PDA

View Full Version : Girls in high heels...

SexxxyDJ
01-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Have any of you ever just watched a GG struggled to walk in her heels and chuckled to yourself "I definitely walk better in heels than her" and mine are 4" not 2" like the ones she is wearing? I just wondered this as I was just watching a girl walking outside and was a bit jealous that she was out there in a dress and heels and here I am in my office stuck wearing slacks, shirt and tie. Oh well Saturday is coming and I hope to get some time to try on my new outfits that I bought last week.

Karren H
01-21-2011, 09:58 AM
There are a couple girls here at work that are horrid at walking in heels. Especially on stairs. Lol. And my wife is a disaster waiting to happen when she wears her 1" heels.. Walking in heels is not a natural thing for humans of either sex.... Lucky all the skating and ice hockey reall have helped me....

Emily Ann Brown
01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
My first time on 4" heels was like I was born on them.

Em

Dawna Ellen Bays
01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't know what it is, but there's something I find almost sexy about girls who AREN'T good at walking in the heels they wear...

Natalee
01-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I definitely wear heels MUCH more than my wife; so I can't make fun of a little tip/stumble when she first gets them on. She does look damn sexy in them!

I've even practiced sprinting in heels as well. As a protective brother, I used to always tell my sisters to never wear shoes they can't run in. Only thing I take careful is going DOWN stairs; don't want to scratch the back of heel, or miss the step entirely.

tia61
01-21-2011, 10:25 AM
i was just thinking about that this morning as I put my 4" heels on, how natural it is for me!

Sallee
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
they do take some getting use too

sherib
01-21-2011, 10:41 AM
First time I walked in 4" store bought heels in MY size, it was like I was born with them on.

Noel_GG
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I feel like I may need to be more concerned with the everyone who witnesses my adventures in heels, not just the GGs. Eek.

I don't know what it is, but there's something I find almost sexy about girls who AREN'T good at walking in the heels they wear...

Whew, there is hope for those of us who aren't very good at walking in heels. :)

JohnH
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
6 cm (2 1/2 inch) block heels are far more comfortable on my feet than flat shoes. I can walk around in 10 cm (4 inch) stiletto heels just fine including going up and down stairs without having to hold onto the rail.

Johanna

RADER
01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
A Couple of weeks ago, I was at my Legion hall on business.
The Hall was rented out for a Wedding, 20+ something crowd.
It was funny to watch these girls stumbling around in 4",5", and yes a 6"
heals, and their old Prom dresses. Only a few did well, My guess they worked in
an office environment that commanded business attire, IE a dress and heals.
Most problem wore tennises all day long, and in heals, well I enjoyed myself. Rader

JulieC
01-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I see this sometimes, but also related; seeing women wearing heels that are OBVIOUSLY the wrong size for them. I soooo want to tell them, and help them find better fitting and faaar more comfortable shoes.

Of course, then there was the recent time I was walking past the hosiery section in a major department store, and two late teen women were pondering what pantyhose to buy. What little I could gather from the conversation, they were very confused and were at a loss as to what to buy. I soooo wanted to stop and help them.

But, in either case, a man doing that would come off as incredibly creepy.

Stephanie47
01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Just the other day I watched a young woman try running in high heels. It was comical. Most of the women I see who are dressed nicely seem to be very accustom to walking in heels. Most disasters I see seem to be younger women or teenagers wearing heels without a backing at the heel. I have never had a problem with heels four inches or lower, but, I sure the heck would not attempt a hundred yard dash in heels or flip flops. Five inch heels really stress my feet, so I very rarely wear those for any length of time.

JohnH
01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
But, in either case, a man doing that would come off as incredibly creepy.

If you're old enough you could say that you have teenage daughters and you helped them select their their heels and pantyhose.

Johanna

WandaRae2009
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I noticed that as well when my daughter went to Prom. There was a large group that met for Pictures at a popular photo spot along with many others from other proms were there. I thought to myself I walk better in heels than many of these girls. Most young girls these days just wear flats or flip-flops, put them in heels it looks like a fish out of water. That was also a major pink fog day I was so jealous of all the dresses, shoes and accessories.

minalost
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I know what you mean. There is one woman who works at the YMCA I frequent that dresses very fashionably (and is thin enough to pull it off!), but she clomps around in her high heals so badly that it makes me cringe! I so what to give her a class in how to walk in them! I hope this doesn't sound too "stuck up" on my part, but she seriously needs to work on her walk in heals!

