PDA

View Full Version : Got my letter

renee k
02-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Today I received a copy of my referral letter to the endocrinologist my therapist recommended. During my visit to my therapist in January,we had discussed hormone therapy and when it should start in my transition time line. She felt hormonal intervention would bring some relief and help clarify my level of comfort with a more feminine physique. I agreed with her, and by the way I did tell her on my first visit that I had self medicated in the past but stopped due to concerns of medicating without doctor supervision. So now, I'm on the right track and have my first endo appointment next Tuesday. And finally addressing who I really am.

Renee

StaceyJane
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
That's great! I know this is real exciting for you.

Aprilrain
02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Congrats. Are you retiring?

gretchen2
02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
It's so good to be on the right path, I am happy for you.

renee k
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Congrats. Are you retiring? Soon, what you want my seat!! LOL!!

Renee

Katie Moore
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Oh Renee, I'm so happy for you. You are one CLASSY Lady.

renee k
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi All, just another update on my road to transition. I met with the endo doctor this morning. He was friendly and supportive. All the normal stuff with family medical histories, my medical history were discussed. We talked about where to start with HRT. How the treatment would be done. I walked out with two perscriptions. One for estradiol valerate and spironolatctone. I opted for estradiol injections, which will be done every two weeks. and spiro is pill form. Then it was off to the lab for some blood to be drawn, four vials worth. It was interesting to note that my presentation was female and all my paper work had my male identification. Which had the nurse at the lab a little confused. But it all worked out. Everyone that I came in contact with was polite and helpful. I go back to see the doctor in May. I'm happy that this is all progressing nicely. And on the right path to being me!

Renee

Nicki S
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Congrats on your new wonderful journey. It sounds like everything went quite well.

Sarah Ellis
02-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Excellent news. Hope all goes well.

ReneeT
02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
From one Renee to another, congratulations! You are on an incredible journey and i wish you all the best!

briannad
02-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Renee I am so happy to hear about this "most awesome and exciting news" from you. Hope all goes well, please keep me in the loop. Alyssa

gennee
02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Congratulations Renee!

Gennee

SherriePall
02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Renee -- Good for you. Hope all goes well on your journey and that you will enjoy your retirement (I have a feeling that you will).

StaceyJane
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm so happy for you!