PDA

View Full Version : What do U get out of underdressing, exactly?

docrobbysherry
02-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey! I tried it when I first began dressing about 14 years ago. :)

U know, tite undies and thongs under my pants. A thin girdle under my shirt. Maybe a sports bra? And, OF COURSE, pantyhose!:o

At first, yeah! I got a thrill from the FEEL of those under items! And, that no one knew what I was wearing! :devil:

But, after a few days of this, they ALL became uncomfortable, made me sweaty, and even caused PAIN!:doh: I LOOKED exactly the same in the mirror, but felt crappy by noon! I gave all that up and am happier for it!:thumbsup:
These days I dress completely, so it seems pointless to me now!:straightface:

I wonder, do some of U folks underdress every or several days a week? Why? What do u get out of it? Do u do it simply because U CAN'T dress fully, as you'd prefer?:brolleyes:

Cheryl T
02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I always wear panties. I gave up male underwear years ago and won't go back.
I don't wear a bra out unless I'm fully dressed, but I do wear pantyhose now and then. I just like how they feel.

Veronica 1
02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I underdress daily because that is now my normal dress. I have been doing it long enough that the last time that I put on male underwear I just felt creeped out. I love the feel of the pull of my garters, the silky feeling of my cami, the hug of my bra, the pressure on my chest from my small forms.

Cynthia Anne
02-03-2011, 11:40 PM
I under dress always, unless dressed fully! I to like the feel of my bra and panties are the only underwear that I own and nylons are the only socks I own! Besides you wont see me in public without earrings, lipstick on and my purse!

katesometimes
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I used to under dress a lot, stockings and panties. It felt good. Then my wife started buying me men's thong underwear. They fit so much better than a lot of the panties I was wearing and I pretty much wear them exclusively now. If I run behind on laundry, I will delve into my pantie collection. Come winter and the shorts get packed away I start shaving my legs again, then I get out the stockings and suspender belt. It's always amazing how nice that feels as I slide on my dockers for work....

linnea
02-03-2011, 11:51 PM
That's just how I dress now. I enjoy the fun of lacy panties or panties with colorful stripes; when I have to wear drab, I don't usually wear a bra, especially at work. But on cold Montana winter days, I wear camis and stockings. I have almost no male underwear anymore and I'll probably never buy any again.

Xenia
02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm with you on this one, Doc. I've personally just never gotten the appeal. Squeezing my junk into a container which was not designed to hold it......meh. Not for me.

I guess that makes me the weirdo around these parts. :)

lingerieLiz
02-04-2011, 12:11 AM
So, why the question? Is it that we feel that others should be as we are?

I like pretty lingerie so I wear a bra and panties most days. A lot of people know it and could care less. I also wear women’s tops, shoes. and pants or shorts most days. When I first started I wore dresses and wigs which I seldom do today. I like the look and feel of women’s clothes as much as I like women. I live in an area where dresses are seldom worn and don’t feel the need to wear them much anymore. When traveling I wear what most women wear, but don’t try to pass.

I've employed and known several women who didn't wear dresses or makeup. It was what they wanted to wear for various reasons. Some were more feminine than others. They ranged in gender/sexual orientation as much as we do.

Rhonda Jean
02-04-2011, 12:50 AM
I guess it's a way of being as feminine as I can be without anyone knowing it but me. I don't wear a bra to work very often anymore, but as far as panties go... I love that they're delicate, sometimes ornate, soft, and sexy. I love opening the drawer and seeing all these pretty, ultimately feminine things and knowing that they're mine. I like choosing them according to mood or whim. I like them because that's what girls wear. I enjoy the naughty sexiness of it all. I like knowing that I'm wearing the same underwear as any beautiful woman I see.

Loni
02-04-2011, 01:01 AM
no chafing.
undies are just that, and it is my choice to ware panties and not mens briefs or boxers.

Steph.TS
02-04-2011, 01:04 AM
I heaven't wore men's underwear for about 6 months, I love women's panties, and when I have alone time I enjoy wearing a bra too, I feel more feminine, and I personally find they panties to be quite comfortable. I love wearing shapewear makes me feel better about my butt, and I can double cross my legs! I'm disappointed I can't dress full time yet. but I'm glad I underdress.

AnnaCalliope
02-04-2011, 01:09 AM
I always wear bra and panties underneath my work clothes, because I'm female on the inside even though the outside doesn't yet match, and I need that connection or else I start to bug out.

