PDA

View Full Version : Do you compete with your other half in the dress stakes

Stockingstopgirl
01-22-2011, 03:24 AM
If your wife knows or doesn't. Do you compete when you dress to look better or classier than her?. Is she letting her style slip as she gets older?

Doesn't know
As my wife is on the short side I don't think she owns a skirt these days. (I do)

She doesn't have any fashion boots (I do)

Plus some other things.

Rogina B
01-22-2011, 06:36 AM
My very beautiful Venezuelan wife looks like she stepped out of a Venus or Bebe website....A perfect shapely body for clothes. She does pick out things sometimes for me out of her "style closet". Rogina doesn't compete with her at all.

Shari
01-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Maybe I am competing just a little.

Looking in her side of the closet I only see one skirt and two dresses, and that's where they stay. I have more than she does and certainly wear them more than her.

I'd love it if she dressed up more. Maybe it's trying to lead by example.

Salina
01-22-2011, 07:43 AM
I definitely wear sexier underwear than my wife does, but she is a very stylish, feminine dresser and there is no way I could ever compete with her on the outside. She also accessorizes very well and I can learn a lot from her.

Karren H
01-22-2011, 08:29 AM
If I would compete... I would win! Lol. She doesn't dress up... Ever! And I always do! So its no contest in that department! :)

ShannonDragon
01-22-2011, 08:35 AM
My wife usually wears slacks to work and always around the house. Its a skirt or dress to church or if we go out some place fancy.

BUT... that being said, I don't consider myself competing with her.

sissystephanie
01-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I never competed for looks with my petite late wife. She was the ultimate fashion statement, always!! I did not even try to compete!!

Fab Karen
01-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Wife? When did I get married??:eek:

aprilgirl
01-22-2011, 09:15 AM
No competing with her at all. She does pick out a majority of my wardrobe and it has improved dramatically. At first I was overwhelmed by her support, but lately I've been questioning her motives :battingeyelashes:. She's been wearing alot of my skirts lately for work. In the beginning, she used to ask to borrow, but no longer . Anymore, its an every other day occurence...and I could'nt be happier about that. :)

Claire Cook
01-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Well, think it is a bad idea to "compete" with your wife / SO / GF in this regard. Some women (maybe most??) are self-conscious about their looks, and to have us try to look "better" than they do won't help that situation, in fact might cause problems.

I'd rather look at it this way: my wife has her style, I am trying to develop mine. What works for her will probably not work for me. (Hey, my feet are too big, my shoulders are too broad and I have no butt or hips to speak of. How do I deal with those "assets"?)

JohnH
01-22-2011, 09:37 AM
No competition - I win hands down.

Like a lot of you I have the heels and have a lot more skirts and dresses than my wife does. I actually wear dresses and skirts often, unlike my wife who wears only pants and shorts when she does not have her nightgown on.

Johanna

Jenniferathome
01-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I like my clothes a little more form fitting than my wife. Probably just me trying to be "extra" female but I love to see my shape in a tight dress and high heels. My wife never wears heels. I'd say I have her beat.

Jenniferathome
01-22-2011, 10:01 AM
You are super lucky

Tina B.
01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Well let's see, the wife has no dresses, or skirts, she only has pants. I wear skirts or dresses at least two or three days a week. Her style of blouse is called a camp shirt, looks like a guys short sleeve shirt made out of a softer material, and the buttons are on the other side, but at a glance, not much difference. She wears very sturdy shoes, no heels, again at least half the time I wear heels at least part of the day. Her her is short, not much longer than a Butch, to short to hold a curl. I wear mine in a long ponytail, and then wear wigs most of the week. So if it was a competition I guess I win that portion. She has fine features, mine are a bit rough, her skin is smooth and beautiful even at 68 years old. mine looks like a landscape of the moon, all craters. She has small hands, Mine look like a field hands, And of course she has all those wonderful body parts that I am envious of. So I guess she wins that portion of the composition. Her personality is warm, compassionate, and caring, she always thinks of others before herself. Me I can get egotistical, a little selfish, and self centered at times, so I guess the final portion of the contest goes to the wife, I wish I could be half as good at being a woman as she is.
Tina B.

