PDA

View Full Version : How long does chest and leg hair take to grow back?

Anon18
02-06-2011, 02:51 AM
I'd like to hear how long chest and leg hair take to grow back. I shaved a patch of one leg as an experiment about 5-6 weeks ago, and barely anything has grown back (only 2-3 hairs in about 2 square inches; I'm fairly hairy, though, so this isn't much), while my chest hair is growing at a much faster pace. What's your experience?

Cari
02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
You are lucky
I could wear shorts again in 5-6 weeks easy.

Jessica83
02-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Takes way much longer for me, about 8 weeks i'd guess

Eryn
02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd like to hear how long chest and leg hair take to grow back. I shaved a patch of one leg as an experiment about 5-6 weeks ago, and barely anything has grown back (only 2-3 hairs in about 2 square inches; I'm fairly hairy, though, so this isn't much), while my chest hair is growing at a much faster pace. What's your experience?

If you're only getting a few hairs after five weeks you're charmed. Enjoy it while you can.

As far as being able unable to wear shorts, etc. because of hair removal, that's a myth. The amount of hair varies widely from person to person. Few will notice your lack of hair. If anyone does and enquires, simply say "My [wife, girlfriend, etc.] likes it!"

Deanna B
02-06-2011, 04:25 AM
hi you are lucky . mine are back after shaving in days. love deanna

Cynthia Anne
02-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I shave mine at least once a week! If I don't they look so bad! I hate body hair!

msniki48
02-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Depending on where you shaved the patch....leg hair has a tendency to wear off in areas due to the rubbing on your pants...if you shave there..you will see very little results...eg. the back of calves tend to have less hair.

just my thoughts

hair does not take long to rear its ugly head....days and its at the itchy stage....it takes a while to get long enough not to bother you.

Annie D
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
It starts to grow back immediately, silly, it just takes awhile longer to reach its original length. It probably looks funny with just a patch of hair missing on your leg; why don't you go ahead and shave the entire leg, just watch out around the knees. When you finish the first leg you might as well shave the other leg as well. Use lots of moisturizer after shaving, you'll be delighted about the feeling and the look.

NicoleScott
02-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm sure there are different hair growth rates among us. You are comparing a patch of shaved skin against an adjacent non-shaved area. When I first shaved my legs, arms, and chest, I thought it would take months to grow back, and it probably did take that long to grow back to the same length as before shaving. But I found that in just a 2-3 weeks it had grown back enough that I didn't need to keep covered any more. I had hair back, and there was no comparing before and after. Also, I know guys with no leg hair (or very thin, short, and light-colored) and nobody makes comments about it. My fears about being discovered shaving my legs and arms were unfounded. Nobody noticed anything.

mywifeswoman
02-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I can shave, then it starts to reappear within hours to just a day or two. Id like to figure out how to hide, or have the "black or dark" ends where the hair is cut show. If I shave my chest, it will be smooth, but all the ends where the hair "was" still show on my chest and belly area.

TNRobin
02-06-2011, 03:05 PM
My entire upper body and face are going through laser treatments now. The legs will follow soon and unfortunately I have some gray on my face so that'll mean electrolysis.

But back to the OP. I still have to shave my legs and I really need to do so every 2-3 days at most. I get stubble at 2 days and by the 3rd it's starting to look and feel pretty bad. So you're lucky!

Loni
02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
the fuz is rearing it's ugly head with in hrs.

jennifer easton
02-06-2011, 03:46 PM
after shaving it off and wanting it to grow back, it takes weeks( so it seams) but if your like me and shave to keep it off it grows back over night!!! OOOH to be female and not have this grotesque brush pile!!

PretzelGirl
02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
The first time I shaved, I let it grow back so I could answer this question (for myself, I don't foresee the future). I was comfortable with it after about a month. Then I started epilating and now all bets are off.