On a side note, however, today I went to work fully dressed - girls flared bottom jeans, 2 inch block heel biker boots, padded hip/butt girdle, lightly padded bra, matching panties, and a tight pink t-shirt. Of course I wore a very baggy hooded sweatshirt over that, so you couldn't really see anything, and I've worn the jeans to work before without anyone noticing. Still, it brought me great peace of mind to be myself while at work.

Cindygirl65
02-04-2011, 01:10 AM
I can't wear women clothes on the job but wearing a bra, silk panties, and tights in the cold NY weather under my clothes helps me feel so feminine.

Eryn
02-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm with you on this one, Doc. I've personally just never gotten the appeal. Squeezing my junk into a container which was not designed to hold it......meh. Not for me.

That would depend upon what you buy. I've found some panties to be more supportive and softer on my privates than men's briefs. No going back for me.

dominique
02-04-2011, 03:35 AM
I don't normally underdress, but today is different. I'm going to meet my mum and decided to underdress when I meet her. Its only very rare occassion that I underdress and today's the day.

Angiemead12
02-04-2011, 03:39 AM
i don't underdress as well due to the warm weather here. i reserve that for when Im going out en femme.

Daintre
02-04-2011, 03:50 AM
I guess I under dress all the time. I am trying very hard to project my fem self. I know I will not do the SRS, but that doesn't mean I will accept the male self....I am a female, at least in mind if not body.

joan658
02-04-2011, 06:24 AM
I haven't worn mens underwear for over 10 years now - only panties. I also don't own any mens jeans or shorts. For the past year or so I've taken to always wearing a bra (with small breast forms) when I go out. In cooler weather I always wear thigh hi stockings or tights under my jeans. I've found a neutral shade of nail polish (not clear) that I wear constantly when I go out and a shade of lip gloss (again, not clear) that matches my lips that I wear in winter to keep my lips from getting chapped. What to I get out of it? I feel more natural dressed "en femme" and yes, its the best I can do when I'd much prefer to wear a dress or skirt when I got out. Its also a bit of a game I play ... to see how much I can get away with without anyone noticing.

KandisTX
02-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I have not worn men's underwear in over 20 years now. I wear panties and pantyhose on a daily basis. For me, it is a way to have that feminine feeling when I cannot be fully dressed up in all my women's clothing.

eluuzion
02-04-2011, 06:47 AM
:heehee::D:heehee:

That is a funny question for me, as I just addressed that issue tonight. I got a call from a client tonight that needed some information I collected for him tonight instead of tomorrow morning.

It was about 9pm and I was already back in my typical female clothes. For some reason I decided to just leave everything on, and just throw on some sweats and a coat over it. It was snowing and I was just doing a quick "drop off" and would not be going in anyplace.

I dropped off the information at his house and headed for home. Then I got this urge to just drive without covering up what I was wearing. So while I was cruising through the backside of a small airport (shortcut home), I began taking off my sweat pants & coat as I was driving...and varying my speed...and swerving around...:heehee:

It was kind of a rush to just be wearing my dress/hose...particularly at traffic lights although it was dark and I have tinted windows. It made a routine drive home pretty darn exciting, actually :)

A couple miles from home my overzealous curiosity kicked in as usual. I began considering trying out driving totally naked...:daydreaming: If I was not close to home, I probably would have done it.

So, I guess I learned something tonight about "underdressing", which is something I have not done very much of. I learned that people with my kind of curiosity have no business underdressing...it could lead to big trouble very quickly for people like me...:D
:love:

Laurie A
02-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Hey! I tried it when I first began dressing about 14 years ago. :)

U know, tite undies and thongs under my pants. A thin girdle under my shirt. Maybe a sports bra? And, OF COURSE, pantyhose!:o

At first, yeah! I got a thrill from the FEEL of those under items! And, that no one knew what I was wearing! :devil:

But, after a few days of this, they ALL became uncomfortable, made me sweaty, and even caused PAIN!:doh: I LOOKED exactly the same in the mirror, but felt crappy by noon! I gave all that up and am happier for it!:thumbsup:
These days I dress completely, so it seems pointless to me now!:straightface:

I wonder, do some of U folks underdress every or several days a week? Why? What do u get out of it? Do u do it simply because U CAN'T dress fully, as you'd prefer?:brolleyes:

For a lot of reasons I cannot dress fully in my workplace. Even at home I rarely do because I rarely have the time (or really I'm too lazy), and so the results are usually less than successful (to my standards).

So underdressing is my outlet, the sensations and the knowledge that I am the only one who knows are my main motivations. Also in the winter months it helps me stay warm. But, if the clothing caused me discomfort or pain I would definitely stop!!!

Jennifer_Ph
02-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Microtoning Action gently hugs legs, creating a vibrant, toned feeling.

