PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and things

brassieres
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
So I have been bored and been flirting with bidding on stuff on Ebay. I have clicked a couple of things and have won Shaping Pantyhose, A Robe that may be too small. Panties and might be winning another robe soon.

I keep on this tug of war of wanting to crossdress and not wanting to. Also, no one really to share any of this with other than here. Too shy to meet other crossdressers in the area.

One of these days I would like to have a full makeover transformation. I will not do it in my home city though. Can anyone relate? Does anyone have any comments at all?

Lainie
02-04-2011, 06:34 PM
My advice is to maximize your enjoyment. Don't waste your time, money & effort on things that aren't very much fun. How is punching the buttons on Ebay different from playing slot machines? Better to go into a shop and try on the clothes so you know you are getting something that fits. Interact with the salesladies--they love giving advice on fit and on how to buy things that work together in ensembles.

Stephanie Miller
02-04-2011, 07:38 PM
More than likely every one of these ladies have started where you are. http://triessnewengland.org
Give them a call. You could be talking and visiting with real people that can relate instead of typing your sorrows to a machine.

sometimes_miss
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I have purchased a lot of things on ebay, most recently come cute heart coach keychains, and ruffled panties in xl sizes, simply because they're cheaper there than at the square dance shops online. Also, I've found the feedback system on vendors is extremely helpful, as I haven't been burned on ebay yet (one vendor never delivered, and paypal refunded my money). Not to mention, the variety of stuff there. Just watch the vendor's feedback profile and you should be fine. Enjoy your shopping. As far as a makeover, there are usually places in all the major cities, but you'll have to ask people in the particular area you are going to for references.

Cynthia Anne
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I would never waste my time nor money on e-bay. Shopping in person is so much more fun! Just today I needed a new shirt and was doing fine until I noticed VF had a bra sale! You guessed it I just had to have a new push up! And believe a MAKE OVER IS SOOOO nice!

gretchen2
02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Tri-ess has very strict guidelines, but it is a good place to start if you fall within those guidelines. If your gay forget about it, if your hetro and single forget about it, if your TS forget about it, if you are married or have a girlfriend your in. There website will explain all there rules. I am no fan of Tri-ess, but I do know that they have helped thousands of hetro CDs. So they do serve a good cause for some.

docrobbysherry
02-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Ebay? Yeah! For breast forms, corsets, etc. Stuff I KNOW will work and fit me!

Otherwise, save your hard earned $$$, Bra! Wander thru your local Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. Buy whatever suits u. Folks never give me a second look there. And, ALL I BUY r ladies things!

The stuff's so cheap, if I don't like it, I give it back to them!

brassieres
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks ladies, I've been fairly successful with clothes fitting me on Ebay.

Stephanie, thank you for the link! It looks helpful!

As far as going to the stores, I am still way too shy for that. My thinking is what will they think? etc.

KrystalA
02-05-2011, 06:10 AM
I've bought tons of femme clothing on ebay and never got burned on a deal. Make sure you know your measurement requirements, and read the item descriptions carefully. Have fun!

brassieres
02-05-2011, 02:04 PM
My pantyhose arrived today. They are tight tummy control with the rest sheer to toe. The sheer part is really comfortable while the shaper keeps me tuck.

linnea
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Ebay, no way! I want to shop for my girly things in person whenever possible. It's fun and the results are much better even if I'm alone as I do it. the sales people are seldom negative in any way. Enjoy it.