PDA

View Full Version : Did he say - what i just thought he said !?

Stephanie Miller
01-29-2011, 10:20 PM
I had to go to the mall today to pick up a long sleeved blue shirt, since the one I have is faded real bad. - Wait a minute… I just said “HAD to go to the mall”. Isn’t it funny how we HAVE to go to the mall when it’s for guy stuff, but it’s I GET to go to the mall today” when it’s for girls stuff :GD: ? But I digress, sorry. Yes I had to go to the mall today - and while walking to the cashier I slowed at the shoe isle to see what was new. Mind you I didn’t stop, merely slowed to look so it wasn’t obvious that I was looking at womens shoes. But as I came to the end of the isle there happened to be what I thought were two ladies picking out shoes. (Backs were turned to me). As I got closer I realized one was a CD. Now I have read what others say about not talking etc., and I can understand where they are coming from. In this case I didn’t directly talk to “him” but I did comment to the GG about the shoes she was holding. All I said was “ those are real cute, and I like the color.” She looked up and said “they are cute, but I really don’t prefer this style since they tend to slide and hurt my feet. “ Not one to let an fun opportunity slide by I said “ Oh tell me about it.” Then I started to walk away while saying kind of over the shoulder “ But I’ve found those non-slip sole pads by Dr. Scholes help tremendously when I wear anything with 3” or higher heel. You should try them”. And I kept walking. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall to hear what followed between them. :eek:

But now I bring this up because I was thinking on the way out… We CD’s have talked a lot on this board about how we CD's are to handle another CD we notice in public. But we really haven’t heard from the GG’s or the S.O.’s of, on how they (the GG’s) handle engagement to a CD in public? I mean, it’s nothing for a GG to comment or strike up a conversation with other GG’s so it’s not like your really bringing it to the attention of the CD that they don’t pass is it? Do you avoid the contact knowing they are probably nervous as all get out, or casually strike up a conversation because you know it will make their day. Heck, some have perceived that if a GG talks to you in public it they passed and are accepted into the GG club. So it’s a good thing for a GG to do it, isn’t it?

Lexi X
01-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Thats a great story. I would have loved to be there to see it play out.

Stephanie Miller
01-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Because I said it, yes it was probably funny. But I still wonder if a GG would have walked up to these two and had the same interaction - or would she have shied away just because one was a CD?

Kaz
01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
This is very interesting Stephanie, we should await GG responses?

I think your encounter was brilliant! And too your handling the situation! For me I am quite comfortable shopping in women's "areas" as a
guy.. I very occasionally get a look or too, but just smile and it goes away. Mostly, it is accepted (UK North)...

Carla4Guage
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Since you had made the comment, you should have found something to try on and sat down next to the other girl. I'm willing to bet she would have broken the silence. Who knows you might have found a "shopping mate".
Hugs,
C