PDA

View Full Version : A nagging question.

annabellejorden
02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I have a question that I have had trouble getting answered.

What happens when you put an estrogen patch directly on your breasts?

I have been told several conflicting things, and was wondering if anyone here had the answer.

Thanks in advance.

gretchen2
02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I know that you are not suppose to but I do not know why. I think that the instructions even tell you not too.

Melody Moore
02-08-2011, 10:25 AM
What happens when you put an estrogen patch directly on your breasts?
If you think it will improve breast development then you might be disappointed because it does nothing more for your breasts as far as I am aware because if it was the case then all trans-women would be getting injectable hormones in those places as well. Dermatological Oestrogen patches pass the hormones through the skin which are picked up through blood vessels & circulated around the body to where they are needed by your endocrine system. So your body will decide where in needs hormones, not you. Trying to force hormones into places where oestrogen commonly goes & builds up could trigger cancer from what I understand. This is why natal females face a greater risk of cancer from being on HRT for menopause.

Stephanie Anne
02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
You get glue on your breasts and if you have tender breasts, you get a painful feeling when you remove the patch.

Why wold anyone do this?

Victoria Anne
02-08-2011, 10:43 AM
your physician should give you directions , you are under a doctors care , yes ? I was on patches for a time and they must be on the buttocks or abdomen alternating left butt then right butt then abdomen and finally left and that is the cycle

annabellejorden
02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
thanks for the info.

All my doc would say was dont.

I was wondering why.