Karren H
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Why do you have to get something out of it? Funny but I'm never uncomfortable so you must have been doing something really wrong? Lol.

Sara Jessica
02-04-2011, 09:30 AM
All my life, I'd underdress here and there but never with any regularity. Lately though, over the past year+, I have found myself doing it just about daily. Only pantyhose and/or panties, never see the point in risking detection by wearing a bra. Anyways, I have found that it gives me that little tiny extra bit of peace in my heart that helps me stave off my gender demons, a little reminder of my femininity that really does much to get me through the day.

And if I happen to be wearing pantyhose for the day, I usually find that I can't get out of them fast enough once the evening rolls around. Go figure.

I have been doing it long enough that the last time that I put on male underwear I just felt creeped out.

Ya know, I found this same thing out just a few weeks ago. Sigh. My slippery slide continues, much to the chagrin of my wife (who isn't a fan of my underdressing at all).

Cassandra Lynn
02-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I only don the tighty whities when necessary nowadays, like deer hunting with my dad & brother this past fall. Will be going back to work soon and it will be a case of mental tug-o-war trying to wear my men's underwear again.
I wear panties mostly for comfort and partly for the mental reinforcement.

Cassie

Rachel Morley
02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I like it because it makes me feel like I'm "being honest and true to myself" (if I can put it like that). I just really, really, don't like thinking of myself as 100% male. I feel have have a strong feminine presence within me and I want that, I like that, and I need to express that. Dressing 100% male is not something that makes me feel comfortable because it seems like I'm somehow "betraying" my inner true self. I'd like to dress fully more often but by under-dressing it gives me a little "femme hit" (if I can put it like that) and thus makes me feel closer to the person I'm supposed to be.

I always wear minimally a bra and panties (even at work) but depending on what time of year it is (it gets hot in the Sacramento valley) I sometimes add a camisole and panty hose too. Incidentally, this is the same reason I also wear fairly girly clothes on the outside too in my (girly) boy mode :)

Nikki A.
02-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Panties are just more comfortable to me as long as they fit and aren't too sexy cut. Panty hose and tights give me support and keep me warm without the bulk of long johns. Everything else that I do wear I wear because it just feels good.

NicoleScott
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I never underdressed. A few years ago, I bought a waist cincher for a little shaping. Turns out that I liked the way my back felt when I wore it. Now I wear one all the time under my male clothes. Beside making my back feel good, it slims a little. But I really don't consider it underdressing. Sort of like a guy who wears a kilt (made for men) or a guy who wears tights for warmth. Well, I went to the doctor wearing my waist cincher, and I wasn't expecting to remove my shirt, but the doc asked me to. I had to take off my cincher in front of him. I explained why I wore it, but I can't help thinking that he thought I was an underdressing crossdresser. Funny, because I am a cd, but that's not I wear a female garment under my male clothes. In the end, it doesn't matter.

ringedjohn
02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
I wear panties all the time other than when I have to go to the doctor. I wear a bra for at least 6 hours on most days. Panties are far more comfortable than male underwear - and I just like the feeling of a bra. I like being male, I do not want to be female. I just love womens underwear.

I do not want to dress completely - I only want to underdress. I would like to add stockings or pantihose but my wife would go into orbit or fire me into orbit.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
When I first acknowledged that I was a CD I used to underdress a couple of times. It was a way of self acceptance and doing something which had previously been "forbidden or illegal." As I've started to evolve more in the past several years I don't underdress. When in male mode it's 100% male mode. When in girl mode, it's 100% girl mode.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Disregard my post, I put it in the wrong thread. I just woke up and the screen is still blurly.:o

No, it turns out I did post in the correct thread. I'm going back to sleep.

docrobbysherry
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Why do you have to get something out of it? Funny but I'm never uncomfortable so you must have been doing something really wrong? Lol.

Since I PREFER my female clothing items to be tite and clingy, comfort is NOT something I normally want, or care about! And, as a closet denizen, I generally only dress for 2 to 5 hours at a time.:D

That would depend upon what you buy. I've found some panties to be more supportive and softer on my privates than men's briefs. No going back for me.

The problem with womens undies is the way they're CUT! I must wear them BACKWARDS so they will hold Tom and the Boys in! :brolleyes:
And, I PREFER silky, satiny ladies panties because of how those LOOK and FEEL! :)
But, after awhile, because those fabrics don't breathe, I start to feel sweaty and clammy down there!:sad:
Give me proper fitting, absorbent, breathable, cotton tidies for comfort EVERY TIME!:thumbsup:
However, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in them with I'm CDing! After all, they WON'T hold my tuck!:doh:

kimdl93
02-04-2011, 11:21 AM
For me, underdressing began the evolution from those childhish moments, sneaking into the bath to put on panties...it the first opportunity to cross the invisible boundary between male and female while out in the larger world. And it was fun. My first wife liked to gently tease me in public about what I was wearing underneath. And it did evolve, of course. What started with panties and panyhose expanded into cami's and bras, then crossing another boundary and openly wearing women's tops.