Annie D
02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Although I don't want to admit it, I shave my legs every morning. I don't necessarily like the "have to" part of shaving my legs, it does give me a feminine feeling and outlook for the day. I know that I need to shave daily because I really can't stand the prickly feeling of my legs rubbing against one another when I go to bed at night. I don't know why it is but my wife's legs are still relatively smooth at night while mine are like the hairs growing out of my chin, totally unacceptable for a lady!

Barbara Dugan
02-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I have to shave daily to keep myself smooth....mine growth back within hours:doh:

JohnH
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
How shall I say it - I would be very tempted to tell someone who hassled me about my shaved legs to go to a very warm place! Fortunately no one has hassled me about that detail but my selection of denim skirts in place of shorts with otherwise drab outfits has generated a fair number of comments.

I shave my legs and chest about once or twice a week and my arms every two days.

Johanna

linnea
02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Of course, it starts growing back right away, but some areas, especially on the legs, are rubbed bare and other areas grow unevenly--it seems uneven because hair grows in cycles. If you want your hair back at the same length it grows to normally, you'll have about a 6-8 week wait. But if you're worried that someone will notice and get worked up over your not having hairy legs, there are all kinds of excuses and for that matter, hardly anyone notices or cares. Keep in mind that lots of men shave their body hair for athletics--swimming, wrestling, boxing, other sports--and aesthetics. it's no big deal.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Not long enough, 1 week and I freak

Sapphire
02-06-2011, 07:50 PM
We're all different - sometimes, believe it or not, it does not grow back or takes a very long time to do so.

eluuzion
02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I am not "hairy". No chest hair, no back hair and body hair (legs/arms) is "fine" and light. I have shaved my body for years now. I can feel slight "roughness" 24 hours after shaving my legs, so I shave daily (I like them smooth as a baby's butt, lol). I only have to shave my arms about once/week.

If you are wondering if it is possible to shave your legs, then regrow the hair quick enough such that your SO or others would not notice you did it...the answer is...no, it is not a realistic expectation.

Most scientific fanatics agree that hair growth rate is about .5" per month. Plus it will take awhile for the hair to be long enough to be "soft" and not "sticky". A woman will notice the difference in feel too, when your legs rub against hers.

Just apply the same process you experience with shaving your face and growing a beard to what will happen with shaving legs. That's close enough to figure what to expect...

:love:

Cassandra Lynn
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I think we are having different discussions here. I took the OP to be asking about full growth.
If the idea is to be smooth, which i assume is what we want and why we shave to begin with, then i can't imagine going longer than 2 days. Of course for the waxers and epilators they have to allow for some growth.
I've grown tired of the everyday routine, so i typically skip one or two days each week.

Cassie

Proteus
02-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Just a day and I feel the stubble. I have to shave at least every other day for it to be tolerable, but now I'm letting it grow out to see how long it takes to get back to "normal". That does actually take some time.

LoriFlores
02-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Mine used to grow back fairly quickly after shaving. Then I switched to an epilator which slowed up the dreaded return significantly. Finally, I've had a laser taken to the legs and the problem has been resolved permanently :)

Jamie001
02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
The best thing to do is to keep shaving it and never let that ugly leg hair grow back. Who wants to have ugly leg hair showing when you are wearing shorts? There is no reason to have leg hair. Body builders and other athletes shave their leg hair and other party of their bodies.

Chickhe
02-07-2011, 01:32 AM
I shortened mine to about 1/4 inch about a month ago and its still looking the same... good or bad depending how you look at it, but I guessing it grows slower in the winter.

MelissaLynnSilver
02-07-2011, 03:29 AM
lucky mine comes back in a week two weeks if im lucky

Anon18
02-07-2011, 06:21 AM
I realize from the responses that I wasn't very clear in asking my question. I understand that even a day later, there is stubble growth in most any area you shave, but I was really wondering how long it takes to get back to looking like the hair you originally had. For example, I recently shaved the top part of my chest, leaving the bottom part alone, just to go slowly with it as a tryout. I'm wondering how long it will take for the hair on the upper half to "match" what's on the lower half, i.e., to get back where it was. Same for legs, which might be different. While I have no SO at the moment (of course, one would notice!), I'm a little bit concerned about things like going to the Dr., and wearing shorts (I live in a warm climate). I also understand it's probably different from person to person, and for different areas on the body, but just wondering what people's experiences are.

