PDA

View Full Version : fun with sales lady

veronica
09-19-2005, 03:45 PM
well i've learned a great deal from my sisters (my family) just by reading and listening. i went into a local payless shoe store yesterday and bought a nice pair of brown pumps. i was in drab, and the only other customers were a group of teenage girls not too far from the register. when i went to pay the "older" sales lady smiled ande asked me in a very loud voice "will you be needing any pantyhose to go with your purchase today sir"?

taking your advice and not letting her shake me i replyed in an equally loud voice " no thanks , i went to victorias secret before stopping here ".

as i was walking out the door and passing the four young ladies, the clerk announced "those will look real cute on you"

i slightly turned and answered "well i certinly hope so"

so i went back this morning in hopes she would be ther (she was) she stammerd and asked "can i help you"? I simply said "yes, you were right yesterday, those pumps were cute on me" i bought a blue pair and left :love: :love: ;) :-

Vallari
09-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Good for you. Nothing wrong with letting others know your comfortable with yourself. I guess she knows now that not all of us will put up with that abuse.

Well done. :)

Emily Ann Brown
09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Having a wife and daughter in the retail industry, I would bet it is the standard pitch they have to memorize and use with every sale. The markup on accessories is 5 times more than on the main product, and stores insist on getting every multi item sale they can....some even keep track and award "bonuses" for the highest % in the district.

Emily Ann

Priscilla1018
09-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Excellant reply Veronica,you rock sis.

Trinity_cat
09-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Well done Veronica.

Now that's what I call confidence.

veronica
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
EMILY ANN ,

i'm sure you are quite correct that it is policy. i would also guess i heard her much louder than she accutally spoke. tried to keep it polite

PRISCILLA ,

they were mostly your words i've read over and over about not being ashamed or self concious

paulaN
09-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Great comeback, wish I could think that fast on my feet. or, ah, on my heels hee hee.

DeniseNY
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
You go, girl!

That's telling them. You're not on this earth to take their mess. And I just loved that quick thinking!

DonnaT
09-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Congratulations Veronica! Polite and unashamed.

Baby Girl
09-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Well done! Very,very happy for you.Way to show it doesn't bother you.

Love,
Baby Girl

Tiffy
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Way to go girl. Very cool. I hope to be able to do that someday. But it will not be with shoes as I wear a 14 EEE and finding something to fit is near impossible, even on line.

Kisses, April

Wendy me
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
pay less is a fun store way to go just go with it and have fun.........

Holly
09-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Great example of making lemonade out of lemons. Proud of you, girl! :Power:

Khriss
09-20-2005, 12:14 AM
-Yes Veronica !! - a quick ,witty, nonconfronting responce...You do yer sisters proud ! :thumbsup: :) xx"K"

RachelDenise
09-20-2005, 05:08 AM
Strong work Veronica!!!! Keep it up and keep shopping!

uknowhoo
09-20-2005, 07:11 AM
AT - A - G I R L !!

The pride and confidence we gain from being here really is an inspiration.

GypsyKaren
09-20-2005, 07:41 AM
I was buying pantyhose at Walgreens once and the girl asked if they were for me. I looked her straight in the eye and said yes. I'm not gonna let some minimum wage clerk bother me.

GypsyKaren

michellejean
09-20-2005, 08:05 AM
went in a store to get a blk.bra and panties and a garter belt and stockings sales lady said are you sure about your size .....i said honey with pads it will fit fine. oh ok she said and so we (she and i finshed my shopping)and i ask her out for coffee and she said ok.now we are friends.michellejean.(mrs.highheels) :thumbsup:

Emily Ann Brown
09-20-2005, 03:21 PM
It's been a long time since a salesperson has given me anything more than the SOP sales line, but at lunch I bought a floor length cocktail dress in sparkly mauve with spaghetti straps. When I laid it on the counter she held it up to herself before folding it and said "This is really your color" I just replied "Really? I thought green was" and laughed. She laughed too. When she handed me the bag she said " One look at this tonight and your wife will make it a night to remember." I just said "You may be right."

I've always thought laughter covers a multitude of poor remarks.

(And she was right....if my wife sees this it will be a night(mare) to remember alright!)

Emily Ann

Kimberly
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
You go, girl!!!

Stormgirl
09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I would've gotten her fired :D

yeah Im a jerk

Zenda
09-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Go Veronica!!!! All love

MistyCD
09-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Way to go girl. Very cool. I hope to be able to do that someday. But it will not be with shoes as I wear a 14 EEE and finding something to fit is near impossible, even on line.

Kisses, April

try the following site for large shoes

http://www.mayashoes.com/4_INCH_HEEL_PUMPS.html

hugs Misty

michellejean
09-21-2005, 11:25 AM
i went shopping for new highheels last night (like i need some more)can,t help it....was looking around for about 2 min.and a sales man came over and ask me if he could be of help (very nice) and nice looking. i was dressed in man mode (tight jeans and pullover shirt but i had on unsex flat shoes.) i told him my size and ask for the style and color and he was real nice and went and got them and even ask if i wanted to try them on..i said thank you but i know they will fit.and i paid him and as i was leaving(it was closeing time)he walked to open the door to let me out and told me he sure would like to have fit me in my shoes.i said you still can.and he did and we both had a good time and we will again.michellejean(mrs.highheels) :) :p :cool: