PDA

View Full Version : Told my best friend about my CD'ing today.

Loretta
01-24-2011, 12:07 AM
He was at my house, in my room after crashing out during a birthday party. We both woke up around 10:00 AM, and talked about his love life, his home life, etc. A little later, he was sitting on my bed, texting his Girlfriend.
I told him about my crossdressing in the form of a hypothetical question (A rather bad one, at that), saying, "What would you say if I said I liked wearing women's clothing?"
He looked at me as if this didn't bother him, and said, "Yeah, I've known for a while now."
Me: "How long?"
Him: "Remember your senior year in High School, when you dressed up as a chick for spirit week?
Me: "Yeah, why?"
Him: "It seemed like you were really happy that day. Like you loved it, you know?"
Me: *lifts pant leg to put on socks* "Yeah."
Him: "Did... Did you shave your legs? I notice that they look smooth, and you have a cut on the back of your ankle."
Me: "Yeah... Stupid dull razors. Wait, this doesn't weird you out at all?"
Him: "Nope! We'll be bros forever."

And then the day proceeded normally, like the conversation never even happened.
There's a lesson to be learned here, I guess- True friends don't let anything get in the way of friendship.

Christy_M
01-24-2011, 12:17 AM
That is such a great story and I think you are right, nothing gets in the way of true friendship. Is something like CDing ends the friendship, it wasn't a real friendship to begin with. Good for you talking with your friend about it. It must be a huge relief to have someone in your corner who supports you.

Tanya C
01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
The conversation with your friend confirmed what you've probably known all along, that he accepts you as the entire package including your girl side.
Now that's a real friend.

girlalex
01-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Stories like that is one of those things that makes life special realizing that your friend accepts you for who you really are is priceless.
one of the biggest reason why many people today are not happy and depressed is because something blocks them from expressing their true identity/personality.
and those things are family, work, and friends. as an example in my case i'm trying to grow my hair out but i'm refraining from doing so because i know
my co-workers would look wired at me, and yes that bothers me or i'm just not ready yet.

Michelle 51
01-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Good friends are so hard to find and worth more than silver or gold when you do.

Maria in heels
01-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Tara..it sounds like you have a true friend there...be happy and you know that he is there, even if he had any ideas..thats a true friend

naye
01-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Wow, thats a really good friend, and he really know how to make you feel confortable, and it is also really kind from him that he never asked you anything in all that time just for not embarrasing you, you should treasure him a lot.

Dawna Ellen Bays
01-24-2011, 07:53 AM
A very close friend of mine "came out" to me as "gay' many years ago. I had suspected it all along (although I knew a few of the women he dated), but I really admired his bravery in telling me, since I was among the first, and we didn't know each other all THAT well at the time. He thought it was the last time he was going to see me. I called him the next morning and asked if we were still on for hanging out that day, and nothing ever changed between us. Funny thing is that I never told him about my CDing...that would totally weird him out, believe it or not...

You've got a great friend, Tara...

jessica renee
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Great story! Hopefully if I ever tell my friends they react the same way.