PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried NAD?

Lindahexi
09-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I have seen a special hair removal Gell on Satellite TV, I'm fairly sure it's called NAD. The demonstrations are very convincing, the stuff is green and is said to be entirely natural. It seems to remove hair in a similar way to waxing, but it is claimed to be more efficient and less painful; they even demonstrate it shaping eyebrows! Being the sceptical type, I thought I'd ask if any girls have tried it, and does it work?

Linda.

Deborah757
09-18-2005, 12:28 PM
It hurts real bad when you pull the hairs out, especially if you try it on your underarms. :lol:

Honey GG
09-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I have tried Nads, it really is no different than waxing. Hurts just as bad, is VERY time consumming. Plus you have to let the hair grow to a certain length so there is enough to grip when you rip it out. I gave it to my daughter she tried it once and threw it in the trash.
I think it is easier to spend a few extra minutes in the shower each day and shave- a quatro shaver and some good hair conditioner make for great shaving.

Honey

juneuk
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
I have used it too.
Should have its name changed from NADs to Naff. :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:
It was too much work and hurt :eek:
But it does smell nice :confused:

Lindahexi
09-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks girls for your replies, I'm so glad I asked before purchasing, obviously it's not all it's cracked up to be in the commercial. I'll stick to my shaving system, and Honey is the Quatro razor similar to the Wilkinson Sword triple blade that I use? if it's even better I'll get some.

Bernadina
09-19-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the NADS info everyone. I had wondered too.

I tried the Quattro and didn't like it. I found the Mach 3 Power and Venus Vibrance much better for me. But everyone is different and others have found the Quattro to be very good.

jeff
09-19-2005, 09:50 AM
i would really like to chat with you hun

Honey GG
09-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Linda,
The Quatro is a 4 blade, I do like it better than the Venus. If your happy with your tripple blade then keep using it. I used to be happy with a double blade, where will they stop with adding blades??? LOL
I have found using hair conditioner instead of shaving foam makes for a silker shave- try it and see if it works for you.

Bernadina- what does the venus vibrance do in regards to a better shave ?(besides vibrate) personally I found the venus to be too flat for me to get a good shave or a good grip, my daughter on the other hand loves it.

Honey

Lindahexi
09-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Honey thanks for the tip about hair conditioner, I've never tried that, but I will now; any particular brand?

Linda.

PamelaB
09-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I use Nair for men. Smells bad but does an awesome job of getting rid of the hair. Nothing better than a nice smooth set of legs. It feels so sexy when you cross your legs and feel how smooth they are.

Pamela

Honey GG
09-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Linda,
I don't know what you can find in the UK. I have been using suave brand, the extra moisturising kind for dry hair. So any store brand would probably work fine, something inexpensive-not the pricey stuff! LOL
I put on the conditioner and leave it on just a few minutes then shave. You will need to rinse your blade more often with conditioner.

Hope this works for you too.

Honey

Lindahexi
09-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks once again Honey, I'll purchase some tomorrow and I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Pamela, I've never tried Nair, but that's because several GG's have said it's too messy and quite expensive. I agree with you about the the smooth legs feel, nothing like it is there?