PDA

View Full Version : Womens business networking lunch

amandamichelle
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi all
it is a long time since my last post when I started a part time job as a woman. I did this for sevral months without a problenm but then the restauarnt shut and I stopped going out so regularly. Over the last month or so I have started going out again to the stores shopping without any issues although my confidence needs to build again after such a long break. Anyway I registered for a womens network business lunch which is tomorrow the 9th and I am starting to have second thoughts about attending. I have been to a similar event before and managed to pass for 4 hours without a problem but taht was several years ago. I so want to go as I enjoyed the last time so much just talking and having lunch with a group of women. Chatting to the other women was such a buzz, but I worry that my confidence is low and question if I can still pass in such a situation. My voice is fine so much so that in general conversation on a phone the other person always assumes I am a woman and it is even more passable in a live situation. Help what should I do the clock is ticking. I have attache a link to my flickr photos

StaceyJane
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Amanda, welcome to the forum but you should read the rules first. I'm pretty sure this thread is going to get deleated.

It's the pictures in the flickr page you link to. there are in violation of the rules.

No bare breasts.

ReineD
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi AmandaMichelle,

I've edited the reference to going to the restrooms since talk of biological functions is discouraged here, and also the link to your pics, since some of them also violate our rules.

As StaceyJane suggests, do read the rules before you post. At any rate, this is a great forum to make friends and receive support and I welcome you.

amandamichelle
02-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Sorry inintentional breach of the rules i have added some acceptable images

StaceyJane
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
amanda, If you feel okay in going to the meeting then you should go.
One thing you should make it clear up front that you are a biological male. No body likes to be fooled.

5150 Girl
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I go to buisness meetings all the time en-fem. No big deal.

Cynthia Anne
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Get that confidence up! You will be fine!

amandamichelle
02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
All ready to go took some photos before setting off to help with my confidence

Gerrijerry
02-09-2011, 06:17 AM
enjoy the meeting. Have fun

Shelly Preston
02-09-2011, 06:22 AM
You look great I am sure you will fit in perfectly Amanda

Kate Simmons
02-09-2011, 06:26 AM
amanda, If you feel okay in going to the meeting then you should go.
One thing you should make it clear up front that you are a biological male. No body likes to be fooled.I have to agree with Stacey Jane Hon. One women does not like being fooled, let alone a group of them. A friend of mine from Canada does this very thing but they know who and what she is and accept her as such. Have fun in any case.:)

deebra
02-09-2011, 08:00 AM
You look great and passable, so GO, I disagree with Stacey and Denice about telling them you are biologically male. Are the bio-females going to announce they are genetic female, I think not so why should you. This will just call attention to yourself and put you on display as odd and a topic to gaulk at and gossip about (we all know women). In your mind you are female, just as they are, nobody is going to standup and show their genitals so you're just another woman in the room. I'm sure you will present and be more feminine than some gg's there. The ones that are smart and not-closed minded should feel flattered that you chose to be one of them.

Deborah_UK
02-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Like deebra I disagree with those who say tell in advance that you're biologically male. I'm a transwoman and I would never dream of telling anyone in advance that I'm TS, OK they might guess or suspect, but its none of their business. I am living life as the real me finally and attend many meetings, I'm accepted at those meetings for my knowledge and skills that I bring to them, not that once upon I time I was identified as male.

Persephone
02-10-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm on the side of Deebra and Deborah on this one. There is no need to run around telling everyone what? "Hey, I may look great, but I'm really a guy!" Really?

My personal policy is, you honestly ask me, I'll honestly tell you. Otherwise, unless we're planning on playing doctor, it is none of anyone's business.

Now, your pictures looked absolutely gorgeous! The necklace looked perfect on you too! So --- how did it go???

ladyinblack
02-10-2011, 04:37 AM
you look great girl and you sould have no problem passing

amandamichelle
02-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Well I took the plunge despite last minute nerves. The event was held in the executive suite of Manchester City Football club and as I pulled into the car park several other cars pulled alongside, all women obviously attending the same event, I pretended to be on the phone whilst deciding do I don't I. Deep breadth and swung my stocking clad hlegs out of the car smiled at seveal other women getting out of their cars and set off. We all kind of merged together and started to have a general chat, the sound of our collective heels was heavenly. As it is a football stadium ( Soccer to my US sisters ) their were lots of people about including lots of workmen who took a keen interest in a group of business women in high heels and skirts walking past them. ( more shortly )

