PDA

View Full Version : One day at the nail salon

Cassandra Lynn
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Just wanted to share about a nice day at the salon and how you never know what you'll get with people. Since this post is more about acceptance than beauty i put it here, but do as you wish with it mods.

I was in drab, as i'm not yet going out enfemme.

This is a salon i've been going to for a few years now. After getting sat down in their nice massage chairs with my feet soaking, and the crowd thinning out, i was really relaxed.
I got a new tech that i had not seen before and she spoke really good english. (Vietnamese salon)

She had just removed the last of the X-mas red when an older gal came in and was getting situated next to me. I reached over to help steady her as she had set her cane down, and she said "thank you young man".
She smiled at me after getting settled in and said how nice to see men getting pedis. I was thinking to myself 'i wonder what her reaction will be to the Coral Pink color i had picked out'.
The 2 techs working on us and the 2 of us customers were all exchanging small talk when my tech started painting my toes.
The sweet ol' gal just grinned from ear to ear and said out loud "i just read in a women's magazine that Coral Pink is considered the top color of today". As my tech started putting my flowers on, my new friend was chattering on about how pretty and delicate.

Talk about a nice warm and fuzzy feeling! I thanked her for the chat wished her a nice day and shuffled over to the drying area.

There was another woman with her back to me, and after i settled in across from her
she said she wished she could get her husband to come in for pedis and manis, but he was too macho for that. I offered that i didn't want to end up with toe nails like my dad, fungus ran amok and all dried up and cracked open.

She agreed and asked if i had a colored polish put on them too. She must have expected camouflage or blue with racing stripes cause when i slid my foot out and showed her, her eyes got big and she shook her head a little.
I said, "then again i'm not your typical man either" and gave her a smile, she then jerked her head back to the magazine she was reading. I thought 'oh well, ya win some and ya lose some' and went back to watching the tv.
I looked down after a couple of minutes and she was staring at me. She said, "you just seemed so manly acting to me, so i was surprised". I told her, "not to worry, you are half right".
Then she smiled at me and reached across and gave my forearm one of those pats that women do to each other.

By the time i got up and headed for the door with flip flops on, 3 young gals had got settled into the manicure stations and they all 3 took a long look at my feet as i walked by, i really wanted to scan their faces for a reaction but the very beautiful Mia (the owner) had started speaking to me so i turned to face her.

All in all not a bad day i must say, i got some wonderful acceptance from someone i didn't think i would, and i think i taught at least one lady that people like us are not what they may want to believe.

Cassie

Michelle.M
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh, wow, I just LOVE that color! I'm gonna run out and get some tomorrow!

donnatracey
01-31-2011, 04:47 AM
Very pretty indeed! Aren't pedis so relaxing....even in drab?

robyn1114
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
I do love a good pedi, that looks gorgeous

Jamie001
01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I absolutely love going to the nail salon because there are no expectations for any macho false image. All that I need to do is to be a girl and that comes really easy for me. I am a feminine guy that has a fem hairstyle, carries a purse, and always wears women's shoes so that is my typical appearance in the nail salon. I have had very nice conversations with a lot of women in the nail salon. When the women in the salon see that I have ten fire engine red or hot pink toenails, they know that I am playing for the Girl's Team and that I am not a typical male. I have had conversations with women from 8 to 80 years old and they are all very complimentary of my pretty feminine pedicures. We usually compare pedicures, nail designs, and just sit and talk while our nails are drying at the nail drying station. I have really had some wonderful conversation at the nail drying station and love sitting there to dry my nails. These conversations are very relaxing and overall the nail salon is a wonderful experience. When it is time to leave I carefully slip-on a cute pair of women's thong sandals being extremely careful not to mess-up my toenail polish and walk proudly out of the salon feeling very relaxed and feminine.

AKAMichelle
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM
It is a lot of fun to get a pedicure. I personally love to do it while dressed the most.

jennifer easton
02-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I also love your color and the flowers are cute, may have to have some with my next pedi xoxoxoxo Jennifer