PDA

View Full Version : In General, Are You More Sensitive Than The Average Person?

brassieres
02-10-2011, 02:06 AM
I have to say that I surely am. Sometimes I wear my feelings on my sleeve.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Yes very very sensitive, Sometimes I take a mere remark the wrong way and feel I maybe getting victimised. I have been trying to get harder but even at work a negative comment can hurt deep. Maybe why part of me retalliates with anger to disguise the hurt and avoid the female side from being revealed.

Gocaps14
02-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Oh yes I am! I also put up a rough front, but not very well. I have recently decided to be myself, not nesseccarily come out, but just drop the false facades I put up for other people. I figure I will get my feelings hurt more, but I will be happier overall.

noeleena
02-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi.

This can be for male or female / women or chidren .

one can be very sensitive in a lot of things or we can be over the top sensitive ,

so we need to put in perspective as to why we are the way we are. & knowing that can help us to live life in a way that we dont have to put our selfs down because we are who we are & tho we are different there will be details or things that do hurt us / me .
I dont belive we have to be hard , just accept this is who i am .

Men in the main appear to be hard tho underneath they really can be quite soft. & very senitive , its a myth all men are hard out tough
If some thing is said to me i dont have to take that on board & let it effect me . tho i do at times so in part it was & can be i was not able to express who i was / am , tho now im just a woman & can express my self & i know things do effect me .

Just dont ever not be who you are .

Hey , iv cryed in front of people because i was effected by some thing that concerned some people i was with. . & from thier point i was seen as a male . it was not a matter of wether i was male or female its just me , & who i was / iam.

Im not a wimp ,just a soft caring woman. just remember we can do things that we dont think we are capable of , theres many sides to us that make us who we are.

...noeleena...

Sedona
02-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Honestly? No, i'm probably about average among my friends/family. Takes a lot to hurt my feelings, and when they do get hurt, I tend to not hold a grudge. I cry maybe once every couple of years, maybe. I guess I'm kind of a typical "guy" in a lot of ways.

lauraabdl
02-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Show me a sad movie and the water works start.:heehee:
I know how sensetive I am and well I have gotten used to it. I show my feelings and I cry, friends know and I don't try to hide it anymore and I feel so much better for not haveing to hide them. No they don't LOL for the most part, some do but now days the majority don't.:2c:

Teri Ray
02-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Oh gosh I am not sure if my feelings are tied to my passion as a crossdresser but I cry at simple things. Some TV commericials and the national anthem always get me.

Tomara
02-10-2011, 08:25 AM
I have to say that I feel I am definitely more emotionally sensitive than the average men and even some women I know , but of all of the people who know about my sensitive side none of them thinks it's a bad thing , more the opposite of an endearing quality in me.
I use to be embarrassed about being so emotional but I have accepted that it is just another part of who I am as a person.
Tomara

Cynthia Anne
02-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Oh yes I am very sensitive! I try not to watch a sad movie if there's other people around for I know the water works will start! I even have trouble thanking someone that done something nice!

BRANDYJ
02-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Yes, I am more sensitive then the average male and maybe more sensitive then a lot of GG's I often wondered if there was a connection to my being a CD had anything to do with it. Along with being more sensitive I think I am more compassiate, understanding and warmer then the average male that is not gender gifted.

Jennifer Sophia
02-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I am definitely more emotional than most men, but I tend to not let anything show. I am especially emotional when comes to moves with animals, guess that's why I avoid watching those moves when anyone is around.

Marissa
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh gosh I am not sure if my feelings are tied to my passion as a crossdresser but I cry at simple things. Some TV commericials and the national anthem always get me.

Yes, I am more sensitive then the average male and maybe more sensitive then a lot of GG's I often wondered if there was a connection to my being a CD had anything to do with it. Along with being more sensitive I think I am more compassiate, understanding and warmer then the average male that is not gender gifted.

IMHO :) I think many who have accepted crossdressing (please, no division of terms, k?), have also come to terms with allowing more of our freedom of expression including emotions.

If I was watching Stallone towards the end of First Blood in the emotional scene of him stating "..its never over", in drab I would think 'bad acting..and stop being a whinny baby' :)

Put me in a dress, then it becomes eyes watering and 'poor baby, I can feel your pain'.

Now this is when I'm alone :) But I will have to add that I have become more emotional in the past few years..some of it is finally realizing that I withheld some freedom of expression due to those around me and it has nothing to do with dressing. I also realize that life's trama has also added to my freedom to feel. So anything patroitic or heartwarming can get to me..and I'm okay with allowing the feelings to go through me even if that means external expression is shown.