amandamichelle
02-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi I'm back to continue the update. I must admit I was somewhat shocked and suprised by the advive to tell people which I completly disagree with but heh ho. Anyway back to yesterday, walking in with a 3 other women who showed no signs of reading me gave me an immediate boost entering the main area where the event was on was the next challenge to be suddenly confronted with over a hundred business women and registration. Standing in line to register with more women arriving behind me I was now committed to going ahead, I reached the desk gave my name and was given my name badge without a flicker from the girls on the desk and directed to go and join a table. I decided firstly to head for the loos which seemed to be the same plan of several others, again walking along with 2 women and the sensation of hearing the collective click of our heels was fantastic. Not suprisingly on entering the loos there was a que which always makes it difficult to remain unnoticed as conversation always seem to start up. Agiain not flicker of been read, I went into a cubicle came out washed my hands and touched up my makeup and then back out into the conference area and selected a table with one other women on. We introduced ourselves, she was a lawyer and then 4 more women sat down all from the same company a international hotel chain. The next two hours flew by we chatted, had lunch and then said our goodbyes exchanged business contacts and headed off on mass to our cars

Persephone
02-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Way to go, Amanda Michelle!

I am so glad you decided to go ahead and am delighted to read your posts about the event. Sounds like a really lovely day. Super!

Hugs,
Persephone.

carhill2mn
02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Based on your photos I would not expect you to have any problems unless your mannerisms gave you away. I am sure it was quite uplifting to be accepted as "one of the girls" at such a meeting. You will never be sorry that you did it.

Kaz
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Gosh Amanda!

Sounds like you had a really great time! I wish I had the nerve!

DebsUK
02-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Fantastic! I'm quite envious :)

Scary thing is you loook incredibly like a female friend of mine from the gym. I hope you get some good business from the meeting. Now where do you find out about meetings like this....

amandamichelle
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi Debs

This event was a chamber of commerce womens event if you enter womens business networking groups into a search engine you will find lots and lots all hosting different events each month. I have found another one that is free next week and following last weeks adventure I am so tempted to attend another. I take it as a real compliment that you think I look like a GG friend of yours

amandamichelle
02-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I have the bug now following last weeks great experience so much so that I am going to attend anothe women only business networking event tomorrow in a different town. I guess I will wear pretty much the same oufit as last week and if I have time tie it into a little bit of shopping beforehand which will act as a test again before the event. I have also booked to go to a trade show on Friday which at the moment I have the option of going a s either male or female, I am tempted to go as a woman of course and stay near Milton Keynes on the night and make my first ever visit to the famous Pink Punters which looks amazing

amandamichelle
02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
These are some pics of me before I set off

amandamichelle
02-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Update on the meeting yesterday.

I decided to go to my second womens networking meeting of the week and I have attached some pics in my previous post. I wore a black pencil skirt agin with black holdups and a red and black top. The meeting was in town centre restaurant which I parked nearby, getting out of the car and hearing that first click of my heels on the pavement is always such a high, I took a video following my stocking covered legs and heels as I walked along which I will try and add as a link. As I approached the entrance 2 other ladies arrived and we smiled at each other and entered, the host of the meeting greeted us with welcome ladies as we introduced ourselves, she pointed us in the direction of drinks and sandwichs and tables to sit at. I queued for the food with several others then sat at a table with 3 others and we all introduced ourselves, no hint of been read and I was even complimented on my top and shoes. We continued with general chat and the the host beagn the talk about the networking group, it was quite and intimate meeting with a toltal of 20 women there all bar 2 dressed in business dress skirts and heels, it was so nice to sit next to a group of women with our legs crossed and each showing our hose covered legs and not feeling self concious running my hand up my leg. The host explained how the group worked and it was so nice just hearing phrase such as welcome ladies and we are all women here today and how different it was to normal networking groups where men dominate. She expalianed that where men might meet on the golf course and do business this group which is called Forward Ladies would arrange meetings for like minded women at restaurants etc and would often include talks form experts as well as things such as manicures. Several times during the meeting a waiter came in to each table with the lovely words of can I get you ladies a coffee or when talking directly to one of us saying what can I get you madam. The warm glow from such acceptance was heaven, after 2 hours the meeting drew to a close and we all said our goodbyes and started to leave, several headed towards the ladies and I promptly followed suite. Ther were only two cubicles so of course the usual queue, and as we all knew each other now we continued to chat until a cubilcle came free. The total experience from start to finish was so good and just makes me wish I could spend every day all day as a woman