PDA

View Full Version : Fake Femme I.D. is a Felony...

KateSpade83
01-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Wouldn't you like to have a fake I.D. that has your femme picture so that when you buy female clothes and they check your I.D. to the credit card you'd pass? I'd only use a fake femme I.D. that way. But do a Google Search - "Felony for a Fake I.D." and a lot of troublesome info comes up.

I'm vacationing in the Philippines right now and I can easily get a fake Philippine Driver's License with my femme picture on it.

Do you think I can get by safely just using this fake femme i.d. for credit card checks to clothes purchases only? Have you ever heard of people doing such things and they got in trouble? Have you tried this yourself?

Rogina B
01-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Of course they get in trouble!! What some of us have is a genuine state ID card with your girl pic on it with all of your correct boy information. Legal and covers your female presentation.

Roberta Marie
01-22-2011, 07:02 AM
A "fake I'D" will get you in trouble. But, depending on what state you live in, you may be able to get a state ID with your femm picture, in addition to your driver's liscense.

Also, I have a friend that has a credit card issued in her femme name.

KateSpade83
01-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Maybe I can get by saying it's my id from the Philippines - which they can't tell if it's real or not. But I guess my best choice is to get a real State I.D. with my femme picture on it.

msniki48
01-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Wouldn't you like to have a fake I.D. that has your femme picture so that when you buy female clothes and they check your I.D. to the credit card you'd pass? I'd only use a fake femme I.D. that way. But do a Google Search - "Felony for a Fake I.D." and a lot of troublesome info comes up.

I'm vacationing in the Philippines right now and I can easily get a fake Philippine Driver's License with my femme picture on it.

Do you think I can get by safely just using this fake femme i.d. for credit card checks to clothes purchases only? Have you ever heard of people doing such things and they got in trouble? Have you tried this yourself?

The rennaissance group i belong to...made us laminated cards with our femme pic on it and my male ID information....on the back is a note stateing that [ This person whose photograph appears on the other side of this card is transgendered and is dressed as a matter of freedom of expression and NOT for any freudulent purpose] i would hand that along with a credit card or liscence as needed.

eluuzion
01-22-2011, 07:52 AM

The ID may seem fake, but I can assure you that the Philippine prisons will feel very real...:eek:

Yes, I have heard of people doing such things. They are called felons and they are in prisons.

Have I tried it? No, it is illegal. I never do anything illegal. If I ever considered doing something illegal, which I would never do...I would certainly never admit to it on the internet!!!:straightface:

FYI, there are certain "words" and "phrases" that when mentioned on the internet, will get you flagged as a person of interest by people you never want to meet. If you feel compelled to post some of those words and phrases, it is always best to misspell them and separate them. All of my text mistakes are usually intentional for that reason.

Anytime I post anything that even sounds remotely like questionable behavior, it always starts with the word Hypothetically and ends with a reminder that it was a hypothetical reference or example and nothing I would consider doing myself or suggest any other person do it in real life. That little tip can save you a lot of potentially devastating emotional and financial consequences later...

You know, there are certain things ya' just can't do these daze. Like seeing an old friend when you are looking for your seat assignment (whose name happens to be "Jack") and yelling "Hi" to him...hehehee

Jus' sharing some stuff I cough,cough overheard somewhere, or read in a book or something...I forget where it was...:hugs:

:love:

Megan Thomas
01-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Jus' sharing some stuff I cough,cough overheard somewhere, or read in a book or something...I forget where it was...:hugs:

That would be a hypothetical book of course ;)

Nicole Brown
01-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Kate,

Fake IDs are a no no. They are illegal and can get you in a whole lot of trouble. On the other hand, having and using a valid credit card with your female name on it is perfectly legal. Sometime last year I contacted my credit card company and inquired about getting a second credit card for a very close female relative. I was told that they would be more than happy to issue me another card in whatever name I wanted as long as I took responsibility for its use and made all of the payments.

Technically, when a store accepts your credit card for payment they are not dealing with you directly, they are dealing with your bank. Therefore, you have every right to decline to provide any additional information to them. Before I obtained a credit card in Nicole's name, I was asked on several occasions for additional ID. On each of these occasions I refused to provide anything additional and reminded them that they were doing business with my credit card issuer, not with me. On all but one of these occasion the merchant backed down and accepted just my credit card. The only business who demanded additional ID lost my business and just recently went out of business.

