PDA

View Full Version : She Knows?

t-girlxsophie
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Have you ever been caught by suprise finding out someone knows of your dressing,only last night at a birthday party for a colleague a girl that works a different shift to mine (my shift all know) was dancing with me and out of the blue after we sat down she took off her heels and said did i want to wear them,I was initially shocked as I was sure she didnt know but of course theirs always a way she could have known.

I just laughed and said I wasnt sure they would fit me.of course not being a shrinking violet when one of my Nightshift GG Friends said that maybe my nails werent painted (they were lol) I took the bait and ten minutes later I sported a gorgeous pair of red velvet peeptoe heels:heehee: with matching painted nails lol.and we all had a good laugh,they werent on long,a step too far,dancing to bat out of hell,tipsy and wearing heels (well for me anyway lol)the girl was fine and we had a chat afterwards

So has it happened to anyone else where someone you thought didnt know,suprised you with a comment,and would you shy away from it or let it all out

Eryn
02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I doubt that there is a "dome of silence" built around your shift! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You're lucky to have such accepting friends!

dawnmarrie1961
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
People always have a habit of suprising the heck out of me. And often I, without meaning to, do something so profoundly stupid, that that I even suprise myself.
Case in point: When I interveiwed for my most recent job I dressed as a male, not an easy thing for someone like me to do. My thinking was that I really needed the work and I didn't want anything to keep me from landing the position.
I got the job.
The months passed. And thankfully so did I.
It was not by any means an easy task seperating myself like I had to every day. Frankly I don't know how people can do that. It's hard.
I kept feeling like I was lying to everybody, myself included.
Fortunately Halloween came around. Yeah that wonderful holiday that comes around but once a year to set us free!
Ok. I thought. This is it. Halloween is going to be the day to do it.
So I went to work on the Halloween nightshift dressed as "myself". No more "male" costume. I even went out and got my nails done just for the occassion.
I felt good and I looked good. I got the usual gawks and snickers, which I expected, from some of my male counterparts. Of course they thought this it just a "costume" for Halloween.
The "real" reactions didn't happen til I showed up for work the next day. Suddenly everybody began to realize exactly who I "really" am.
I have a hunch that even the management staff where caught a little off guard and was envolved in a quick job of catch up on company policy. In hindsight this was in no way fair of me. I should have given them the heads up on what I was going to do. I can only imagine the position I was putting them in.
In any event the damage was already done. I wasn't going backwards.
I explained to my co-workers that "I am still the same person." that they had worked with days before.
I got the usual questions throw at me to which I was more than happy to give honest answers.
At the end of the shift. (I should have seen this coming.)
The male-worker who had trained me for my position came up to me at the time clock. In front of all the other workers.
He pointed at my hand bag and said "So that's your PURSE?" To which I replied, "Yes. I put things in it."
"Are you a guy or a girl?" He seemed to shout out in anger.
"I'm a human being.", I said. "Nothing more. nothing less."
Suddenly every woman around me started shouting at the guy telling him to leave me alone. If looks could kill he would have been pushing up daisies.
He quickly apologized to me and moved on.
Yeah. I can say for a fact "Sometimes people suprise the heck out of me."