Stephanie47
01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
I cannot remember the last time my wife worn a dress or skirt. Even for social functions she will wear a nice appropriate top and slacks. She owns one use to be white slip for the one or two dresses in the back of her closet. She cannot wear heels anymore due to a foot problem/surgery. On the other hand I have to keep track of my wardrobe on a word document, so I do not purchase attire I already have in my stack of boxes. I have close to seventy dresses, too many slips, more bras than her, and, certainly more garter belts, shapers, and open bottom girdles. I think if she saw me in high heels (and approving of cd-ing) she would cry with envy.

DebsUK
01-22-2011, 12:15 PM
To paraphrase the Kaiser Chiefs "Fashion's not a competition, but I'm winning". My wife doesn't wear skirts at all (well, maybe the very rare occsion in the height of summer), she doesn't have anything with a decent heel, doesn't wear any frilly knickers and doesn't possess any hosiery longer or more sheer than winter knee socks. She hates shopping and wears trousers/jeans all the time with Ugg boots or else some leather ankle boots with a sensible heel. She does wear makeup every day, but always muted in brown/beige eyeshadows and subtly toned lippy. She doesn't wear perfume and doesn't even have her ears pierced. She is VERY awkward to buy presents for.....
I'm a crossdresser. 'nuff said

Avana
01-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Physically I cant compete with my gf. Shes a well represented model here in NYC. But I try to compete in the style arena. When we go out its always us dressing up and trying to out do each other. I have some awesome clothes and she gets all flustered when I wear something cool and she feels left behind :p

But she always makes clothes look great... i mean, it's what she does for a living. So I can only get ahead with ingenunity in how i dress, but every look i make looks better on her.

Rachel Morley
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Not a chance! "I can't even hold a candle to her (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/183700.html)".

Roberta Marie
01-22-2011, 12:56 PM
In reading through this thread, I can't help but feel that many of the responses are reflective of cubic zirconia saying that it's better than a diamond. Even an uncut, unpolished diamond is more valuable than the highest grade of CZ. And you can dress up a CZ in the finest gold setting, but it will never be more than an imitation of a diamond.

It amazes me that a group that is famous for whining about not being accepted for wearing the clothes that we want to wear, that make us comfortable, is so quick to complain about the clothes that our partners wear. If they feel more comfortable earing slacks or jeans and that's what they want to wear, you would think that we would be the first ones to support them for that.

Just my opinion.

PretzelGirl
01-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Compete for what? There is no competition. I dress the way I like and she dresses the way she likes. We are both happy and that is good.

Kerrylee61
01-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Compete.... Oh yes we do in every way. My Wife likes it that way and so do I. Of course she is a total Diva so I never "win" the competition but sometimes I come close. My wife is just such a living doll that most other women are green with envy sometime to the point of being downright bi()*&y and she just laughs at them as do I.

Kerry

suchacutie
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
The simple answer is NO. So is the complicated answer :)

My wife is Tina's confident and advisor in all things feminine. Tina wouldn't do the smallest thing to put the smallest of negative issues between them. No competition, only respect for she who understands all things feminine.

Cheryl T
01-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't compete with anyone in the way I dress.
I dress solely for myself. I want to look the best I can no matter what outfit I'm in.
I don't tell my spouse what to wear, although we do consult each other on what looks nice.

Eryn
01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Compete for what? There is no competition. I dress the way I like and she dresses the way she likes. We are both happy and that is good.

The best response in this thread!

My wife and I don't compete. Cooperation is much more fun.

kimdl93
01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
No competition. It wouldn't even be close. My wife is a very pretty red head and dresses in attractive business attire for work. Besides, our personal styles are a bit different. She goes for suits and skirts while I'm more of a sweater girl. However, we both love heels!