Melissa Rose
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Faking any type of legal document, government issued or not, is asking for trouble. With all of the security and identity theft concerns these days, it could be quite ugly if you get caught. To be blunt, it would be a stupid thing to do. Depending on where you live, getting an official ID with your femme picture on it may be a possibility.

In California, you can get a state issued ID card which is as valid as a driver's license for identification. It is very easy to get one if you already have already have a California DL. The information on the ID card has to remain the same as on file for your DL and be correct (e.g., sex, name, address), but the picture can be different than your driver's license. This is a great way to deal with the ID issue. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. The DMV clerk asked if I wanted a new DL with my new picture on it. I said no (because I'm not full time). I was able to update my weight and height because I lost some weight and overstated my height on my original DL.

One issue in California is your last DMV picture is the one kept on file. If you get an automatic renewal of your DL, it will arrive with your girl picture on it. You will need to go to the DMV and get a new picture taken and DL issued unless you want your girl picture on your DL. I know of this happening to friends or their friends. Also, for some reason if your picture is obtained from the DMV, it will be your girl picture. Getting a new DL after getting the ID card would be a good way to avoid this issue.

Debglam
01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Faking any type of legal document, government issued or not, is asking for trouble. With all of the security and identity theft concerns these days, it could be quite ugly if you get caught. To be blunt, it would be a stupid thing to do. Depending on where you live, getting an official ID with your femme picture on it may be a possibility.

Ditto! You would be turning what might be an embarrassing situation into a trip to jail, possibly a felony conviction depending on the circumstances! Check out the Illinois DMV, if it's like California, as Melissa discussed, you can get a perfectly legal ID card.

Stephanie47
01-22-2011, 12:30 PM
I would NOT try to use any "fake" ID outside of the USA. I read too many stories of US citizens thrown in the slammer and staying there for a very long time. You may ultimately be released from custody, but, after your totally humiliated or otherwise violated. In my state a person may use whatever name they want, as long as the intent is not to defraud. I would check with your state as to getting a correct picture with correct name ID, but, I suspect that would be a problem. In this day and age after establishing yourself as a male, how do you get supporting documents to get another female ID. Every store I shop at, if there is a requirement to check ID, they require a government ID. If I were transitioning to a female that would not be a problem. That's covered under different laws in my state. If I have a legal female ID, what would I use when in male mode? It's not like we can say we just beamed down from the Star Ship Enterprise after a long voyage.

I purchase feminine garments in male mode, so I use my one and only ID, which is male. If I had the balls to shop en femme, I think the cashier would still check my ID. If I were shopping in a woman's clothing store on a regular basis, I would check with the management to establish my identity to avoid scenes at the register. There's also the option of using a debit card using the PIN option and keeping the transaction under the ID check amount. Some stores have a fifty dollar limit before checking ID. Personally, I do NOT like stores that don't check ID for purchases under a $30 or $50 threshold- a different issue.

Stephenie S
01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes, as all have said, don't do it. A fake ID is just that, fake. And it can land you in jail.

It is perfectly legal to get a real ID with your female picture on it. My state will put the picture of you they take on your DL. If you show up "dressed", that's the picture you will get. Some states issue non DL IDs which will also have what ever picture you show up in on them.

Get a REAL ID and stay out of trouble.

KristaE
01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
If you feel compelled to post some of those words and phrases, it is always best to misspell them and separate them. All of my text mistakes are usually intentional for that reason.

Of course, 'they' have fancy algorithms that can detect even misspelled words/1337-speak/etc... So the best thing to do is scramble the letters AND misspell your words AND mix-up upper and lower case, AND splash in some 1337-speak, etc... In this manner I can say the most outlandish and illegal things possible and no one will ever figure it out... for instance...

rUo><F ut M0ng1Ften. o\/\/dn f1w 3pr0w

Man, if the NSA could read that, I'd be in BIG trouble. See? We've still got free speech in this nation, so long as you know HOW to say it.

AllieSF
01-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Kate, I interpret your post as you want to get a fake Philippine ID to use back in the USA as ID when making purchases en femme. If that is the case two things come to mind. The first is that your credit card is probably issued from a bank or credit card company in the USA. So, using a foreign ID will probably only raise more questions when making a purchase. The second is, why not use your male ID when asked even if you are in femme mode? I do that all the time. Occasionally, I will add spice to the sale by telling the cashier that my ID pic really does not do me justice. I always get a pleasant smile and leave the store happy with my purchase and the cashier's smile.

