PDA

View Full Version : My SO knows now

Torrey
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
So, after a little cyberstalking, she had me figured out. C'est la vie. Guess I really wanted to be caught. In any case, after a long talk tonight she knows everything, and she is being very supportive. I came clean.

It was a bit terrifying, I must say. I know so many talk about being right up front. Of course, I wish I could have been. Fortunately, it worked out for the best (at least now). I am just so freaking relieved right now, I can't even express it.

I hope it continues like this.

StaceyJane
02-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Isn't great to not have to hide anymore!

Torrey
02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
It is like a great weight has been lifted...

Roberta Marie
02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Acceptance from the one you love is always great.

Just don't go overboard and push her away. Keep the lines of communication open, and be sure to listen to what she has to say. Try to understand her concerns and feelings.

Eryn
02-09-2011, 12:31 AM
I'll second the "go slow" message. It is nice that she knows and is apparently accepting, but she has a lot of thoughts to process. You've had years to get to the point you are at, but she has had only days to do the same and it's quite a task. She's going to need time to consider her relationship with you and how she feels about herself. Now is not the time to spring surprises on her! Give her time and most likely the outcome will be positive.

Tanya C
02-09-2011, 01:50 AM

That's terrific, just make sure that she doesn't end up carrying that weight.
As time goes by she will probably have a lot of questions and concerns about your crossdressing. The best advice is to be as honest and forthcoming as you can. In other words you need to nuture your new found acceptance.

Rianna Humble
02-09-2011, 02:16 AM
It's great that your SO knows about you and is expressing support, but I would echo the thoughts of those who have suggested giving her time to absorb everything you two discussed.

I have lost the reference, but there was a great thread about why wives/SO's can sometimes blow hot and cold about their partner's cross-dressing as they seek to come to terms with the new reality, so now is a good time to be even more sensitive than usual to her feelings and not just to her words.

I hope you find a really innovative way of showing her just how much you appreciate her.

DonnaT
02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
she is being very supportive. I came clean.

I hope it continues like this.
As do we all. Congratulations, you seem to have a great SO.

tammy tee
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
That's great. I too have the support of my wife. I do however realize she is still new to this (3 years) and is still working things out. I always go slow and don't force the issue. When in drab I always am the man she married, she knows I am soft and cute on the inside, but can be the funny, strong, happy man she feel in love with. I actually like living in both worlds, it mixes things up in an exciting way. Have fun.
Tammy

annie.hawkins428
02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Congrats to You! its always a big weight off you shoulders!

kimdl93
02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Sounds as though she had some suspicions - or why else would she be cyberstalking. Bbut be that as it may.

Enjoy her supportive attitude. And be prepared to weather some changes as she adjusts to the new reality.

AlisonRenee
02-09-2011, 04:54 PM

YES. It does exactly that. I've had The Talk with my S/O recently as well. There's work to be done, but I think it'll work out okay and I hope it does for you, also. Best of luck, Torrey, to you and your significant other.

Tammy V
02-09-2011, 06:03 PM
I Know it feels great not having to hide anymore. I wish you all the luck going forward.