PDA

View Full Version : Close One

Lucy_Bella
01-23-2011, 02:48 AM
This happen on Christmas Eve , I was home alone the kids were at the other parents house for the Holiday. I am in my room fully dressed ( because I never know when the kids will come home ) when I hear the doorbell ring.

I get up and go to the babys room because I have a clear shot of the front door there, I see a young man leaving my front door walking across my front yard toward the Bench at the park across the street. I noticed two others sitting there also. Its dark out and the light was out in the room so they couldn't see me but I can see them looking back at my house.

I went back to my room thinking nothing of it and about five minutes later in the back of my mind I was still thinking how odd that was, so I went back to the babys room to look back out the window..Just as I looked out the window all three of the men jumped up and ran torward my house!! I thought oh crap they are going to try and break in and here I am dressed up!!

I went back into my room grabbed my 9 mm ducked into the bathroom tore off my girl clothes , the dogs were going crazy barking and howling.. I am panicing as I am putting my jeans on trying to hurry before they got in. I said the hell with the face and went straight to the front door after I seen no one has broke in yet.. I unlocked the main door seen one of the guys bent over trying to pry the security door open..

He looks up at me as the door swung open and his eye were a big as cue balls and quickly ran ,.. I said you better run you dumb SOB I got a gun! I seen the other two tore off in front of him..I didn't have the key for the security door so I just left it at that and went back into my room,, I figured they knew this place was well protected.

I keep thinking back to had I not gone back and checked on them they would have broke in and who knows from there..Would have been hard to explain to the police while in drag why I had to shot some crooks I guess and be exposed to the world I could just read the headlines..

Come to find out they hit up several other houses in the neighborhood the police officer said that they just got out of prison but they didn't catch them yet and got the info from another home owner who caught them in his back yard..

Anyways you never know what is going to happen even in the safety of your closet..

Cynthia Anne
01-23-2011, 07:20 AM
That is scary! I'm glad you didn't have to shoot anyone! I can only wonder what the headlines would say! I don't think you have to worry about them coming back! I would rather be caught dressed than not dress!

Melissa Jill
01-23-2011, 07:25 AM
WOW!
That was a rather enteraining read, I came in expecting a story about how you almost got caught dressed and instead got this!

cdinmd206
01-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Shoot them first!!! You can always change afterwards. As far as I know there is no where on the Breaking and Entering report that the investigating officer list what the homeowner was wearing at the time he shot the low lifes. Good damn job. Criminals aren't dumb, if they think Mr Homeowner has a weapon in his home they leave it alone. I once had someone break in and I announced from upstairs that they should immediately leave the house. When they didn't leave, I chambered a round into my 12 guage pump shot gun. I think they set a new land speed record running across my back yard.

Noel Chimes
01-23-2011, 08:49 AM
A woman's home is her castle. Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought you had the right to defend yourself with deadly force in your home. I only have two thoughts on the matter, perhaps you should think of getting a handle that has a quick release on the inside. There are times when you won't have time to look for a key (fire, break in). And cdinmd206, great minds think alike. 12ga. beats 9mm any day. Moral of the story to quote Medua, "keep you a piece of steel, and always load your piece of steel".

Karren H
01-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow!!! Lucky they didn't surprise you, tie you up and leave you to be found by your family or the police when they returned. Lol.

PretzelGirl
01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
I am glad you were alert and ended up safe Lucy. Ultimately, that is what matters.

Ericka2
01-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Dang! Lucy, you got some balls!..lol

Love, Ericka

Lucy_Bella
01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
cdinmd206, great minds think alike. 12ga. beats 9mm any day. Moral of the story to quote Medua, "keep you a piece of steel, and always load your piece of steel".

Got a model 50 semi Winchester also.. I agree 12 gauge is always best in self defence but I rarley leave home with out my Berreta.. Not to make lite of the story, but had I been forced to use any I still wonder with as desperate the media is today Headlines front page would have been" Crossdresser defends home " not being dressed would have hit the back of the paper.

linda allen
01-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Shoot them first!!! You can always change afterwards. As far as I know there is no where on the Breaking and Entering report that the investigating officer list what the homeowner was wearing at the time he shot the low lifes.

If you changed clothes between the time of the shooting and the arrival of law enforcement, it would appear that you were trying to hide something. A shooting, especially a fatal shooting, will be investigated pretty thoroghly.