PDA

View Full Version : GGs ONLY: If you met a guy that was very open about his style

Pythos
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
and that style was considered by the masses as crossdressing, Would you give him a chance in the romantic category?

If you did, would you place on him limitations?

If yes to the latter, what kind would you put on him, and why would you do that?

How would you feel if he placed limits upon your styles and expression?

If you would not give such a guy a chance, how come?

Really think about these questions.

I personally think too many allow society's mainstream thought to govern their thoughts and interactions. There is fear of what others will think of them if they are seen dating a "crossdresser".

cordgrass
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Well, you know how I feel. Crossdressers only need apply! I'm working on accepting my SO in male mode.

Sandra
01-26-2011, 01:20 PM
and that style was considered by the masses as crossdressing, Would you give him a chance in the romantic category?

Yes I would..if I were single :)

If you did, would you place on him limitations?

Hmmm maybe

If yes to the latter, what kind would you put on him, and why would you do that?

Call me old fashioned but I like people to dress their age, now I'm 48 and assuming that this other person was around my age, then I would ask that she dress for her age when we are out and about, I think most of you would know what I mean with this ;) and if she wants to blend in and not be ridiculed in public then IMHO dressing your age helps with this, now behind closed doors is a different matter. :) Apart from that there wouldn't be any limitations

How would you feel if he placed limits upon your styles and expression?

I guess I wouldn't like it

I personally think too many allow society's mainstream thought to govern their thoughts and interactions. There is fear of what others will think of them if they are seen dating a "crossdresser".

Not for me :D I don't care what others think about me....but god help anyone who say's anything or has a go at Nigella :Punch:

cordgrass
01-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Now that I think about it, I would put limits too--first limit my children. They are too young to understand so no crossdressing around them. And I agree with Sandra, if I'm going out in public with a CD, venue-appropriate clothing. If she's out by herself I don't care.

And no pantyhose with opentoed shoes! :evilbegon:tongueout

Dahlia007
01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
In my mind there are no limitations where my SO is concerned, however, society is what it is and sometimes in order to survive you must conform to a certain degree, that's just my opinion. My SO dosnt do his cDing in public so it's not an issue, but I'd be very worried for his safety if he did

Stitch
01-26-2011, 03:20 PM
It really depends for me. I'm actually quite attracted to alternative men with their own sense of style. There are quite a few feminine things I like on men. Jewellery, painted nails, eye-liner, but as for someone who actually presented as a women not so much. It's not because I worry because they'd stand out as such, as I actually quite like men who stand out, its just I'm hetrosexual, so I like my men to be men even if they are like peacocks. I consider Metrosexual's to be very attactive. Like Noel Fielding. :D

Anyway I wouldn't date someone I feel I'd have to change for them to appeal to me, so no I wouldn't put limitations on them. My boyfriend crossdresses every now and again. It's not an common thing, its just something he does sometimes. There's no need for me to limit him. I'd like to sort out a some of his fashion faux pas but other than that he's fine by me. I wouldn't date a full time full on crossdresser. Just not something I'm into.

Lol, I'd just like to see a guy put a limitation on me. I hate being told what to do. I'd just do whatever I wanted to do harder!

Dahlia007
01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Lol, I'd just like to see a guy put a limitation on me. I hate being told what to do. I'd just do whatever I wanted to do harder!

A girl after my own heart :D

shesadvl
01-26-2011, 03:55 PM
And no pantyhose with opentoed shoes! :evilbegon:tongueout

now that cracked me up but i surely agree.....

pythos....I think about equality in any relationship I have had or perhaps will have yes im single, I accept my SO as he is and how he is dressed or not.
the other thing is that I accept people for who they are not how they are or how theyre dressed its the person themself.

As for trying to control me think he knows better lol...but it shouldnt be control it should be common sense with both if you are open and honest. with each other...

I agree with Dahlia I have no limitations no bounderies... and who cares what anyone else thinks, My SO is not out, so if he outs himself thats his to deal with, he always tells his female friends about his crossdressing, and most he tells are ok with it, as having had conversations with most of them.

I have no problem with handling anything that may be asked of me no matter what it is, because people sometimes dont know how to handle my openness and honesty
its kinda sometimes hitting them between the eyes when they are lost for words......

;).... but your young and good for you for asking the questions... makes a few others sit up n take note ;)

oOOOOh btw im old enought o be yer grannie but i dont look it nor do i act it ...lol :p :battingeyelashes:

Pythos
01-27-2011, 11:15 AM
No open toed shoes with pantyhose? NOOOOOooooooo.

Well I guess no open toed shoes for me....oh wait, sandle foot hose.

What a concept. LOL

Noel_GG
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
If you met a guy that was very open about his style and that style was considered by the masses as crossdressing, would you give him a chance in the romantic category?

If it were obvious that be crossdressed, then no I would not be interested on a romantic level. Simply because I know what I'm attracted to and what I appreciate in my potential significant other. I don't think I could force romantical feelings for someone that I wasn't attracted to on a physical basis. Harsh, but honest. Additionally, I don't think anyone who has that preference would want to be with me, someone who would have a hard time with his choice of attire.

I think what makes the relationship I have with Natalie work is that there is balance. Balance between the cute dresses and adorable shoes and the jeans and t-shirts. Without that balance, I don't would feel as emotionally satisfied and would be challenged to be open and accepting.