PDA

View Full Version : Are there any medical transgendered

joandher
01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Are there any medical transgendered people members of this forum, or does anybody know of any,
we talk alot about going to A & E , and to the doctors ????

Hugs J-JAY

sandra-leigh
01-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Could you clarify what you mean about "medical transgendered" ? Do you mean intersexed people, or do you mean people who work in medicine or related fields, or do you mean people who are often under medical care?

If I recall correctly, members here include doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, more than one EMT, physio, massage therapists. Though I don't recall anyone mentioning being a dentist, it would not surprise me.

eluuzion
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll take neologism for $200, Alex...:heehee:

"medically transgendered"...I love the sound of it on paper!

I am usually the one watching other people scratching their heads every time I describe something (using my "creative" mental vocabulary). :doh:

Someone with breast implants? A CD with a medical license? A physician that is TG?
A TG that likes to play "doctor"? A mental health professional specializing in gender issues? hmmmm...ok, I guess you could just clarify the description for me. But hey, where is the fun in that?...hehehehee

jus' kidd'n round'... :)

On a forum this size, I would guess there are a few of every career discipline listed in a typical classified ads employment section of any newspaper. Just like attorneys and other licensed professionals, many are cautious about revealing their qualifications due to potential legal and reputation issues.

I play doctor in the bedroom sometimes...that's about it for me...:D
:love:

joandher
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry , I should have said,transgendered people who work in the medical field, ( no not doctors or nurses camping either ) I would like to know if they have had any embarrassing moments, while working ???

Hugs J-JAY

StaceyJane
01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
I work in a hospital lab. I haven't come out on my job yet so I really haven't had any problems.

Ashley Allison
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm probably going to start medical school in the fall. I have worked in hospitals and medical offices in the past.

Megan Thomas
01-21-2011, 08:19 PM
when I approached my doc about transitioning we discussed his past experience in the gender arena. He told me of a hospital consultant who had transitioned MtF. He said it was extremely hard to do so, even more so for someone such as a doctor. We didn't have time to discuss it any further sadly.

Stephanie-L
01-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I am a Nurse Practicioner and have considered what would happen if I transitioned on the job. I probably would find it easier to start over in a different town than to stay at the same place. That said, I do know of people who have done it. And of course there are a few rather famous physicians who have transitioned, most notably Marci Bowers. I feel in some ways the medical field might be more accepting, as we are trained to be, and in others a bit harder, as patients might have more problems with TG folks. Why do you ask, are you in the medical field, or considering going into it?....Stephanie

Billie Jean
01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm a nurse. An LPN infact. If you mean have we ever dressed at work then yes I have. It was for Nurses week at the facility I used to work for and the maintenace man dressed with me. No one knew about Billie Jean as it was for fun. Nobody where I work now has ever seen me dressed nor knows about my lifestyle. I haven't seen anybody who was trangendered as a patient. Billie Jean