PDA

View Full Version : My only public outing (sort of) dressed

katesometimes
02-05-2011, 11:25 PM
I was reading some posts here and was reminded of something from way back in my past...about 25 years ago.

There was a bar in town that advertised "no cover charge if you wear a mini skirt." Well, I've always been somewhat of a radical, so I decided to wear a mini skirt and go to the bar. I would hardly describe this as dressing up, all I did was remove my pants and put on a denim mini from my dress up stash. Everything else I wore was definitely guy.

I expected to get some flack at the door, but to my surprise they let me in, saying that if I had the courage to wear it, I was in. It wasn't a particularly busy night but I had more ladies buy me drinks that night than I have before or since. Overall it was a great time. I had planned to do it again, but shortly after that the bar closed.

I wish I had a camera to get pictures. No camera phones back then...

Does this count as going out dressed? If so, I guess I have done it! If such things were still going on around here, I'd be tempted, but somehow I doubt that a 47 year old guy in a college bar would go over quite the same way. I'd probably chicken out anyways, since I'd be too scared I'd be seen by family or co-workers.

Just today I was thinking of asking my wife to go out with me dressed up the next time we are out of town. I don't think I've ever had the courage to do this before. You gals are inspiring me so much!

Cynthia Anne
02-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I for one will count it for dressing up! Back then it took a lot of nerve to do something like that! Good luck with the wife! It will be a fun thing to do if she agrees to it!

linda allen
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't think it really counts as "dressing up". Just like the few times I wore female clothes for halloween. I stuffed a bra and wore a dress, but didn't really try to pass as a female. No wig, no makeup, no hip or but padding, no women's shoes.

I might get the chance soon, though.

BillieJoEllen
02-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Maybe 35 years ago I went to a bar in another city with a few friends. They advertised the same thing 'If you're wearing a mini-skirt- no cover charge'. I believe more than half of the mini-skirt wearers were men. As I recall none of them were fully dressed. They were just wearing a skirt.

AnnaCalliope
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I think most consider the idea of going out "dressed" means fully appearing as female. Of course, that's just another gray area of perspective. Me personally, I outwardly crossdress almost everyday, wearing women's flared bottom or skinny jeans, tight t-shirts, 2 inch block heel biker boots. I've received very few negative comments, and when I let my hair down, get quite a few confused looks of "its a girl? a guy? in between?". You could say you are going out dressed with no intention of passing. Frankly, I just consider it having fun and being yourself.

All of us, crossdressers, transvestites, transsexuals, ladybois, sissies, transvestic fetishists, ********; we are all transgendered, except for those of us who aren't.