PDA

View Full Version : care

karenhunni
01-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi , i was just sat here thinking and a real irony occured to me . The thing about being ts and transitioning is that wahat stops us from doing so well a part of what doesis caring not to hurt our familys friends etc and in alot of cases we have to , to a certain exstent not care so much . here in lies the irony , being ts makes us more inclined to be caring empathetic and concernd for others more like a gg and less like a male so it makes for an awkward situation . Sorry for my rambling , i hope someone out there kind of understands what im trying to get at .

Stephanie Anne
01-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Funny you should bring this up. The rare times I am outwardly treated with a hostile demeanor has been from those female assigned at birth who feel I am a traitor for daring assume that I belong to what they were born with.

I would counter that the perception of being ridiculed or harmed with no means to counter is one of the largest obstacles to overcome in transition. To go from an externally safe yet internally tormented life to the opposite is extremely difficult. Having to give up control is what is most challenging to me.

Until such time as we have rules protecting us from harm and harassment, being trans will be unnecessarily difficult.

gretchen2
01-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Giving up control is very difficult, but it must be done.

Traci Elizabeth
01-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I think what you are saying is that as we transition we become more caring, loving, compassionate, and gentle not wanting to deliberately hurt others especially family. But by our transition in and of itself, there is a high likelihood that we will in fact hurt the ones we love.

Unfortunately, that is often the case. You have to choose to either not upset the family's applecart by staying male or transition and risk losing some or all of your loved ones.

I think for most transsexuals there really isn't a choice in the matter as transitioning is something we have to do regardless of the cost. So yes, I understand where you are coming from.

Laura_Stephens
01-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Karen, I understand what you are saying and you raise a good point.