For myself, I love to walk in heals, and will frequently put a pair of 3" boots or pumps at home just to practice walking in them, even if I'm not wearing another stitch of fem clothing. It's a lot of fun; and the only way to get good at walking in heals is to walk in them!

Being Paige
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
I love wearing heels, I have 3" up to 5". I usually go out in the 3" heels and keep the higher ones for around the house.
I can't say thatI really laugh at the GG's that struggle, My wife never wears heels and she always asks how I can so easily.

JohnH
01-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Isn't it ironic that heels are not part of the standard men's wardrobe even though a lot of times males can walk in them better than a lot of females? King Louis 14th had shoes with 12.5 cm (5 inch) heels. My wife has difficulties with 2.5 cm (1 inch) heels.

Johanna

Tricia Lee
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM
I went to a race at Eldora Speedway a couple of summers ago. I was in the pits with a race team. At one point I went up on the infield observation stand to watch some heats.

About that time they had the "trophy girl" come up on the stand. She was about 20 years old, super hot, and wearing 4" heels. She was terrible at walking in them.

I had the pleasure of following her back down the steps of the stand. Walking away there was a mother and daughter behind me who commented on how she wasn't good walking in the heels. I agreed and said "I could walk in them better than her". Not sure what kind of reaction they had to that comment :)

Dannigirl
01-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, I see many ladies who can't walk in them, especially their 4 inch stiletto boots, they look awesome on them while they are standing still. I also like to laugh when I am at a formal gathering and women start to complain about their pantyhose, corsets, heels etc... and always like to throw out the old saying of "you guys should try to wear all of this stuff". A couple of times I have said, I have, it isn't all that bad, but they usually just laugh it off with a ya right. Ohhhhhhh if only they knew.

Rianna Humble
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
It's official in my local paper that I walk better in heels than some GG's (including the reporter who did the article about me)

Lorileah
01-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Have any of you ever just watched a GG struggled to walk in her heels and chuckled to yourself "I definitely walk better in heels than her"

Nope can't say as I have even chuckled over how anyone walked or talked or acted...seems like that is what we ask of the rest of the world for us ain't it? So the way I get this is that there are many here who 1) take great joy in at least seeing someone struggle and 2) find that they have some sort of superiority over others and 3) wonder why the heck women don't wear those heels when you just make fun of them (or look at them as easy virtue).

Debutante
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Yes, I've noticed that. I alway feel I can do better -- for one, I like so much more, that I put the right effort and enjoyment in it.
Any my wife doesn't like heels too much....... she opts for comfort. We opt for looks and feel...

rachellegsep
01-22-2011, 12:25 AM
As per Debutante my wife alo goes the flat route for comfort either sketchers or flat type beaded thong leather flops. She only has 2 pairs of heals both of which I bought her ( a pair black strappy sandals and a pair of silver pumps - 2 1/2") both only used for wining and dining evenings out. I walk well in 4 - 6" preferrably closed heel at higher highs. I think the training was when I cycled a lot - walking on toes in cleated cycling shoes off the bicycle.

The big thing I've noticed for comfort, is the angle and position of the shoes heel center relative to your own heel. The straighter the back / the more towards the rear of the shoe they are the more comfortable and natural the walk. I find my boots with the 4" thin flat rectangular heels so comfortable I don't even feel them on.

Princess29
01-22-2011, 04:03 AM
A few years ago, I was talking to a german woman and she was looking at a pair of heels that were no more than 2 inches and she said "these are too high, I cant walk in them". I just had an inward chuckle to myself that I can walk in heels up to 4 inches fairly easily and I'm a guy

VanessaVW
01-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Some can easily walk in heels and others struggle. It is interesting watching an early teen girl try to walk in heels. Like Karren, I've wondered if it relates to skating, some can easily skate and others fall over. Is it balance, experience or the shoes/skates? Sounds like a scientific study.

