PDA

View Full Version : Dressing for Stress Release ?

Anne Charlotte
09-20-2005, 09:51 AM
My wife thinks that my urge to dress is closely related to the level of stress I suffer with my job. The greater the stress, the more the need to dress and release it all.

I think she may be right, BUT, I also think that perhaps I get stressed because I can't dress when the urge takes me, so which is the cause, and which the effect ?

Any thoughts anyone ?

Lisa Golightly
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
I used to get stressed because I thought I couldn't live my life as I wanted to. Now I do I'm no longer stressed.

GypsyKaren
09-20-2005, 09:57 AM
I feel the same way. Dressing calms me down from the pressures of the day, and I get more stressed when I can't do it. It's a vicious cycle, I guess, but after a while you learn how to deal with it. I always wear some kind of femme clothes, whether it's misses jeans or pantyhose underneath. That's what helps get me through the day.

GypsyKaren

Anne Charlotte
09-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I used to get stressed because I thought I couldn't live my life as I wanted to. Now I do I'm no longer stressed.

Thanks Lisa, that's probably the solution, but it's not always possible.

I'm thinking more and more what I can do and how I can live with a 'bisexual' presence. Sometimes I want to be male, sometimes female. But I want to choose when those times are, and not have them dictated to me by society.

Priscilla1018
09-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm on too much medication to really be stressed,most of the time.Since I don't go out due to my full beard,I don't dress completely.Maybe some day.

Wanda
09-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I have dressed you years but after my mother died last year to cancer and my one brother and only sister turned into greedy self centered a-holes I developed a very bad bleeding ulcer that almost took my life. I use medication when things get really bad but dressing up and spending time with all of you wonderful girls on this site has been my real calm down. Thanks to you all.

Love to all and kisses to go around,
Wanda

Foxy Lady
09-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Before retirement when I had a bad day at work I would come home put on bra, panties, nylons and heels. Usually within thirty minutes all the stress was gone.

Emily Ann Brown
09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I get cranky when I go longer periods without dressing for sure, but it's not the same as job or life stress. Once the forms are in place and the makeup on I have no worries in the words....I'm like 2 people.

Emily Ann

Kimberly
09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
I think she may be right, BUT, I also think that perhaps I get stressed because I can't dress when the urge takes me, so which is the cause, and which the effect ?
Both is the cause AND effect... :)

simple as. hehe... seirously though, it's probably a combination. If dressing calms you down, fantastic - I know it does, me.

I'm also frustrated I can't dress as openly as I'd like... sucks, huh?

Sandra H
09-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Hi Girls.

Wanda, I am so sorry to hear about your mother and the problems her sad death has caused. I understand a little as I lost my wife of 26 years to cancer in April 2004. I have dressed for years and I was a lucky one as my wife did not only know about my dressing, but helped me with cloths.

I only mention my wife’s death to tell you about how dressing has helped me with the stress. I am about over my wife’s death as I ever will be. I still love her and miss her everyday, but I have learned to live with it.

I wear panties and pantyhose everyday even under my DRAB, I wear a nightdress every night and dress in bra, top and skirt or dress every day for most of the time I am alone at home. I don’t wear make up all the time as this allows me to just take my skirt off, put on my jeans (which are women’s) when I need to go out. But I change back into my skirt jus as soon as I get home.

I am lucky as most of my wife’s cloths fit me. So I wear her bras, panties, skirts and tops. This has proved very therapeutic as I feel her with me. So yes dressing is and has been a great stress relieve. I have always dressed because it just feels right for me and this has been even more these past 17 months.

Take care all of you, but especially you Wanda.

michelle19845
09-20-2005, 11:38 PM
i lost my 17 year old sister 2 years ago and this year in february,i found out that my mom has cancer on the bone and is "incurable" "all you can do is just treat it to try and keep it from getting worse.she don't tell me what all happens.i've been told to have an anxiety problem apparently.......go figure.......i feel like i am in a whole differen't world when i dress.it takes my mind off things and makes me feel so good mentally and sexually.i've hesitated hormones,but with my mom,i couldn't let her know.i just couldn't.
maybe in the near future i will find the answer.

michelle

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and your mother. My father died of an incurable disease while I was in college, so I can appreciate what you're going though. It's unfortunate your Mom won't talk to you about what's happening, but it's probably because she's having trouble accepting it herself.

Hang in there.