PDA

View Full Version : Another step...

Polly R
01-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Evening Girls

Everyone seems to want to post something about their first time out so I'll add my piece... Whilst not wanting to change from M -> F, I'd like to go out in the World and not frighten anyone, ie. enjoying the lovely clothes and looks that the GGs genuinely have at their disposal, so in other words, look the part...

Well tonight it was our local CD/TS group meeting. I've only been along a couple of times and SWMBO has until now held my hand (bless her). Tonight however was different. She said I had to go on my own. So, got glammed up and off I went feeling VERY nervous about 1. creeping out of the house and hoping none of the neighbours saw me 2. driving the 30 miles to the meeting 3. getting out of the car in public then going to the hotel and having to pass members of the general public on the way in.

So, how did it go? 1. Well as far as I know, nobody saw me (and if they did, they would have seen a quite presentable female) 2. no problem 3. was a little bit wary of getting out of the car as the hotel was in a darkish street and there were men standing about outside several other hotels smoking. I held my head up high and walked purposely (thanks for all the advice on this forum in that respect!) so I coped and finally made an entrance and met up with some of the CDers I've met before.

Feel a lot better and have more confidence now. Although I say it myself, looking at myself dressed, compared with the majority at the meeting, I was better dressed than most and received a few compliments on my looks. Another visit next month then perhaps a trip out in daylight..? (My wife appears to want me to go out with her dressed so we'll see)

Thanks for all the good advice and support here girls, much appreciated.

xx Polly

KayleeDahl
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Congratulations Polly, sounds like a completely empowering experience!

Hugs
Kaylee

Misty G
01-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Sounds like you had a good time. Doesn't it feel good ?

DebsUK
01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Fabulous! Tiny steps, but all in the right direction :)