PDA

View Full Version : making lemonade

shaunamac
01-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I have just broken up with my girlfriend of the last 2 years. Although it wasn't mentioned and the breakup was overtly over something else completely I think the deep down reason was my c/ding. When we first got together I told her about my hobby and at first she seemed to enjoy it as much as I did, I was of course delighted and she and Shauna spent many dates together. After about a year or so I got the sense that she wasn't so interested in Shauna any more so our dates became more
"conventional". I was not bringing it up front and centre though she knew I was still
enjoying it on our days apart, and also how much I valued her loving. Those days are gone now. My consolation is shaving my legs and chest again after a long, long time.
Painting my toes, enjoying some 15 denier hose and a layered black skirt!
Just by the by and I was looking at something different, I came across the following,
HE; "Joan, does my cross dressing mean the end of our marriage?"
SHE; "Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?, Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?"

Mary Morgan
01-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Don't beat yourself up. Life is for the living and you should live it as you wish. You will find someone when it is time. Be yourself, like yourself and you will be amazed at how much more attractive you are to everyone.

kimdl93
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Almost everyone experiences a break up. Don't worry about the underlying reasons or blame yourself. It just didn't work out. As Mary says, like and be yourself again. And be as open to the next opportunity as you were going into this one. Things have a way of working out.

I am curious though, why did you quit shaving and painting your toes if she was at least initially enjoying this part of you? Seems like you were limiting yourself needlessly.

Michelle 51
01-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Better now than down the road girl.You have to find happiness in who you are before you can be happy in a relationship.Its kinda sad that what was good turned around to being something that came between you both.