GingerLeigh
02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I guess it's a way of being as feminine as I can be without anyone knowing it but me. I don't wear a bra to work very often anymore, but as far as panties go... I love that they're delicate, sometimes ornate, soft, and sexy. I love opening the drawer and seeing all these pretty, ultimately feminine things and knowing that they're mine. I like choosing them according to mood or whim. I like them because that's what girls wear. I enjoy the naughty sexiness of it all. I like knowing that I'm wearing the same underwear as any beautiful woman I see.

Me too. Exactly the same way.

Stephanie47
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
If I'm going to underdress, the feel of pantyhose on my legs is the greatest feeling I could have. Of course, I wear the pantyhose over a pair of nylon panties which also feels great. I just have to remember to not drink too much fluid during the outing.

Traci
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Several years ago I switched to only wearing panties, no male underwear. I can always tell you what color and style they are and probably what store I bought them from... I just feel blended/connected when I merge the two worlds. I also wear women's jeans quite often...

Christie ann
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
What do I get out of under dressing? Just feeling pretty.

Pythos
02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Comfortable and sleek underwear :)

Melinda Lou
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I had an elaborate reply almost done, and lost it. But anyway, for me, it comes down to partly comfort, depending on what exactly I'm wearing, and partly that " I've got a naughty secret" factor, that goes back to childhood and to underdressing being the first opportunity to break the taboo and cross the gender line without anyone knowing. I remember that first time trying on my cousin's panties, and realizing that despite all the "boys don't do that" conditioning, the world didn't explode and I felt wonderful, and nobody else knew. There's also a little extra boost in confidence that comes from wearing something cute and feminine underneath, much as a female executive might get from wearing sexy lingerie to deliver an important presentation.

BillieJoEllen
02-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I can't really say I 'get' anything out of underdressing. Since I've felt female all my life I guess its just an expression of who I really am. No else knows I do this. It just feels natural to me.

Billie Jean
02-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I just came out of the bathroom here at work and found I still had on my white cotton low rise Fruit of the Looms. They are so much more comfy than the men's briefs I forgt to take them off when I got dressed for work. :oBillie Jean

Terricd48
02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I wear my panties all the time.It has been many years and
I luv the way they feel,also lots of great colors.Have so many its hard sometimes to choose which ones to wear.Can't remember the last time I wore " male" undies.I still do have a few pair but not sure why.I do wear a bra sometime but its usually during the cold months.Much easy to when your wearing bulky clothing.Also wear my thigh-hi's then ,they do keep your legs warm when its blowing snow and cold wind.

I do enjoy wearing mine.....can't take the gurl out of me.

Terri:battingeyelashes:

Tess
02-04-2011, 08:15 PM

My feelings exactly.

Kaz
02-04-2011, 08:18 PM
OK... I've tried various forms of underdressing over the years.. as I have got older... I am now in a routine... tights under trousers... (well in winter anyway)

Sometimes I will have fun and do suspenders or holdups, but I have a default.

Why? It is warm (I also shave my legs), and it feels great. After many years of doing this... it is so natural that I feel wrong if I don't wear them..

OK I'll expand on that... Sometime I like to wear socks and "pants" (UK)... this keeps me real in understanding how uncomfortable men's underwear actually is...

Carly D.
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
For me, wearing something like panties or pantyhose/tights and or a bra is like having the keys on me.. Like having the keys, or a passport or something in that odd realm of oddness.. Odd, ok, odd.. What would anyone else label it.. Maybe it's a way to remain attatched to my fem side while in public, a way to cross dress and feel like I'm pulling one over on everyone out there..

docrobbysherry
02-04-2011, 09:59 PM
And, Sherry HATES THOSE!:Angry3: I think I may be IN BIG TROUBLE!:brolleyes:

I wear my panties all the time.It has been many years and
I luv the way they feel,also lots of great colors.Have so many its hard sometimes to choose which ones to wear.Can't remember the last time I wore " male" undies.I still do have a few pair but not sure why.I do wear a bra sometime but its usually during the cold months.Much easy to when your wearing bulky clothing.Also wear my thigh-hi's then ,they do keep your legs warm when its blowing snow and cold wind.
Terri:battingeyelashes:

My gosh! Panties r a FETISH for a lot of u, aren't they?:eek:

JohnH
02-04-2011, 10:11 PM
I guess I'm an oddball in this crowd. I personally prefer my men's Hanes briefs to Hanes Her Way panties that my ex-wife left me that fit me. Also with the cold weather hear I wear undershirts under my dresses when they will not show.

