PDA

View Full Version : Becoming more emotional?

Princess Jen
01-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey everybody. :hugs: I've been on hormones for about 2 months now and my dosages were increased 2 weeks ago. Several (TG) people I have heard from said that I would become emotional and could start crying spontaneously as a result of being on hormones.

So I've been wondering whether or not this happens to everyone or how long it may take to happen. I haven't really felt any different in this regard. I feel like crying a teensy tiny bit when I hear a really sweet song or a sad story but it is VERY easy to hold back my tears. Even when I am faced with a lot of stress, my emotions feel so easy to shrug off.

I know it's not something I should take lightly but I thought I was going to be on an emotional roller coaster by now. Where is it? :heehee:

Melody Moore
01-27-2011, 02:02 AM
I know it's not something I should take lightly but I thought I was going to be on an emotional roller coaster by now. Where is it? :heehee:
I heard the same thing repeated many times by other trans-females I know. But after nearly 6 months on
hormones I am still waiting to be hit by this runaway bus. Or did I just happen to miss it or something? :heehee:

PortiaHoney
01-27-2011, 03:45 AM
Hormones, for us, are just like hormones for GG's. They will affect each and every one of us differently with a lot of things in common. You are not guaranteed to suffer bout of uncontrollable emotional outbursts, but some do experience this.

I was concerned that the hormones weren't doing their job BECAUSE I didn't have this emotional side effect, but the doctor assured me that my levels are perfectly fine for any woman my age. Then, after about 6 months, I did find that I was beginning to react in a manner more consistent with how a normal female would react. Sad movie = cry. Fight with kids = cry. I don't burst into tears for no apparent reason. But, given the right stimulus, I cannot help but shed tears.

Whether or not it was the hormones or finally having permission to openly express myself is not something I have the answer to. It could be either.

Gerrijerry
01-27-2011, 06:23 AM
A good doctor watches the doseage carefully which will keep the emotional effects under control. If it is too high there can be emotional problems plus other problems. Once corrected the problems deminish. Also a good doctor starts the dosages low and builds them up over time. When you reach the correct amount for a female (different for each person) then it is leveled off. In the early times ( when becomming a TS woman was harder to do) many doctors guessed at the dosages and they were too high. Which accounts for the emotional reactions. It does make a difference on who your doctor is and how much experiance they had with TS girls.

Melody Moore
01-27-2011, 07:38 AM
A good doctor watches the dosage carefully which will keep the emotional effects under control.
I think that is it Gerri and I think that some girls who self medicate or others who try to increase their dosages find out the hard way that a higher dose doesn't equal increased feminising affects. The consequences are emotional. My doctor always asks me how I am feeling. Because there has been no changes in my moods, they are keeping me on the same dosage. Another girl I know is on a lower dosage & she wanted to know why. The only thing that was considerably noticeable between us is that I am a taller & naturally a heavier person with more body mass than she is. I was also told that Androcur can cause depression as well, but so far I have had none of these side affects.

CharleneT
01-27-2011, 12:46 PM
There are many different regimes, and when you add that to "each person is different" you get a pretty varied range of experiences. You may find you never have big swings, just depends. I think there is a difficulty with starting with large initial doses. The slow ramp up is probably a gentler experience.

Jorja
01-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Warning to those who think it won't happen to them!!! One day, you will be busy minding your own business and WHAM out of nowhere, tears will be rolling down your cheeks. It could be while watching a movie or talking to the neighbor across the fence. The weepy eyes Will get you! :)

JohnH
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
It's happened to me while I am in drab and I am not on HRT!

My wife has asked me out of the blue when I am going to start HRT even though I did not mention it.

Johanna

kym
01-27-2011, 01:58 PM
it happens to me on occasion as well, I have not started HRT yet, but its coming. One thing that has been discovered about me that may play into all this is my T levels are low for a man and borderline for a female.

morgan pure
01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm much tearier-my wife makes fun of me.

Jessinthesprings
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
LOL I think it depends on the individual. I too was expecting mood swings. I have always been emotional crying over sad movies or a sweet song... So in all reality I feel nothing different in that reguard. As my body changes however I am more please/comfortable with what I see in the mirror.

Rachaelgirl39
01-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I have been on hormones now for about 2 years, for me I didnt seem to get that emotional after 6 months either than here inthe last year something strange has happened to me I am very emotional now, my girlfied can say the wrong thing to me and she doenst think it is anything but to me I break down and just fall apart till I get together . I also seem to see colors much brighter and my sense of smell has increased ten fold. I know I am definitly not the same person I was 5 years ago both physically and emotionally but I wouldnt change a thing ever.

Melody Moore
01-27-2011, 03:35 PM
It could be while watching a movie or talking to the neighbor across the fence. The weepy eyes Will get you! :)

This use to happen to to me before I even went on HRT. The way other girls talked about it to me they described it like being hit by a runaway bus full of emotions. So maybe I have had time previously to all of this to get use to these different types of emotions because so far I have not experienced anything new. The only thing that is different I have more 'blonde moments' where I do something silly without thinking, like taking a wrong turn in a neighbourhood I know only too well and where I should know where I am going. This gets a little frustrating at times but not enough to cry about it.

Jorja
01-27-2011, 04:11 PM
. The only thing that is different I have more 'blonde moments' where I do something silly without thinking, like taking a wrong turn in a neighbourhood about it.

Somehow I knew that. :D

Stephanie Anne
01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I would not say I have become more emotional. I would say I have become more accepting of having emotions instead of fighting to not have emotions.