Jackiefl
01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I also skated for years when I was younger lol,always ccm hockey skates. I beleive one has very strong ankles from skating which helps when walking in heels

Tara Jordan Campbell
01-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I LOVE my 6 in platform heel thigh highs,,,,except in ice/snow..

PretzelGirl
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I am with Lori. And anyway, you are just noticing who is actually wearing heels and having problems. Put all men and women in 4" heels and see who is noticable. So why the "I can and these women can't" thoughts?

suchacutie
01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
A friend of ours stopped over for a conversation (mainly with my wife) but as she left she had to walk down the half flight of stairs to the front door. She was in what seemed like 3 to 4" heels and I thought she was going to kill herself walking down those stairs...the same stairs that Tina just takes in stride. This woman wears heels every day and I have to admit I was completely shocked by this observation.

tina

Cheryl T
01-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Walking in heels is not a natural thing for humans of either sex.... Lucky all the skating and ice hockey reall have helped me....

Just curious Karren...do you have any High Heeled skates????? Now that would be an attention getter.

Maria 60
01-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Had a Maria day last week, bought a pair of heels i was dying to try on. Put them on and where very comfortable until about a hour of wearing them. My feet started to swell and hurt and i couldn't walk in them. I wondered what a woman would do if she is a hour into her day and her feet hurt like that, i guess that's when you see a girl and make fun of her that she can't walk in heels.

minalost
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Nope can't say as I have even chuckled over how anyone walked or talked or acted...seems like that is what we ask of the rest of the world for us ain't it? So the way I get this is that there are many here who 1) take great joy in at least seeing someone struggle and 2) find that they have some sort of superiority over others and 3) wonder why the heck women don't wear those heels when you just make fun of them (or look at them as easy virtue).

You are very right Lorileah! I didn't specifically say so in my post, but I'm not laughing at anyone! My heart really goes out to those beautiful GGs who never learned to walk in heals. I really do wish that I could talk to those (male or female!) who have trouble walking I heals! It's so easy once you learn how and practice a little!

Maria in heels
01-22-2011, 06:09 PM
This post made me smile ! All I have to do is think about my wife, when we go out to a function, and how just walking to the car from the front door is a "sight" haha. She always look as at me, and I have to compliment her on her shoes, but deep down, she knows that my shoes are sexier, and still gets amazed at some of my new platform pumps with 6 inch stiletto spikes...

I also have a new girl at work who always wears spike boots etc...but she sounds like a horse walking across the tile floor..i'm dying to say something, but keeping quiet shhhhhh

hhdave
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I've seen ladies who have a terrible time walking in heels, and I have no trouble walking in them. I almost had to laugh when my ex-girlfriend said she can't walk in heels. Mind you, the fact that I can walk in heels is part of the reason she's an ex.

Alice Torn
01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Princess, Amusing, when women completely reject high heels. There waws a time decades ago, when women would almost die for hose and heels! Times have changed. By the way, Has the titanic flooding eased off at all there? Unbelievable, i have read.

Nancie64
01-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I tend to stay with the thicker heel. I have tried the super thin ones and have trouble staying balanced. My Ex wore like a 3" heel whenever we went out and I always watched how she walked and picked up the stroll from her. Last time in Vegas I wore 3 " heels for almost 6 hours and felt pretty comfortable. I do thnk that the key is practice, practice, practice. Some of these younger girls don't wear heels until they are almost forced to. Us girls are just more determined to walk like ladies.

rachel_rachel
01-23-2011, 02:17 AM
I let a girl from work borrow a pair of mine for our recent Christmas function.. Probably no more than 3 inches i think. She loved them but did take them off later in the night! I showed her a few other pairs of mine up to a 5 inch heel, she made the comment that i was more girly than she is!! I know another girl that is a does pole dancing, she can go up to a 4 inch heel and told me she'd been wearing them since she was 14. (she's 22)

SexxxyDJ
01-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Lorileah I think you read too much into my "chuckle". I only meant that I was just thinking to myself how I am able to walk in heels as a male who dresses as well if not better than some GG's. Now I have had nearly 30 years of practice so it should not seem like such a feat. I did say I was jealous of her for being out there and I was stuck in drab also.