PDA

View Full Version : I did it. New drivers license with en femme photo. :)

LitaKelley
01-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Went to the DMV for my DL renewal.. Was quick and painless. The place was empty other than the employees behind the counter.. Nobody batted an eyelash or gave a second look.. everything as if all was normal.. I felt secure and comfortable and I didn't even have makeup on besides eyeliner.. I chose to go sans makeup because I was afraid of how the foundation would look with their flash, but seems I could of used makeup because their new cams have a soft and diffused flash, but oh well, it looks good enough to me.

I wore my new curly dark brown wig and looked good.. I keep looking at it, lol.. it's like.. wow..yes I'm really a girl now, haha

kimdl93
01-27-2011, 05:59 PM
well, congratulatons. Glad you have that issue behind you!

LitaKelley
01-27-2011, 06:30 PM
This is me before getting out of the car at DMV.
http://www.litakelley.com/photos/lk.jpg

and this is the B&W temp license til the plastic one arrives:
http://www.litakelley.com/photos/litaslicense.jpg

Lissa Stevens
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
You don't get them right away? About 5 min after taking the pic we get ours. Yahoo! At least something in ILL. isn't totally bassackward.

StaceyJane
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
That's great! Having the "F" on it must be pretty good too.

LitaKelley
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
That's great! Having the "F" on it must be pretty good too.

I didn't mention it when posting it, because I wanted to see who noticed and/or commented on that first, lol.. but no, it does not have F, it is M unfortunately. I edited it to have F in the photo when I was blacking out my info. I asked DMV about it though, they said I need letter from doctor certifying that I'm transitioning.

StaceyJane
01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
So did I win a prize? :)
Soon enough the "F" will be real.

JohnH
01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
The way I understand it is the only reason you went drab so that your appearance would line up with your driver's license. So is it a good guess that you will be en femme 24/7?

Johanna

LitaKelley
01-27-2011, 07:09 PM
The way I understand it is the only reason you went drab so that your appearance would line up with your driver's license. So is it a good guess that you will be en femme 24/7?

Johanna

Went drab?

Yes, 24/7 is what I intend on doing, although there are some exceptions.. Like when visiting my mother, or my wife's family, which is not that often.

cheryl
01-27-2011, 08:59 PM
WOW I must say you look great, and I truly admire your courage. I hope someday I can manage to be as brave.

AlannahNorth
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice going - I like it!

WillowWriter
01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
That's awesome. I like the picture.

t-girlxsophie
01-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Well Done,I'm glad everything went well for you,your hair looks lovely

Tybalt
01-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Just some friendely advice in most states it's illegal to have an ID that has an inacurate picture, or to have 2 ID cards if your living as boy that's the pict you need to have I don't meen to rain on your party and you look cute but you may want to check it out to avoid any issues

Gerrijerry
01-28-2011, 05:30 AM
one step in the correct direction for you. congrat's

Angiemead12
01-28-2011, 06:05 AM
thats pretty cool!

LitaKelley
01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Just some friendely advice in most states it's illegal to have an ID that has an inacurate picture, or to have 2 ID cards if your living as boy that's the pict you need to have I don't meen to rain on your party and you look cute but you may want to check it out to avoid any issues

This is my state issued driver's license. Of course it's not illegal. As for being inaccurate, it IS me in the photo.. Only thing different from the boy me and the photo is the hair/wig which the clerk was fully aware of when taking the photo.

So, if I was a GG with luxurious long curly bright blonde hair and I shaved my head and got pulled over, would I be in trouble for being bald without that showing in my DL photo?

Suppose I wasn't TG and my DL photo was a nice clean cut man, but I grew long ratty scraggly hair and had a ZZ top beard.. am I now breaking some fictional law?

carolinoakland
01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
The F is fairly easy IF you are on HRT. At least that's how it is in California. I've had my F for about two years. I had to renew last year and the diference a years worth of HRT and Hair Removal are pretty dramatic. It was the only F I've ever wanted to see on an official document. Carol

LitaKelley
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
The F is fairly easy IF you are on HRT. At least that's how it is in California. I've had my F for about two years. I had to renew last year and the diference a years worth of HRT and Hair Removal are pretty dramatic. It was the only F I've ever wanted to see on an official document. Carol

Here in NH, they will only change to F if doctor certifies that SRS will be completed. They will not change to F if on HRT with no intention of SRS

StarrOfDelite
01-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I was going to comment that I'm surprised they let you have your picture taken wearing a wig, which might be seen as being part of a disguise, and then I thought to myself, "Hmm, I wonder how many men get their DL photos taken while wearing a wig, toupee, or hairpiece?"

Tybalt
01-29-2011, 10:54 AM
What I know is that in my state it's not leagle, even if you dress every day. So I just thought I'd give you some friendly advice. The law could be totaly diffrent where you live. I don't approve of the law here mind you I thing it's crapp even if some one is TG they have ID problems and it's kinda a pain just to get that pict and little M taken off

LitaKelley
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I was reading a .pdf file yesterday from Massachusetts DMV that a transgender may elect to have F on their drivers license simply by asking for it and filling out a form certifying that their gender identity is female. Unfortunately I left MA several yrs ago and have no intentions to ever return.

Kat42
01-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Congratulations and nice pic. You could double for Karen Allen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000261/) in her day!

mywifeswoman
02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
It would be nice to have two sets of IDs, one male and one female, as ive been told its hard to do things while enfemme at alot of functions. If your "Danielle" and your ID shows "Danny", that could pose a problem, I've read you can get another credit card in your enfemme name, but yet have found a way to have an actual ID that would ID you as your female ego..any suggestions?

NathalieX66
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Yay, Kel!....nice photo. Congrats.
New Jersey requires a legal name change before you apply for a drivers license. It's either M or F.
Credit cards.... mine has Nathalie, and it's still he same account number as my guy card. too bad this policy doesn't work for driver's licenses.

Paula W
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I love how you didn't blank out all the important info a girl would never give out such as year of birth (always lie about your age) and your weight. For shame. Great looking pics though, I am jealous :p