PDA

View Full Version : can u help me

lisajd
02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
have'nt talked much here, but here i am. I'm in the const. trade, married with two kids out of the house doing fine. My wife knows i dress but does'nt really like it. been working out of town for awhile and when i came home she was happy but reserved. She says i should be an actor cause no one knows that i like to get girly. anyone else have any ideas on how to let her know that im not the onlyone.

BRANDYJ
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Glad you took the time to post. Welcome to a great site for you to learn by talking to those that have come before you when dealing with communication with a SO. The simple answer is to show her this site, invite her to join and make 10 posts and then join FAB. The section that is open ONLY to GG's that need to rant, ask questions of other GG wives and partners to us that crossdress.
The fact is in the numbers. You are far from alone in your need and or desire to crossdress. This one site has over 7,000 active members with a total membership of over 27,000. The number of men that are into crossdressing from all reports I've read, suggest that 5-10% of males have engaged in crossdressing on one level or another. We come from all walks of life from many blue collar workers to doctors, lawyers, scientists, police and politicians. I personally have met others that are in fact, in politics, legal, law enforcement and other professions and employment. Will her knowing that you are not alone help calm her and help her to accept you? I doubt it. What she does need to know is that you love her and appreciate her and do not want to hide any facet of your life from her including this. Be open, be honest and communicate as much as she is ready to do. Go slow and let her lead. It may take some time for her to accept you and your being a crossdresser, but if the love is there and most everything else in the marriage is good, she will come to trust you and perhaps accept that what you do is harmless.
Again, I welcome yo with your first post and wish you and your wife the very best.

lisajd
02-04-2011, 06:41 PM
thankyou brandy

renee k
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Lisa,

I totally agree with Brandy. Show her this site and have her join the FAB section. She'll have other women to talk candidly to and get her mind around crossdressing/transgenderisum.

Renee

DebsUK
02-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, what Brandy said. Also it might be nice for her to meet some other GGs in the same position in person (and some TGs to show her we're not actually weirdos) , so look for some local support groups. Saying that I nver saw many partners at TG groups when I've been to them, but it depends on the group I guess, but for you as well as her, see what's local :)

RADER
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Lisa:
I am a retired Carpenter, 40 years in the trades. My wife knew I liked to dress before
we where married. Because of the fact I look like Paul Bunion, I do not dress out of the house.
I do like to under-dress, like panties and fem jeans every day; And a bra on when I can hide
it under other clothing.
My wife knows I will never totally transform, and thats good, because I would not.
I like only girls, and she knows that. I totally love her, and do all I can to show my love
to and for her. Try to always treat her special.
Welcome to the forum, and what others said before me, try to show your wife this forum.
She will see we are a real nice bunch of people. Rader

Alice B
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I agree. Send her to this site and have her join.

docrobbysherry
02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I'd be a little careful, Lisa. Altho I'm 100% behind the girls advice RE this site, they/I don't know your SO!

If she's got a negative attitude about CDs, the posts on THIS SITE may alienate her even MORE!

herwannabe
02-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes Lisa follow Brandys post, and good luck with your SO

Michelle

Tanya C
02-05-2011, 04:21 AM
If she becomes involved with this site your wife will soon get the picture that you are definitely not alone. Furthermore, she will discover that we cders represent the full spectrum of humanity.
Your wife will begin to understand that the reason cding seems like such a rare practice is because many of us have typcally dressed in secret for fear of embarrassment. But that circumstance is slowly changing as more and more of us are getting out and we are becoming visible to the world. And she will also learn that many of us have spouses who accept and support us.

2SpeedTranny
02-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Why would your wife be worried about you being the only one, anyway? Aren't you the only man for her? Would she have married you if you were just like all the other guys? I know that sounds cheesy and romantic, but there's room to work with that angle. There are subtle ways to make her understand that you're the awesomest husband ever because you're a little odd, not in spite of it.

You're clearly not the only one. Just say so, and let Google prove it. :)

I agree. Send her to this site and have her join.

Maybe not the best idea. My girlfriend has gotten a little creeped out here. Not about me personally, but I doubt she'd go looking for another CD at this point.

joan658
02-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Go out and do a google search on crossdressing and/or gender identity and find scholarly articles for her to read. There are also many books - some even written by wives of cross dressers that could help your wife. That's what I did over 10 years ago for my wife. We also joined a Tri-ess chapter and went to monthly meetings which allowed me to "dress" and mingle with other CDs, but it also gave my wife an opportunity to talk with other wives/SOs and share feelings, etc. Good Luck!