PDA

View Full Version : She who hesitates, doesn't buy

Nancie64
02-04-2011, 12:03 AM
After leaving my SO off at the airport for her flight to the Southwest, and looking at a 2.5 hour drive home, I decided that a stop at DSW shoes might make the trip a little more relaxing. Not very busy so I had time to look around. Dressed in my guy clothes I strolled through the heels and back to clearance racks where I notice this pair of over the knee black boots, and in my fem size. I should have just grapped them and bought them but I hesitated and didn't buy them. Now 10 hours later, I could kick myself. Have to go back next Wenesday and pick her up and have planned to dress for the occasion. I think I may stop back at DSW to make a purchase and will see if any of the clerks pay any attention. Am excited already and have a :daydreaming:week to wait.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Shhhh don't call it hesitation I prefer an important decision that requires full concentration and then after all that I find I can't decide to buy only to find out IT IS ON SALE a year later :((

DonnaT
02-04-2011, 06:52 AM
I hesitated like that once. Went back and the shoes were gone, and never restocked.

Teri Ray
02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I say if you like thiese boots you should go and get them. Sales assistants dont care what you buy. If they ask if they are for you just smile and say "well you never know" Enjoy!!!

Annie D
02-04-2011, 08:35 AM
You should have purchased them! Think of them sitting in the seat beside you during your ride home and the thoughts of all the outfits you could wear with your new boots. I hope that they are there when you return. DSW and Payless sales associates have seen us before; they are two of the retailers who carry women's shoes in larger sizes and many of us girls shop there quite often. My bet is that one of us went to the same store, saw the shoes and is wearing them as we type. Good luck, I hope you find the boots you like.

Tina B.
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I've lived in a small town now for about 10 years, and the wife and I have both learned, if you see it buy it, it may not be there in an hour when you decide you just have to have it.
Tina B.

Cynthia Anne
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
If I liked them well enough I would buy them, but I would try them on before I paid for them! Nothing worse than having to return an item that doesn't fit!

Shannen
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
I hope you find something else just as nice if the boots are gone! DSW clearance racks always have such a variety!

I've never had problems shopping for shoes regardless of which way I'm dressed. I will say that being enfemme allows me to be more comfortable while trying on styles... not having to worry about anyone seeing that "guy" trying on heels!

The last pair I bought while drab, the checkout SA asked me "Are you sure these are your size?" She had a devilish grin on her face and I just responed, "They sure are!"

t-girlxsophie
02-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Nothing worse than missing out on something you really want,s the the only thing that comes close is
seeing Something you just adore and have to buy,but its in every size but the one you need

If you want it,to quote the S.A.S. motto "Who Dares Wins"

:hugs:Sophie

Karren H
02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
There are always going to be more shoes out there and more sales..

Traci
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I've learned two things shopping for my girl things. If its on sale and you "think" you want it, buy it. You can always return it. I would speculate I've returned 20% of what I have bought on the Kohl's discount racks. The second item that I learned (had to get over) is that NOBODY cares what you buy. You don't need excuses...as long as you can pay for it they are happy.

BillieJoEllen
02-04-2011, 01:15 PM
About fifteen years ago I saw a skirt suit that I wanted to buy. It was on sale but still a bit pricey for me. It was in a Tall Girl's Shoppe about fifty miles from where I live. It was in my very hard to find size and exquisitely tailored. I really desired to buy that dress but reluctantly didn't because of my financial situation.
Two weeks passed and I decided to drive back down to the store and buy it. Lo and behold! The store had gone out of business!. That happened to me with a catalog item I wanted to buy also. Let the opportunity slip right through my pretty manicured fingers!