PDA

View Full Version : Why do you dress?

Noel Chimes
01-28-2011, 08:07 AM
This morning as I started my day, (coffee, bra panties, stockings, etc):battingeyelashes: I asked myself, "WHY ARE YOU GOING THROUGH ALL OF THIS? :doh: You see I can only go so far because of my living arrangement (2 daughters 19 and 20, the youngest knows about Noelle but does not want to meet her and the older one doesn't have a clue) I can no longer use my make up or even walk around the house freely. So why sneak around in the basement or slip out of the house "half baked" (half baked= dressed but no make up or accessories):sad: Only to be in panic mode at every little creak the house makes for fear that someone will invade my refuge at any moment?:evilbegon:wall:
Then my thoughts started racing; do you want to be a woman or just live the expirence? Is dressing the part enough or does it have to go further? Is there a point to what I am doing?
Please forgive me if I am rambling but I needed to get this out of my head and hear from you ladies here. I know that I enjoy taking the time to look pretty and getting out and enjoying life as Noelle. I still have a long list of things I would like to do but who knows if I will get through all of them. I just want to enjoy life and be free before my family has to decide between an evening gown or a 3 piece suit.:wall:

kimdl93
01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
I really think you answered your own question with the statement "that I enjoy taking the time to look pretty and getting out and enjoying life as Noelle".

We don't always get to enjoy our lives to the fullest extent at any particular moment, but we live for those moments. And at 19 and 20, your daughters will soon be out into the world themselves...very soon. If you must wait, then you'll be fine. If you feel you can't bear the waiting or the momentary panic, then maybe its time to sit down for the talk. In the end that would probably bring you closer to the freedom you seek.

WandaRae2009
01-28-2011, 08:38 AM
I know exactly what you are discussing. My wife knows but is not a willing participant. We have agreed not to tell our two children 22 & 19. I used to have time where I knew I could spend all day, now my son is back home and has a job where he can pop in at any time. I have had a couple of close calls. I enjoy the look and feeling of women's clothing and dressing is completely relaxing to me. A huge stress reliever.

Also in the back of my mind is dressing really all there is. I do not really think that I am a woman trapped in a man's body. I enjoy being a man and also presenting as a woman. I have thought about what it would be like to live as a woman 24/7 and the desire is not that strong. What I have read here and other places is that most that pursue transition feel they have been really female from a very young age. I just truly like the clothing and makeup

Marie-Elise
01-28-2011, 08:40 AM
I think maybe you need to understand what it is you want. I'm not getting the feeling you want to transition or dress as a woman full time. Maybe I'm wrong.

However, I understand how an urge so powerful can also be psychologically painful. I experience it myself. Unfortunately, it is out of our control to change other people's views in the immediate future.

Hang in there. Maybe you can get a weekend getaway once every quarter with your wife? Maybe you can dress the whole long weekend? Life can be tough; enjoy the moments when you can dress freely.

BTW, I agree with WandaRae above. I just like to dress as a woman. I don't believe I am a woman in a man's body. I don't need to do it every day or all day. I am curious about going out but only mildly so.

Mary Morgan
01-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Wanda, To me dressing is not a stress reliever, not dressing is a stress creator. I think it is time for you to be free at least in your own home. Time to talk to your wife and find your solution.

deebra
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
The heading was "Why Do You Dress", so hears my answer. I enjoy it, it feels so right, it satisfied a need I have to be as female as I can get. I love the curvy, pretty, sexy look of a woman. Their soft, colorful, sexy/skimpy cut clothes are a turnon, they feel so good on and wearing them. When I pass an attractive woman in the mall I often think, we're wearing the same thing. Just wish I could pass and when in public go 100% female. Wouldn't it be really cool to be able to pass 100%, so you could be two people, what ever the mood and gender you wanted for that day. If cosmetic surgery would allow me to do this, I would be knocking on the Doc's door.

StaceyJane
01-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Simple...because I want to be a woman....

Karren H
01-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Cherish the time you have left with your daughters because they soon will be gone from your life as you know it and you can't get that back... And don't force this on them because you screw your relationships with them is also forever! Personally I dress because I'm driven to but my priorities are and always will be family first....

Toronto Kristen
01-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I suppose that my response is part of my response in the "How many of you honestly feel like "women trapped in mens' bodies?" thread. However, I find myself agreeing with deebra's comments, especially "Wouldn't it be really cool to be able to pass 100%, so you could be two people, what ever the mood and gender you wanted for that day."

Kali
01-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Because it is part of who I am.

Cynthia Anne
01-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I dress because I feel like I am a female, I feel that I have a birth defect, which is I was born with the wrong plumbing! Sad but true birth defects happen everyday. Don't screw your life up the way I did mine! You already know weather your kids can except you in fem ect! Mine could not!

Pythos
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Beacause for the most part the clothing marketed toward only women for some reason is nicer, more fun to wear, sexier, in ways more comfortable, and of a wider selection than what is marketed toward men.

I love the shine and fit of my disco pant. I love how my legs look like they are covered in black metal. I like how my legs look protruding out a short fitted skirt. I love the feeling of walking in heels. When my hair is long I like how it feels as it slightly bounces as I walk, or flows behind as I move.

Long skirts are just so nice to wear.

In short...I like the clothes. In addition I like how makeup gives more expression to my bland features.

Sarah Doepner
01-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Why do I dress in women's clothing? I don't know. Really, I don't know. I do know that I enjoy it, even if I'm half-baked. There is something that resonates positively with me when I wear these clothes and behave this way. It no longer just feels good, it feels right, and as Karren says, I'm driven to it and I add that I've never seen the driver. So long as I can keep it in perspective and not damage the other parts of my life that are important, I will celebrate this. If I have to put it on hold because of family issues, I guess I'll get grumpy and put it on hold. I'll do that because I'm not in this world just for me. There are others who need my participation for their lives to work, and that feels good and right as well.

ClaireT
01-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Why do I dress? Because I feel so much more at ease with myself when I do. To put it simply, it feels right. Let's not be too simple about it though, unless you can pass easily (and I don't) you then have society's expectations and prejudices to deal with because you look like a tranny rather than a woman. Still, the weight of the negatives must be less significant than the positives because I still feel the need to dress.

erica12b
01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
I feel the need to. I can not explain it, I fear the fallout if found out, I have soul searched long and hard, I do not want to be a women, I can not stop, sorry I have no answers here

Tina B.
01-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I dress me cause I must. As others have said, I'm driven to it, I don't why, I don't know, why me? I've done it all my life, and I don't like what not dressing does to me. I have no plans for ever coming out to anyone other than my wife, I tried, and found I don't like going out in public. But I also have no plans to ever stop cross dressing.
Tina B.

diannecourtney
01-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Why do I dress? I love the girlie feeling on my body. Yesterday I received a new knit dress from Chadwicks. After 3 or 4 size trials this one is perfect/ Like the model in the catalog, I am fully dressed with boots and all. It is so exciting as the rest of life is.

carhill2mn
01-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Why do I dress? There are many "reasons". I like women's clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, etc. I enjoy putting on my makeup, selecting what I am going to wear. I like how the clothes look and feel. I prefer the womanly image that I see in the mirror to my male image. I like the way that I feel and how I am treated when I am presenting as a woman.

I know that I could list other reasons if I chose to.