PDA

View Full Version : Your milestones on the journey

Emily Ann Brown
02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
There was the Valentine's Day she asked me to shave off my 34 year old moustache, as her gift! No, she still had no clue.

Then the day she left. No more only being myself on a business trip, or when she was away.

All BIG milestones for sure!

But.....in late November 2009 I decided to do away with the wig, and grown my own. I was a hippie in college. Long hair was no stranger, but not since 1973. Now Em is always out..just in disguise as a man.

The picture was taking that November weekend day. By August 2010 the wig was retired. HAPPY DAYS!!!

Em

AnnaCalliope
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
That's awesome. I love it when another sister decides to ignore the societal norm of guys must have short hair. I think its asinine that to be considered professional and clean-cut, long hair is out of the question. Its absurd. I've been growing mine out for 3 and a half years now, and I love it. I cut it all off once years ago for a job, but now there's no salary you could pay me to chop off my lovely locks again.

It does wonders for your feminine appearance as well, especially if you have it styled.

Karren H
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah Em.... but don't you miss the days when you used to hide your clothes in with your guns or hiding your heels under your desk from the IT cow???

JamieTG
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Thats wonderful Emily. I've tried letting my own hair grow out many times but its always the same result: the bald spot in back ruins the look and I cut it short again. I'm in the process of letting it grow again and maybe I can find a solution to fill in the bald spot.

Emily Ann Brown
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Jamie,

Can you believe I am 60 and have all my hair???

Em