PDA

View Full Version : Interesting day at my kids school

GingerLeigh
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
There was an event at our local school that the parents had to attend today. At the end of this event, there were pictures taken of the parent with their child (only one usually attended). There was a variety of costumes, male/female for the child to decide to make the parent wear. Time and again, the sons made their dads dress as a girl (grass skirt/coconut bra), and the daughters always went for the surfer for the dads. Not once did a daughter make their fathers go fem.

Interesting... who really doesn't want us to dress as women? The women! Even at an early age they want the men in their life to be strong and masculine etc... The boys either thought it was funny or just didn't care. (note some of the boys dressed enfemme too).

Ginger

kimdl93
02-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Aside from the usual grade school goofiness of boys, there's maybe a few latent desires expressing themselves. As for the girls, I don't know the grade level, but in those early years you've got that whole Disney princess thing going on.

JulieC
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't know. My daughters certainly have made it very clear on several occasions that they'd like to see me in a dress "Like Klinger!" (we have MASH on DVD). They even painted my nails once (with Mom's help but at their insistence).

Annie D
02-04-2011, 12:53 PM
In general, boys in elementary school are not very creative and tend to follow what the first boy did plus it is somewhat of a power trip for a young boy to make his father uncomfortable or to put him in a compromising position. Boys and girls learn from their parents and oftentimes do what is expected. Boys tend to be risk takers and girls tend to be more traditional. As we all mature/age gender roles and perceptions change. 10 year olds accept differences but do not as 13 year olds. Momma boys become Daddy clones; didn't we all?

kimdl93
02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't know. My daughters certainly have made it very clear on several occasions that they'd like to see me in a dress "Like Klinger!" (we have MASH on DVD). They even painted my nails once (with Mom's help but at their insistence).

You have good daughters!

seanmuscle
02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes girls really do not like feminine men. Boys make their dad CD because its like a joke and funny. But girls would feel its wrong for their dad to CD because they are attracted to strong masculine prince charming dad who will protect her.

Chickhe
02-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Could be the girls don't want to embarrass their dad while the guys jump at the chance to do it... or the girls think a dad who looks like a surfer is way more funny than looking like a woman...think about it... all parents are nerds and no dad was ever a cool surfer dude and the woman thing has been done...

KellyCD
02-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Yes girls really do not like feminine men. Boys make their dad CD because its like a joke and funny. But girls would feel its wrong for their dad to CD because they are attracted to strong masculine prince charming dad who will protect her.

Quoted for truth.

I also believe that thought pattern translates later in life as the majority of women's unwillingness to accept CD's.