Cheryl T
01-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't have a fake ID. I do have credit cards in my female name and carry an ID card that states I am transgendered and has my female picture.
I would present this if asked. I'm not trying to fake anything.
Also, I've never been asked for ID when using my charge cards. It's swipe/sign/go everywhere I've been.

Torrey
01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
The only thing I might add is that using card as a debit requires the use of a PIN. This is generally consider quid pro quo for the ID & I have only found one place that insists on ID with a debit purchase. It happens to be a large electronics retailler (with a very ugly logo that looks like a yellow price tag), so not very likely to have our kind of problem. The downside is that I have some cards that charge me a fee for that type of transaction while a signature transaction is, of course, free.

Loni
01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
pending the laws were you live will dictate if you can or can not get a real ID/DL from the state in boy or girl or one of each. but a fake one will get you into trouble.

say hello to your new room mate,, his name is bubba, and he tips the scales at 400 pounds...and he is in need of some comforting.

sophiam
01-22-2011, 06:22 PM
(1) you can always get a second passport. Second passports are valid for two years
(2) you can get a school ID. Just sign up for a class (and cancel if you like) at any community college
(3) You can get a library of congress library card. This is a federal photo ID. (must be done in person in DC. Valid for two years)
(4) Passport cards. Can be ordered by mail and are valid for ten years.
(5) some states will issue drivers' licenses to non-residents. I think California is one of these sates.
(6) you can "buy citizinship" in certain countries and get foreign ids, another passport, etc. I know this always sounds like a scam, but it is not. However, there can be significant cost involved, and usually a sizable investment must be made in that country's economy.
(7) If you meet the qualifications, you can apply for Canadian permanent residency. Processing and interviewing takes about one year to be finalized.

Wow, I just went overboard here. Well the list ranges from easy to extreme methods of getting additional legitimate ids.

My state recently went from being back-ass-backwards to now only requiring a doctor to sign a form to get drivers' licensses sex marker changed.

Diane Smith
01-22-2011, 07:06 PM
I would guess that presenting an ID from the Philippines, fake or not, would get you a lot more attention from store clerks and cops than just using your U.S. issued male ID when dressed en femme.

A state ID card is the best solution. Personally, I don't bother, just give them my male DL and smile a lot.

- Diane

Cari
01-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Using any fake ID can only lead to trouble, I would say its a bad idea.
I have seen the cards issued by rennaisance and others and they are a good idea.
You never know when you might need to use a credit card in an emergency.

My big concern with getting mail and credit cards in the fem name
is that if I transact business using it does it go from a nickname or user name to an alias
An alias would have to be declared on a Job application or other paperwork.

Kate Simmons
01-23-2011, 06:36 AM
The whole thing sounds like an invitation for trouble to me Kate. Too many red flags go up when you are found to not be who you say you are, especially these days.:straightface:

Elsa Larson
01-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Use a DEBIT Card. The Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you enter on the Point-Of-Sale (POS) device replaces the signature.

LynnInDenver
01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I've never actually had a problem using my male ID to get into places en femme. Nor my male credit card. I blend, but I can't necessarily say that I 'pass' up close.

And yes, I do go to clubs with some regularity, both to dance, and to see local music. In all cases, I haven't seen any door person even raise an eyebrow at me. I don't know how much of that is confidence, the people not paying that much attention, or the people being that jaded.

sophiam
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
This is just for an ID to use with credit cards? You know that merchants are forbidden by their merchant agreement with the major credit card brands from requiring identification as a condition of completing a purchase using a signed valid card, right? For example, the merchant rules for visa state:
“Although Visa Rules do not preclude merchants from asking for cardholder ID, merchants cannot make an ID a condition of acceptance. Therefore, merchants cannot refuse to complete a purchase transaction because a cardholder refuses to provide ID. Visa believes merchants should not ask for ID as part of their regular card acceptance procedures.”

Just remind the cashier that the merchant agreement forbids requiring identification for signed cards. Sometimes, you have to cause a scene and get management involved, however, management is also often uninformed.

Have fun.