PDA

View Full Version : Kids

Chickhe
01-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Funny story. Today at dinner time my young daughter is talking to us about her art class at school...she is in grade 2 and she laughs as she tells it. She says, we were cutting out catalog images to glue on our art projects and I saw one with boobies! (I guess they found the sears catolog) Apparently all the kids were laughing (as kids that age do). Then she says, only girls have boobies, except Daddy does too! I look at her in silence waiting to hear the rest, and she says ya he has boobies with balloons and went on a stage and they thought he was a girl, but he said he was not. So my wife asks, did you tell that to your teacher?! She said no, but not really too convincingly. Then my daughter gave me this look, like ...oh I just realized I know something about daddy. I was lost for words.

Its all okay though, the fallout is the result of my halloween costumes and that's fine...actually planned. It is my way of introducing her to my CDing a fun way. I'm curious, if I will ever hear anything from the teacher...I might ask her about the clippings at the next parent teacher interview because its a bit young to be doing that kind of art...pretty sure it was not intentional. Anyhow, I thought the whole story was worth sharing, enjoy. Anyone else have any similar situations?

GaleWarning
01-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Teachers sure learn a lot about the parents of their pupils during "Show and Tell".

happy2cd
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
One summer day I had the kids for the day and took them canoeing to an island. The kids were very young and there was no chance of seeing anyone, but I was trying not to show that I was wearing a one piece bathing suit under my T-shirt and life preserver. While I was getting the kids out of the door I was carrying my daughter who was just under 2 and she pulled back my shirt and looked through the neck hole and saw what I had on underneath and was happy to see that Daddy was wearing a swimsuit like hers.

On the island I took off my shoes only to discover that I still had bright red nail polish on my toes. My almost 5 year old son saw that and asked what it was and if he could have some on his toes too. I scrambled for something to say and said that it was medicine and would not be appropriate for him to have it on his toes since they were not hurt.

They never talked about it afterwards, or told Mommy (who either did not know at that point or didn't/doesn't approve anyway) but it made me all too aware that it is hard to do what you feel like and be stealthy when you have kids. They do make life fun though.

shayleetv
01-21-2011, 12:03 PM
It's not just teachers that here a lot about family secrets and not just from innocent little kids. Back in the time when "Tootsie" came out I had a part time job as a night manager of a grocery store. Dustin Hoffman's picture was on all the tabloid magazines and one of the checkers was on break and reading one when another was at the end of her shift. The checker who was balancing her till was 17 yrs. old. The girl on break said he looks just like a woman and the 17 yr. old said "Oh, my dad looks better than that. When dresses up no one can tell that he's a man. He even shops here sometimes as a woman." Her tone was one of boastfulness. On other occasions she has revealed more about him, it must not bother the family for her to be so open about her dad.

Stephanie47
01-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I wonder sometimes about kids exploring every nook of the house-looking for hidden Christmas presents or just playing hide and seek. Our daughter pulled open a draw I had some lingerie and slips stored in and pulled out the garments. At her age she did not know who, what, etc- so nothing to explain. My wife did ask me to put them somewhere else. I still wonder if my adult kids ever found anything. You also have to make sure to hide your eBay identity. I found if you 'google' your handle, it will lead to your purchases/feedback on eBay. 'Google" dad's handle and up comes his numerous purchases of feminine attire.

Melissa Jill
01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I still wonder if my adult kids ever found anything.

Only thing I ever accidentally found of my dads was some condoms in the drawer by his bed. A little disturbing to realise that your parents still have sex (and regularly from how many were in there), but still kind of sweet I guess.

One summer day I had the kids for the day and took them canoeing to an island. The kids were very young and there was no chance of seeing anyone, but I was trying not to show that I was wearing a one piece bathing suit under my T-shirt and life preserver. While I was getting the kids out of the door I was carrying my daughter who was just under 2 and she pulled back my shirt and looked through the neck hole and saw what I had on underneath and was happy to see that Daddy was wearing a swimsuit like hers.

Thats just plain adorable.

Rogina B
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I have told it here before but..I will again. My 9 yr old accepting daughter,back in first grade was asked about hobbies at home...stamp collections,coin collections,etc....She told the class that her Dad collected tights and stockings....in all colors,and had lots!! Anyway,we laughed it off..I am her dad no matter how I am dressed and "it doesn't get better than that!" Wish others cold experience what being in the open and acceptance is about.