PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Comment about Significant Other Tolerance Limits

StarrOfDelite
01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Was at a party the other night in drab, and got into a general discussion about relationships. One of the participants in the conversation, a 50ish divorced woman commented that she had read a study which indicated that 78% of married men would be willing to forgive their wife for having a relationship with another woman, whereas about 98% of married women would not forgive their husband for having a relationship with another man. I don't recall that she mentioned the forgiveness figures if the spouse had been involved in a heterosexual affair. I wish I knew those numbers, but cannot supply them. Maybe one of the other posters on the forum will know.

Given that most women unfairly think that crossdressers are ipso facto gay, I wonder what the answer would have been as to what percent of married women would not forgive their husbands for crossdressing? I have to think that it would be somewhere around the 98 percent mark.

kimdl93
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm a bit surprised by the percentages. To me the key word is "affair" in how women would respond to a man cheating with either sex.

The loss of trust from an affair is (in my personal experience) insurmountable. The reaction to same sex involvements before a marriage may be different. My wife was not at all put off by my early bi experiences, quite the contrary. Still, if I were to do the same thing after our marriage, I wouldn't expect the same response.

I'll wait for a survey to come out on acceptance of CDing.

Eryn
01-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Until the term "forgive" is defined the study cited is not terribly valuable. "Forgive" could be anything from "everything is back to the pre-affair status" all the way to "I'll tolerate his presence but never trust him out of my sight again."

SweetPea_GG
01-31-2011, 05:26 PM
It doesnt surprise me that the percentage for a wife/another woman affair was more accepted then the husband then the husband/another man affair.. I think its for the case that a lot of men have fantasy's of 2 women together and i cant speak for all women but most maybe dont really have fantasy's about men/men together.

JulieC
01-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I saw a news headline related to this, and maybe this person was referring to it...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20030042-10391704.html

I disagree with you Starr that 98% of women would not forgive their husbands of crossdressing. The various polls that have been run here have shown far greater acceptance than that.

toko
03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
My wife discovered that I was CDing and then decided to have an affair. It is a mess now of distrust and alot of hurt feeling all around.