PDA

View Full Version : First outings for Newbie

Anon18
01-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Hi All,

I'm brand new here, although I've been reading the forums for a while. I had[I] to join because I'm bursting to tell about my first two outings. I honestly don't know how to categorize them: I wasn't trying to pass -- just to wear women's apparel out without being noticed too much. I'll describe what I was wearing, and you can decide (let me know).

For my first out, late last week, I went to Ross for a purse, because for my other outings, I would be wearing women's trousers with no pockets, and need something for my wallet, keys, and phone. (Actually, I had already gone to the grocery a drug stores in women's trousers, but they were such that it would have been [I]very[I] hard to notice that they were other than men's slacks, and I wore men's tops and shoes.) For my trip to Ross, I would wear an entire outfit, so I waiting until it got dark (just barely!). Here's what I wore: Some [I]fabulous black palazzo pants (I can't find a pic of them!) that are very fitted at the top (I was nicely padded out in hips and butt) and drape down to very wide legs that move like a skirt when you walk. Love them! On top, I wore a fitted black short-sleeve boatneck tee:
http://cache.pixazza.com/product/full/37e127a9fc.jpeg

Underneath, I only wore a thong, to minimize vpl under the palazzos and black knee-high stockings. Finally, I wore my 2.5-inch black pumps:
http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/073871_4_490x490.jpg

[Quick digression: I wear a 10.5 or 11 men's shoe. Although I tried them on in the store, I originally bought these in size 11W, but found they were just too big. (I have some 4.5" pink Pleaser stilettos in size 12.) I exchanged them for 10W, and they fit perfectly!]

Back to my Ross story: I had to park rather ways from the entrance, so I click-clacked through the parking lot, through the entrance, and up to the service desk, passing by several folks as I went, head held high. I had to exchange the too-small, non-descript unisex bag I had bought the previous day in full drab. The girl cheerfully said no problem, just go pick out what I want. So, I walked over to the purse are, where there were a few shoppers and just bravely looked for what I wanted. In the last row, there was a family shopping for a suitcase (on the opposite side), whom I waited for to leave, since I didn't want to confront an entire family up close. Once they left, I found the perfect bag: a medium-small, black top-zip satchel with a short handle. I strode back to the service desk, and stood there in my skirt-like pants and heels for all to see while she did the exchange, waked past a number of people on my way back to the car, without ever knowing whether anyone noticed or thought anything of me if they did!

Now, that was a real thrill!

Sorry for the length. I'm going to post my second outing -- today -- in a separate post. I'd love to hear comments!

It's great to be here!

Anon18
01-25-2011, 02:37 AM
To follow on my first outing story, here is my second:

Being out of work, with long, boring days (there's only so many hours you can usefully look for work!), I decided to try out a Monday afternoon Scrabble group. I went once before a couple weeks ago, and found that it consists almost entirely of little old blue-haired ladies, most of whom are very sweet (although quite competitive!). So, yesterday, I decided this would be a good group, since women seem to be more accepting than men of cross-dressers, to try going in semi-stealth (if that's the term for wearing only women's clothes without trying to pass; see previous post).

Here's what I wore: Underneath, just a beautiful Wacoal beige satin and lace briefs and suntan control-top pantyhose. I wanted to wear a camisole under my blouse, but the white ones I have were going to show through. I wore the black 2.5" pumps from my previous post, with a different palazzo pant (black georgette):

http://s7ondemand5.scene7.com/is/image/Drapers/M25473?$detail$

These are very feminine pants -- very flowing, double-layer georgette. Lovely. No pockets, of course, so I carried my purse (see previous post) discretely. (I have the top shown here, too, but I didn't want to wear anything quite this obvious on this occasion.) On top, I wore an ivory, semi-sheer (hence the desire for a cami) silk blouse. It was unadorned (although quite feminine), except for a bib-shaped overlayer. Sorry I can't find a pic of it, since it's quite lovely.

So, I park in the lot, walk past an elderly fellow sitting on a bench by the door -- a bit nervous, since he looked like an Archie Bunker type who might say something -- and up to the desk, where I had to ask the man there for a parking permit. Got it, walked back to my car to put it on the dash, and back inside, where I went to the Scrabble room. There were about a dozen ladies and 2 or three men, all older (I'm 48, and was clearly the baby of the group, by far). I was late, so everyone was already playing, and when I said "whenever someone's free...", several people looked up. I strode over and sat in an empty chair next to two women playing, and carefully set my purse down next to my chair.

I then bantered with the lady next to me while she played. No one said -- nor, I think noticed -- a thing. Oh -- I forgot to mention that I wasn't quite courageous enough to go in directly with the sheer silk blouse, so I wore a (men's) navy cardigan (pretty unisex) over it. Just after sitting down, though, I took it off, since it was warm. Again, no comments.

A couple minutes after I sat down, an elderly man sat across from me, just to kibbitz. As far as I could tell, he didn't notice a thing.

After a while, a very nice lady offered to play me. She was as nice and sweet as could be! In the middle of our game, the first lady I had sat next to, returned (she had gone outside for a few minutes) and asked me "Is this your purse?" (it had fallen over as I moved my chair at some point). Slightly flustered, I simply said, "yes -- I need it because these pants have no pockets." Not a word. The game continued smoothly on, with light banter. I don't know what anyone thought, but it was all clearly fine. I finished my game, talked for a couple more minutes with the nice lady, and left, carrying my purse and clicking my heels as I did. Didn't dare look behind to see anyone's reaction!

This was a thrill.

