PDA

View Full Version : Suzy’s magical moment

suzy1
02-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I told a story of an experience I had last year to a member and I thought I would tell you all as it was nice.
It was summer in the county of Hampshire and I was looking after my friend’s country estate while he was abroad. I had it to myself.
One evening just before sunset I looked outside and a hot air balloon was approaching but still a long way off.
So I had plenty of time to dress as the lady of the manor and sit out on the patio with a cocktail.
For some time it looked like the balloon would pass well to the south of me. But in the end I could see it was going to pass over at about 200 feet and a little away from me, but not that far.
So as it went by I waved to the people in the gondola and they waved back. I could see no binoculars which is probably a good thing!
So, from their position it must have looked like the gorgeous lady of the manor was waving up at them.
I got a real kick out of that, a magical moment.
I am looking after the estate again this year.

Life really is fun, SUZY

Gina X
02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Sounds good Suzy, will they be taking bookings for balloon flights this year ? !! LOL

Cynthia Anne
02-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Some girls have all the fun!

t-girlxsophie
02-02-2011, 07:30 PM
sounds like a great experience Suzy,to the manor born.bet you could get used to the high life

:hugs:Sophie

sissystephanie
02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
You really have a tough life, Suzy!! Wish I could spend time waving to people in a balloon while I was dressed enfemme! Maybe in my next life!!

Sara Jessica
02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
...I am looking after the estate again this year.

Party at Suzy's house!!! ;)

Ahnya
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
It must be wonderful to have a place like that all to yourself for a while!

docrobbysherry
02-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Totally cool, Suzy! Wish I could have been there!

I guess NOW u understand why I ALWAYS set my camera up about 100 yards away from Sherry before taking pics!!

erickka
02-03-2011, 06:29 AM
That scenario would have felt great to me too! A nice memorable experience to say the least.

tia61
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I saw the sun dress you plan to wear this year. You will have many admirers.

Tina B.
02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Suzy, you have told stories of the manor before, I just can't figure out why they don't charge you to look after the place, I know I would pay to spend the summer there!LOL....
Tina B.

suzy1
02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Suzy, you have told stories of the manor before, I just can't figure out why they don't charge you to look after the place, I know I would pay to spend the summer there!LOL....
Tina B.

There is just the one man living there. I clean for him and do odd jobs. But over the years we have become good friends. He is a millionaire but also a very nice man.
The good thing is, he actually employs me. So I get the run of the manor and earn a living at the same time! I am a lucky girl I know.