PDA

View Full Version : Panties and pants... Hot dogs and buns... Ah the mysteries of our universe...

Leggy Ashley
01-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi all,
So as I am sitting here doing what I do best, thinking about useless things I decided to get your take on my total randomness.
I just went to the store today and bought some more panties due to the fact that all of mine are old and let's face it... New panties make me feel good. I had one of those totally random moments that sent my head spinning. Why is it that panties and pants aren't the same sizes??? For example I am a size 7 panty and a size 10 pants. Is this one of those things like why do hot dogs come in packs of 10 when buns come in packs of 8??? I guess there are somethings that are just mysteries like that. Well sorry for taking up your time with my endless banter...
Have a good night,
Ashley

Jorja
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Just to let you know you are not the only random thinker..... Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Cynthia Anne
01-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I DON'T KNOW! So past me the peas and past me the corns!!!!!?

Leggy Ashley
01-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Just to let you know you are not the only random thinker..... Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?
Jorja,
I love it... However you have just started another several hour thought process in my little brain. ;)

Ashley

erica12b
01-26-2011, 12:15 AM
ok ill play to , ill be" brief " boxers or box ?

busker
01-26-2011, 01:32 AM
pants are two legged pieces of clothing-originally called pantaloons (yes, for men) and since panty is diminutive, panties would be diminutive for 2 legs. But, then you have a panty-girdle, not panties girldle. Go figure!

Josey
01-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Until I read this thread I never gave it a thought. But sufice to say, one has to wonder!

KrystalA
01-26-2011, 06:00 AM
I've wondered the same thing, Ashley. I wear a size 5 in panties, but a size 0 in skirts and pants. Of course, tops are a whole 'nother issue...LOL

kaitlin
01-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Me too, size 8 panties and 14/16 in pants???

Roberta Marie
01-26-2011, 09:18 AM
That's easy. The extra hotdogs are for our dog, who never eats them with a bun!!!

dennisGTS
01-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Why is it called a pair of panties when you are only talking about one garment???

Leggy Ashley
01-27-2011, 12:45 AM
That's easy. The extra hotdogs are for our dog, who never eats them with a bun!!!

Bobbi,
I love you... That was the greatest answer yet.

docrobbysherry
01-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Actually, THOSE THINGS R CHANGING!
The last time I bought hot dogs and buns, there were the SAME AMOUNT OF EACH! I think 10 each? But, not sure!

The reason women clothes sizes r so confusing is OBVIOUS! To discourage MEN from wearing them!

Charisma
01-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Here let this boggle your mind.

A year ago I wore size 16 pants and 7 undies, I lost 40lbs or 3 inches off my waist. Now i wear a size a 11-12 pants and 5 undies. I prefer 36" inseams with low rise.

I went from a size 38 band to a 34 band, and in mens clothing that equates to XL shirt being to big and moving into a small or medium depending on brand of clothing.

I used to wear a 38x34 mens pants, lost the weight and I'm only down 1 size in them, but not all 36x34's fit, too tight in the waist band and either baggy or 2 inches to short. its the opposite in the 38x34's they are all too big and don't stay up.

Mens pants meant for women-you have waists for them, womens pants designed for a guy but marketed for women :brolleyes:

Leggy Ashley
01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Charisma,
Wow... Now my brain is really dazed and confused. I Think I need a beer

sometimes_miss
01-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I've never read a real reason for why women's sizes are so weird, and correspond to nothing (after all, how the F*** can anyone be a size zero???? That would mean they're non existent!). My take; they like to feel smaller and be protected. So, they use numbers that sound like young ages. Even very large women can wear a size in the twenties. After all, no woman wants to admit to being in her 30's, 40's, or above. When you're in a shop, you can even hear them say it exactly: "I'm a ten", or six, or eight, or whatever. Not "I'm a SIZE eight", but "I'm an eight", and the thinner they are, the prouder they are of it.

Nikki A.
01-28-2011, 07:41 PM
The sizes are so confusing so that you have to look at the whole rack, and then try them on to see if they really do fit. Thats why womens stores have more changing rooms than men's stores.

Stephanie47
01-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Actually, if you get the larger fatter bun length hot dogs, they come in packages of eight!

Tybalt
01-29-2011, 04:17 AM
As a past clerk I allways loved the random lists
candybar, corn and condoms this post shopping experence brought to you by the letter"C". :tongueout: