PDA

View Full Version : Where to measure?

Malena
09-18-2005, 08:36 PM
No, no, not THAT measurement dirty fools. =P

How do I go about getting measurements for clothing. Well, no like sizes, but like the sizes that women use 32-30-36. Those, Where on my body do I measure?

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Online retailers usually have measurement instructions like this. (http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/custsvc/lb/lbShopping_info.asp#sizing)

Bust: Measure under arms around fullest part (i.e. over the nipples)

Waist: Measure around narrowest part of natural waistline (your girl waist is about 2 inches above your belly button)

Hips: Measure around fullest part of lower hip

Sleeve length is often measured from the joint of the shoulder, rather than the middle of the back (as is done for men's).

FYI, women's sizing is all over the place -- it can vary considerably among different stores and brands -- so that's a whole discussion in itself.

DonnaT
09-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Malena, if you are planning on doing some shopping, in person, and not try on in the store, then take a string and measure different parts of your body, as Darla mentioned, and mark the string with a different color for each measurment.

Then use the string in the store to check the sizes of what you want to buy. Not all manufacturers us the same numbers, so the string method is pretty accurate.