PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I find all of these new emotions kind of overwhelming.

Melissa Jill
01-30-2011, 05:44 PM
I used to be a proper mans man, I had pretty much walled off most of my emotions and felt very distanced from people, even those that were close to me.
Since my recent re-discovery of my CDing though, Ive been learning to let the feminine side out, and this involved re-learning to have these emotions.

Ive been so used to being seperated from my emotions for so long that sometimes I can get a bit...overwhelmed by them.
Just the other day at work, I was thinking about something and I almost started crying.
And when Im down Im very down, but when Im happy Im very happy.

Has anyone else gone through this?

Kaz
01-30-2011, 05:58 PM
The whole male thing is a game. It is designed to rule out emotion, doubt, sensitivity and more... we are who we are. There is no black and white. Real men can cry!!!

Melissa Jill
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Definetly, but I got too emotional about some hypothetical scenario that happened in my head. I could have made a right fool of myself if I had began to cry in public. Male or female, its still an inappropriate thing to do for something so trivial.

Kaz
01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Definetly, but I got too emotional about some hypothetical scenario that happened in my head. I could have made a right fool of myself if I had began to cry in public. Male or female, its still an inappropriate thing to do for something so trivial.

Sorry Melissa, but why is it inappropriate? Emotion is what it is...crying in public, what is wrong with that? A public desplay of emotion... yes or no?

Alberta_Pat
01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Not to discount your feelings.

Do be sure that you are not showing the early signs of depression.

My son has just come to realize that he has been depressed for a goodly number of years. He has just started taking drugs to deal with this, and today, I received a phone call from him.

He tells me that he is happier than he has been in years. It has been a difficult time to get him to understand that there is no shame in mental illness. Who knows, berhaps he will let his spfter side come through more often.

Kate Simmons
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Pretty much. It's really accepting yourself and all of your feelings as a person.Not everyone uses the same method but gender is really the least of it when all is said and done.:)

Michelle 51
01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I've always cried easy.One of my femme traits.

Cassandra Lynn
01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Always have been an emotional and sensitive person, after i fully accepted myself as TG and let it all out i do notice that i'm a little more emotional on some days.
Almost like the ebb and flow is different, and like said, my up's and down's are more pronounced. But what i would really like to figure out is if there is a cause for those days when i feel more prone to tearfulness, whether it be joy or sorrow.

Cassie

Karren H
01-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Not rreally.... I've been a heartless bitch all my life! Lol.

Lexi X
01-30-2011, 11:21 PM
My best friend went through this a couple years ago. He came out and told me he was gay and had been repressing it. I think he had trouble with self acceptance and with trying to live his life as who he is rather than what other people think he should be. He started seeing a therapist and after a few months felt much better. There's nothing wrong with seeking help. You need to find a way to be comfortable in your own body.

katrinakat
01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
I know EXACTLY what u mean!!!!!! I'm so obsessed with CDing-and jealous!! Jealous that I can't wear the cute outfits all the girls get to wear.
Not to mention the SHOEs, Jewelry, make-up, hair, nails.....shall i continue. Girls love being girls; me too!