PDA

View Full Version : 10 years of discovery

t-girlxsophie
01-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Apologies in advance for this rather self indulgent post,hope its in the right place but today is my 45th Birthday (does that make me mature:thumbsdn:)and it is also coming up to the very first time I ever went out in the big,bad world as Sophie,Crosslynx TV/TS Support group in Glasgow (sadly now defunct) I had split from my wife and was living in my new council flat.I must admit I went headlong right into the Lifestyle,and spent many ££££ on my quest for femininity.I went to the meeting and within a month had made new (girl)friends including my best friend Joanne,and began going out dressed and having so much fun,so many fabulous adventures

Five years later and the most amazing thing happened,that changed my life.a scenario that I never EVER thought would happen.I met my,now Wife online we talked together for months,I bared my soul to her regarding my dressing,my life really and to my delight she never ran,Today we have the most wonderful relationship,we are Soulmates,lovers and best friends (soppy stuff I know:))
if anyone had told me how my life would pan out,that first time I nervously entered the world as Sophie,I would have told them they were Nuts.

Think I better finish now,b4 my tears blow pc up (sentimental auld fool) I dont really know,if theres a point to this.maybe its just my way of saying to all the wonderful ppl on here,Live your life to the full with no regrets,its had bad moments too,but on the whole the last 10 years have been the most wonderful ride,whatever will the next 10 bring?

thanks you for reading,and thank you CD.com,am glad i found this Awsome site a year ago:)
:hugs:Sophie

Deanna B
01-30-2011, 01:38 AM
hi sophie . looks like you have a hell of a ride and came out smelling of roses and you have found a lovely SO' good luck and best wishes . love deanna :love::love:

erica12b
01-30-2011, 02:08 AM
living the dream , good for you, and keep living (for all of us that just turned 45 to) k

Tina B.
01-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Ain't life grand? Happy Birthday!
Tina B.

Raychel
01-30-2011, 11:58 AM
It is great Sophie that at 45 years you ahve come to be in such a happy place. I hope the next 45 are just as happy as the last 5 for you.

Debglam
01-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Happy Birthday!

BRANDYJ
01-30-2011, 12:30 PM
First...Happy Birthday! I am always happy to read things about how a man, especially a TG man finds and shares his/her life with a partner. Please don't apologize for it being soppy. I don't think we can read to much of how we feel about our loving mates. It's far better then reading how someone hides his clothes and keeps his fem life secret form his wife. I feel sorry for any CD that has to do that.

docrobbysherry
01-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your upbeat, heartfelt post, Sophie! What a HAPPY STORY!

I LOVE it when I hear that u youngsters r enjoying yourselves!

Cassandra Lynn
01-30-2011, 02:04 PM
You are sharing the happiness that is possible for us all if we stay patient and true to ourselves, so no Sophie, you are not being self indulgent.
I for one love hearing these stories, it gives me hope that i might meet a special lady someday.

Happy Birthday dear girl, and give the missus a big hug for all us single but hopeful sisters!
Cassie

Maria in heels
01-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! Sounds like you are in a great place..here's to another 100 years

Shelly Preston
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi Sophie

This does sound like a real Happy Birthday :D

I am so happy everything has worked out so well for you.

Its great when everything just seems to fit so well.

Hopefully Crosslynx will be back up and running again soon for the transgender community in Glasgow

t-girlxsophie
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you everyone for your nice comments,I appreciate how lucky I am each and every day.I so wish every one could find the same happiness.

:hugs:Sophie

Amanda22
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Sophie, that's not self-indulgent, that's worth celebrating and cheering for! Good for you! I welcome the positive posts on this forum since most are definitely not-so-good news. I understand your feelings. A year ago, I never imagined I'd be going out half the time dressed as a woman, and with full encouragement of my wonderful wife. Just yesterday, she suggested my eyebrows needing shaping and she proceeded to make them ultra-feminine and nicely narrow and arched! I can't believe my incredible life.

I notice in many of your posts that you acknowledge your good fortune, but I think you are responsible for much of that. You have remembered to be honest with your SO and show her your appreciation. That's a HUGE lesson for all of us!

S. Lisa Smith
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Happy Birthday and congradulations!