These two outings weren't quite my first in female attire (I always underdress): I had gone to the grocery store and drug store in women's jeans and trousers before, but not with shoes or tops, and the pants I wore these two times were much more obviously women's pants. It's clear that most people don't really pay much attention. I don't know where I am headed from here, but I would love to dress fully in women's clothes as much as possible. I don't really have too much interest in passing, perhaps because I'm convinced I couldn't (I'm pretty masculine-looking in the face, and have broad shoulders), but who knows? I may test out a bit more makeup in the future.

This was a great crowd to test up-close and personal on!

All comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.
Cheers!

Kathleen Ann Trees
01-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Congrats on the outtings. Interestingly, I don't mind going to shops or a restaurant or the salon, but to go into a room full of elderly strangers, who are from an age that I'd think would be more judgemental than younger people, was bold! My mother in law is a big scrabble player. I would NEVER go anywhere near where she would be. I'm not sure I know a more judgemental "traditionalist". Makes me wonder if she would be bold enough to say something...

Anyway, good for you. Keep your head high.

Kathleen Ann

Anon18
01-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Congrats on the outtings. Interestingly, I don't mind going to shops or a restaurant or the salon, but to go into a room full of elderly strangers, who are from an age that I'd think would be more judgemental than younger people, was bold! My mother in law is a big scrabble player. I would NEVER go anywhere near where she would be. I'm not sure I know a more judgemental "traditionalist". Makes me wonder if she would be bold enough to say something...

Anyway, good for you. Keep your head high.

Kathleen Ann

Thanks, Kathleen Ann, for reading and commenting. You have an interesting point about this group. Maybe if I had thought of it, I wouldn't have had the courage to do it! Ignorance is bliss, I guess. I must say, though, that the group was fine. I don't know what the woman who asked whether it was my purse thought, but the one I was playing with, who most definitely heard her, continued to be nothing but charming and friendly. Go figure!

Jodygurl
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Oh, Anon, I just love stories like yours. I've begun to venture out and certainly understand the thrill of the first outings. Confidence builds as we venture out and I think we must feed off of our sisters successes. I know I do.

And, BTW, I love you fashion sense.

Eryn
01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Interestingly, I don't mind going to shops or a restaurant or the salon, but to go into a room full of elderly strangers, who are from an age that I'd think would be more judgemental than younger people...

Y'know, I don't think that the elderly are any more judgmental than folks of other ages. They've lived longer and seen more of the breadth of human experience than the younger folks and likely have a very healthy perspective concerning tolerance.

The group that scares me more is teenagers in groups.

Kathy Renee
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Congratulations! Your words are full of the excitement that you experienced. How exciting for you. I remember clearly the first few outings I had and they are still special memories. On about my 3rd outing to a mall, a man in front of me going through the mall entrance held the door for me. He looked down to his son and said you should always open a door for a lady. That memory is still as crystal clear as the day it happened 25 some odd years ago. I wish for you a lifetime of exciting and rewarding outings!

Anon18
01-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, I just returned from going out again, even more of an adventure this time! I went to see a movie -- "The King's Speech" (pretty good, not great, IMHO). Here's what I wore: black short-sleeve boatneck tee, a black, sheer burnout (with flowers) flowing cardigan -- no buttons, drapey, very feminine -- georgette palazzo pants, nude stockings, 2.5" pumps, and my purse (since the pants have no pockets). I arrived at the theater in daylight, and it was dark when I returned. I took my boy shoes in the car with me in case I chickened out, but I decided to go ahead, clicking away. The pants drape over the heel, so you have to look (or listen) closely to tell. Oh, I forgot! I was wearing a longline bra with padding underneath. Not too big -- healthy B-cup, though. So, as I left the car, I folded my arms over my chest, as I more wanted to feel as though I have breasts than have anyone notice. It was a rather long walk from the lot to the theater, and I had to pass by a cafe, where a few people were coming and going. All fine until I walked up to the ticket window. I had imagined that being a weekday afternoon, it would be empty, but it wasn't! I think the ticket guy noticed me, since he had a long view as I walked up. Same with the ticket-taker guy at the door. Neither said anything, nor did the few people I passed by. I walked into the semi-darkened theater (the previews had not yet begun, and walked past several rows of people (many more than I thought would be there) to a seat in the center. Then, two ladies came and sat one seat apart from me. I don't know whether anyone noticed, but I didn't sense anything. As I sat there, I realized that when I left, there could be a lineup of people for the next show, which I hadn't considered! Turned out there wasn't. My idea was to wait after the movie finished for everyone else to leave before getting up to leave, but a few persistent older folks kept sitting there! Then, the lights came on full! So I quickly got up and left, worrying about the long walk (perhaps 3 minutes) back to the car. Again, past a few folks, but nothing problematic. Wow! That was pretty cool, if I do say so. Not sure I'd go further than that, but perhaps. Cheers everyone!

Princess29
01-26-2011, 11:18 PM
sounds like you're getting out there and having fun. Congratulations

Misti
01-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi Anon, Welcome to the forum. You will certainly have a ball here amongst your very own people. I hope all of your experiences will always be as positive and happy as the ones you've shared with us here... Hugs, Misti

Ash Leland
01-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Just reading those makes me really excited, and your taste is wonderful. What you've described, along with the pictures, paints a very mature and pretty picture. It sounds like an absolute thrill, and not nearly as scary as I've been imagining, although maybe you live in a safe part of a safe city. I've been thinking I might attempt my first fully clothed outing this Saturday, probably a clothing run or something. I've been taking baby steps myself- the farthest I've ever gone in public has been women's jeans (black), silver butterfly earings, and maybe a little make-up, panties of course...your excitement seems to be catching :P