By the way, the little patch I shaved on my leg, that's growing back very slowly, is a couple inches below the knee, on the inside (not the back), in an area of typical, although not the heaviest, hairiness. Funny that it's growing back so slowly and sparsely, while my chest hair grows back more as I would expect (a week later, it's perhaps a quarter the way back).

joan658
02-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I've been shaving my legs for over 10 years now and have to shave them every 3 days or so. My chest gets shaved every time I shave my face, ie, daily.

I just ordered a device from nono.com that is supposed to inhibit regrowth of hair after 6 weeks of use and is safe to use on the face too. I'll post my results here after I get it and let everyone know if it really works, or not.

Misty G
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
If it was left up to me there would not be any regrowth. I keep mine gone and wish it was gone for ever.

BillieJoEllen
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Remember- hair grows at a rate of about 1/2 inch a month. Nobody really cares about your leg hair but if you're normally hairy on the chest give it at least two months before appearing before anyone. I'm anticipating surgery on my knee and some abdominal surgery so I'm letting my hair grow again. Its a bummer because I like to be smooth.

Cassandra Lynn
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I realize that everyone comes to acceptance or a state of not being in fear of society at different rates, but Anon you have absolutely nothing to fear in just shaving off all the hair you want, if you have no SO to object, then just do what makes you happy.
Doctors, strangers on the street, nobody really cares, read around and you'll see how many of us have gone hairless for years and never get a comment about it.

Cassie

Joanne Curl
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
It takes about 6 to 8 weeks for my legs and chest to grow out fully. However I've been shaving evrything for the last 3 or 4 months and I find I have to shave about every 4 day for my legs to stay smooth and I shave my upper chest everyday or it gets too stubblely. I like it smooth.

Nick2Nikki
02-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Remember- hair grows at a rate of about 1/2 inch a month. Nobody really cares about your leg hair but if you're normally hairy on the chest give it at least two months before appearing before anyone. I'm anticipating surgery on my knee and some abdominal surgery so I'm letting my hair grow again. Its a bummer because I like to be smooth.

Why would you let the hair grow back? The surgeons are just going to shave it off anyways. :)

DAVIDA
02-08-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm sorry, but I have no idea how long it would take.
I have never let it grow back!:heehee:

I have just been through a lot of medical crap. I can tell you one thing......nobody cares if you are shaved or not.
If the area that will be operated on is smooth, then you will not have to be shaved by the nurses.
I just saw how much they charge for one of those razor heads. $39.00!:eek:

wearingtanpantyhose
02-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I used to have really hairy legs, but now they are nearly hairless even without shaving (though I have shaved them). Not sure what the deal is other than I wear hose a lot. What little hair I have is almost invisible even when wearing sheer pantyhose.

Jenny Wilson
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I epilate and feel stubble on my chest and thighs long before I have stubble on my lower legs. I haven't tried to grow my hair back out yet, but, for me at least, the hair on my calves grows much slower than elsewhere.

Jenny

Nataliebabe
02-08-2011, 01:16 PM
6-8 weeks for me to look like a hairy ape.

Billie Jean
02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I need to shave my legs now after about 3 weeks it is enough to look hairy. In my experience no one says anything bout them either way. Most never even give a second glance. I need to shave as I will be going out enfemme tommorow night. Billie Jean

sherri
02-10-2011, 08:37 AM
I can shave my legs ultra-close, smooth as a baby's butt, and 8 to 10 hours later feel stubble. Drives me nuts. So I guess mine grows fast, but it still takes a couple of months to reach original length -- although I'm just guessing, cuz since I shaved my legs the very first time, the longest I've gone w/o shaving is 3 or 4 weeks.