things like colors matching or style at all. Now its totally different, I'm more into looking like a normal girl and try to dress according to what I'm doing. Its way more fun.

*~Cassie~*
01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
For me they're both important in their own ways...originally it was the look that drew me into trying, but once tried the firs time, I guess it was the feel that kept me coming back :) tbh I think it's still the feel that keeps me dressing :)

Stephanie47
01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
I love the feel of stockings on my legs, the nylon panties on my butt, and the silky softness of a nylon slip rubbing over my chest. The nylon slip rubbing on the nylon panties is a great feel, especially if it is a Smart Fit double layer slip. That makes it a triple sexy feel. I also love the feel of stockings inside high heels. I do not like anything scratchy in the way of outer garments. Of course, any article of clothing that feels greats, looks great.

Casey
01-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Alsolutely the feel! Not just the feel of the fabrics and textures but more importantly how I feel when I am dressed. Even when I am underdressing and only wearing panties under my clothes, the little ways they remind me they are 'panties' and not briefs make me feel special. Not sure what it is but if I am having trouble sleeping, I can reach back and feel the little seam across the back of my panties or run my hand along the sating of my nightie and I realx and fall asleep. Definately the feel. :)

joan658
01-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Definitely feel ... it was very exciting at first. Only later did "look" become more important.

Raychel
01-22-2011, 07:34 AM
It is definitly the feel for me. I am way more comfortable in womens clothes, Besides every mirror that I look in breaks.:eek:

Salina
01-22-2011, 07:40 AM
It started out as the feel, nylon panties, slips and now is both. I love the look of women's clothes, but a big part of the reason I dress is still the feel of the soft, sensous materials on my skin.

msniki48
01-22-2011, 07:40 AM

Wendy, you have said it almost to a TEE...as a child i was the feel that i had never experienced. after i was given the freedom to explore this persona...it was deffinatley the look and transofrmation to niki. i treasure every moment that i can see her there.:daydreaming::daydreaming:

hugs:hugs:

Jill M
01-22-2011, 08:10 AM
For me it was and still is the feel and texture of the clothing on my skin. I, also, enjoy the the tightness of panty hose and the awareness of a bra on my body.

PretzelGirl
01-22-2011, 01:15 PM
The feel is for individual pieces. The look is for putting together the complete outfit, accessories, make-up, and hair style.

Rianna Humble
01-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I might be the odd one out, but for me it was neither the look nor the feel of the garment as such, it was how wearing it made me feel inside. Putting on feminine clothing made me feel complete in a way that masculine clothes never could.

Now, I choose my clothing for a combination of look and feel - or sometimes just to match my nail polish :eek: Either way, I still feel complete in a way that I never could when I was pretending to be a man.

MargaretJ
01-22-2011, 05:08 PM
When I was younger it was the feel I was most into, especially wearing stockings or pantyhose. Now it would be more about the look, but I still love running my hands over my legs when wearing stockings.

Brenda456
01-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I love the feel of soft clothing.

minalost
01-22-2011, 05:38 PM
the feel of lace and satin, sheer hose and the feel of high heels on my feet.
the smell of perfume and make-up as i put it on.
the taste of lipstick.
the sound of heels on the hardwood floors.
the sight of it all put together.
pretty much look and feel, and everything else!!!

Oh yes! Missing any one of these takes so much away from dressing up. When I started, though, I'm sure it was the feel. Now it's everything!

Veronica Lacey
01-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I think that the feel was the primary focus; how the garments hugged my body and hung in ways that male attire does not brough me back for seconds as you say (nice way of putting it.)

Secondly was the colours and sheen of satin and various silks and nylon. I also love the touches of lace and detailing some femme attire has. I cannot say that I look great in such things but I look okay. My imagination fills in a few gaps in reality and it suits my needs.