PDA

View Full Version : Didn't happen...work sucks sometimes

Jessica86
01-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Got home last night, and my wife got called in early, ruining our "night" we had planned. Then, after that, I got called in after being home for only one hour!! WTF? So, after putting in a sixteen hour shift, I am home for tonight. I am exhausted. Flat out. So, amongst the new events happening in the past few days, time has been an enemy. My job let me know that tomorrow probably won't be any better, and this weekend is gonna be horrible. Weather is going to suck, and I work outside. Wow. So, might as well enjoy today while I got it. Thanks to all who have helped with my issues. I am a new member, and many stepped in to treat me like I've been here ten years. Thanks, and I look forward to posting more...but for now, sleep is callin my name.

Deanna B
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
hi . when life sucks it sucks big time :brolleyes: . i had to work this weekend :sad: love deanna::love:

vivian fair
01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I wish I could work but due to events from the past I'm stuck once more in my home, little to do,afraid to move less I fall. So be thankful for the ability to be out and about as it will soon be be better for you. vivian fair

Eryn
01-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Just think of what all those overtime $$$ will buy... :)

t-girlxsophie
01-31-2011, 11:43 PM
That pesky work,i work nights and its rough when I have to get into drab and make my way to work,but of course gotta remember those girlie things don't buy themselves:heehee:
Glad your enjoying being here Jessica

:hugs:Sophie

Bethany_Anne_Fae
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I feel your pain. Also in texas and the coming storm has me working all week, thru the superbowl and beyond on double shifts. So dressin up is out for awhile. The good side is that I will have a good paycheck for new wigs n stuff ;)

*hugs*
Zara

sara1985
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
I feel your pain. I also work outside and when the weather gets bad, that's when we get called in . To boot it's been bitter cold here. We barely got into the 20's with no relief in sight. My relief is coming home and becoming Sara and leaving everything else behind.

AnnaCalliope
02-01-2011, 12:20 AM
I had a job like that once, managing a national call center out of New Jersey. We had projects calling from 8am to midnight, seven days a week. As one of only 3 full time shift managers, I used to put 14-16 hour shifts at least 5-6 days a week. One particularly important project came under my supervision and ended up working 44 consecutive days. The pay was awesome, but I quit when my boss wouldn't let me sign up on the company health plan. I'd been requesting so for several months prior to my departure, especially since the inordinate amount of stress was causing a number of health problems. In the end, he failed to deliver and I decided my remaining sanity wasn't worth $16 an hour. In hindsight, I probably could have afforded health insurance on my own.

Bah, no point dwelling on the past...