PDA

View Full Version : Talking With People

WillowWriter
02-03-2011, 12:45 AM
I was wondering, are there any places/people/groups where you just get to know different crossdressers. As of now, I just would really like to talk with another crossdresser. IM, text message, phone call, whatever, it'd really be nice. I could really use a person that has the same interests as me to talk with. My best friend isn't much into talking in any form, so, yeah. I was just wondering. Is there a rule about that on his forum? Does anyone here do that?

Persephone
02-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Hi Willow,

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but there are a number of crossdresser groups in Illinois and you might be able to find one where you feel comfortable. Tri-Ess, for example, seems to function as crossdresser's social club.

Here's a list of some of the groups in Illinois. [Click Here] (http://www.genderadvocates.org/links/illinois_tg.html).

Hugs,
Persephone.

sissystephanie
02-03-2011, 09:42 AM
If you want to IM me, I would be happy tyo talk to you. I am probably old enough to be either your father, or maybe your grandfather! But I am still a crossdresser, and a good listener as well as a good talker!!

Roberta Marie
02-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Willow,

You are in a tough place. Most of the support groups will have much older people, mostly 40+ years old. I'm sure that they would welcome you, but I'm not sure how much you would have in common with them, other than crossdressing. But you might still give them a try, and they might be able to point you in the direction of where more transgendered folks your age get together.

Are you a student in college or high school? Most schools and campuses have a GLBT organization where you might find that kindred spirit.

There may be other resources in your area. Google "GLBT" with the name of your city and state, and see if there is a GLBT support center or organization near you. If they can't help you, they might be able to point you in the right direction. Or, if they do not have a group for transgendered support, perhaps they can assist you in starting one within their organization. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. If you can't find what you need, perhaps you can create it.

Karren H
02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Over the years I've had a number of local tg friends and we chat through Face book and have lunch together and chat about different subjects... Its a long process to make friends whom you trust and who don't have ulterior motives!!

AnnaCalliope
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there should be a TG Youth section on this Forum, so you can always check there. Depending on how close you are to certain metro-areas, there's going to be a number of support groups available as well, sometimes directly targeting youth between 16 and 24. And while I'm here at very random times and almost 10 years your senior, I'd be happy to correspond with you, either by email or IM. Just send me a private message.

Personally, I knew everything was wrong at age 4. Started dressing at age 10, knew I should have been a girl by 15, was going out dressed to gay-friendly locations by 19, then out into the general public by 26. Now I'm 28, and I'm planning on starting gender therapy and hormones after I move to Portland. My goal is to have completed GRS by 34.

DonnaT
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Since not everyone reads this section of the forum, you might try posting in the Meeting Place (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-Meeting-Place).

Marissa
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
You can try the link below, just type city or zip and interests. But its mainly for those who want to get out and interact with others so I wasn't sure if you are at that stage or not. Something to think about if you decide in the future. Our local group in DFW area has some great get togethers, but technically not a support group..just a way to make friends and have good times. Still there are some support groups listed.

http://www.meetup.com/ (http://www.meetup.com/)

Good luck,

Marissa

kristinacd55
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Went to my first local Meetup support meeting last night and it was great! Just like Marissa said :)