I wear pantyhose only if I am wearing a formal knee-length dress - and then I wear men's briefs underneath since the pantyhose stays up better with the rougher textured briefs.

Johanna

kymmieLorain
02-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Well, it started as being sexual. But now it is just more comfortable. I have been underdressing 24/7/365 for years. Never go back to male underwear.

Kymmie

Ash Leland
02-05-2011, 05:39 AM
As you say, part of it is because I can't go fully dressed, but underdressing is just....I don't know, special. It's like the one thing I never have to compromise on! :D

SusanQ
02-05-2011, 05:58 AM
I do it for a few reasons. Panties and pantyhose just feel really good to me, and I like the support I get for my back from a brief panty girdle (the girdle feels good too, by the way). I also enjoy thinking about the fact that the women that I see, or I am talking with, are wearing the same kinds of undergarments I'm wearing under my male clothes...but they have no idea that I'm wearing what they are wearing.

2SpeedTranny
02-05-2011, 06:24 AM
I've read these threads for a while... and I honestly don't get "underdressing" as a concept.

Okay, I like cute panties. That's all I own any more. I don't attach any particular feelings to them; I simply hate tighty-whities and boxers; there aren't really other options. I don't think about what's under my jeans. I don't "feel feminine." It's just my underwear; it happens to come from a different source.

And I really don't get the pantyhose fetish. To me, they're a practical under layer in the winter; maintaining a comfortable temperature between about 10 and 50 degrees, working outside. I don't consider it crossdressing at all. They're horribly un-sexy, and completely inaccessible for anything related to sex. If I were to describe pantyhose in one word, it would be "functional." If I lived in a tropical clime, I wouldn't own any. (Stockings and garter belts are a different story tho... ;) )

Now then... date nights are a different matter. I try to wear nice lingerie under my dresses... all for my girlfriend's benefit, of course. ;)

Maria 60
02-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately besides a couple of hours a week to fully dress, underdressing is all i have. In the winter panties and pantyhose are part of my everyday clothing, love how i pantyhose rub against my pants, and just love knowing that i am wearing something fem.

Katie Louise
02-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Confidence. To know that I am at least partially dressed as myself

Briana90802
02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I've been wearing girls panties for a while now and I must say that it took me quite a while to find out which ones were more comfy and which were impractical. Prehaps the problem is that you haven't found the correct fitting for your body. I find that men's underwear to rather uncomfy because I have a small waist which causes them to ride high. So girls undies work great for me unless they have a center seam down the crotch or are not wide enough. So go find out which ones work for you. I have so many panties that I can't wear and yet love to look at and can't toss out. Ahhhh what to do with them????

Charise52
02-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Camis and panties simply feel good... I wear jeans and tops and shorts and tops as well... yet there is nothing to match the feel of camis and panties... my GG friends hate their bras... I have bras, and wear them from time to time... yet nothing matches camis and panties...

tommi
02-05-2011, 09:48 AM

I couldn't say it any better other than I just like too

bostonbecky
02-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Since I'm in college and can barely ever get the time to dress fully I love underdressing... I guess its the fact that I can achieve my femme feeling and still look masculine to everyone else in public... plus who the heck doesn't like wearing a cute pair of panties?! Right now I'm sitting on a train wearing boy sweatpants and shirt with a pair of purple Victorias secret hiphuggers with hearts all over... couldnt be more content!

Barbara Dugan
02-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I never under dress and my regular underwear is from conservative to skimpy male bikini briefs...on my personal experience underdressing is somehow mental torture is like being forced to hide my female identity while presenting as a male but once again only on my own personal perspective.

Jennifer Soames
02-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I guess I just love the thought of knowing my pink fem panties with pretty bows are a tenth of an inch from the girl next to me on the subway. I would love it if she only knew.

britney
02-07-2011, 12:18 AM
for me it is all about that little secret. You know, but no one else knows. Wearing a cute thong gives me the outlet to be dressed, without being dressed.

DebsUK
02-07-2011, 03:27 AM
It's not practical for me most of the time because I go to the gym most days on the way home from work. I never did it much in the past anyway, though I have just got some rather nice knickers from M&S for that purpose. I have enjoyed the feeling of tights under my trousers rarely, but most of the time it's not really doing anything for me and I don't see the point