Now for Terri and Brandy's comments as it might be tied to crossdressing..maybe..taking into account what I have already said. But can some of us 'over do it' because we think that is the norm????

Do some of us think that women are emotional wrecks??? Cry at just anything or jump for joy with shreeks of happiness????

No, they don't..normaly :) but still..we see that in some.

In whatever reason you decide to grasp as to why you are more emotional (if you are), I would hope you feel the sense of freedom in it :)

Hugs,
Marissa

t-girlxsophie
02-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Yes I am,I find I cry at the drop of a hat these days and at the silliest of things,whether Its connected to my Crossdressing I dont know,but I dont think so.I'm sure theres a study in there somewhere lol

Pythos
02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
In my teens, and my 20s I was indeed noted as much more emotional. Not the weak kind, but definitely the more affected by movie scenes, or situations in real life. It is not rare for a tear to grace my cheek during a heart rending scene.

One of my friends said I had the emotions of a girl. Hmmmm.

LOL

Melissa Jill
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes I am,I find I cry at the drop of a hat these days and at the silliest of things,whether Its connected to my Crossdressing I dont know,but I dont think so.I'm sure theres a study in there somewhere lol

I find this too. I have no idea why, but sometimes almost anything will set me off. Then there are times where I don't feel like crying at all.

BillieJoEllen
02-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I am very sensitive. Movies, songs, National Anthem, inspiring speech, the least little thing, perhaps a memory. Seems like I always 'get something in my eye'.

Karren H
02-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Define average? I think a lot of guys are more emo than they let people know and a lot of women are heartless biatches. So I'm no more or less sensitive than the average human..

brassieres
02-10-2011, 12:31 PM

I think that it kinda goes hand and hand honestly.

ninapuella
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I guess i am . But I dont show it. :)

Kate Simmons
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I doubt it really. Only more willing to admit it probably.:)

Joanne f
02-10-2011, 02:04 PM
No because i am your average person , well the law of averages says you will be a male or a female so i have to be in there somewhere, :heehee:

Ash Leland
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
One of my friends said I had the emotions of a girl. Hmmmm.LOL

Haha. My ex said that was one of the things that bothered her about me. Those exact words. Probably the closest anyone has ever come to expressly telling me that performing your gender is a social responsibility that most people expect XP

Kayla
02-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I know it sounds odd -but when I'm dressed up I act emotional .When I'm in normal male garb -I'm sensible,and never cry....

BillieJoEllen
02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I always try to hide my emotions while presenting as a male (except when I am alone)

Nick2Nikki
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Absolutely not. Most of the time my emotions are very reserved--even for a guy. With certain friends I'll be somewhat more expressive, though it's only on very rare occasion that I let my true emotions and inner thoughts show. I find emotions to be an unfortunate side-effect of being human, which only get in the way of rationality. If I could, I would rid myself of all emotions, save happiness and maybe anger; without happiness I would have no purpose.

Laura'sCloud
02-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I can be very emotional sometimes but the most of time i keep my emotions to myself

Lori31
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I definitely wear my heart on my sleeve.

Mona
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Very much so though I usually think of the average person as insensitive! I've known since I was a child that I have more feelings and feel things more deeply than most.

sissystephanie
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I do tend to be quite emotional about some things! So I guess I am more sensative than the average man, but I don't think being a crossdresser has anything to do with it!! I am just me!!

JustineFallow
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Yep, definitely more sensitive. It used to be really bad due to clinical depression, which has been held at bay more or less by the miracle of pharmaceuticals (legal ones, mind).

Nick2Nikki
02-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Aye, clinical depression is a pain. I've had it for awhile now, though I suffered in silence for three years without anyone noticing. At least it's a bit better now that I too am on antidepressants.

Sophie_C
02-11-2011, 03:01 AM
I have to say that I surely am. Sometimes I wear my feelings on my sleeve.

Know that being sensitive is not gender-related or cross-dressing related. I've seen the toughest women be as femme as it gets and lumberjack-looking guys cry at movies all the time.

Personally, I'm tougher than the average person, but it took many years undoing the damage a sheltered childhood can do to someone...

GingerLeigh
02-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Yup, I certainly am. I'm a real sucker for sappy movies and even commercials. My wife will stare at me and quip "Are you crying???". I'll of course retort, "No, I was about to sneeze." "Oh sure you liar." I'm normally on an even keel though. I've never suffered from depression, but maybe undiagnosed anxiety (I've had a few panic attacks). Is any of this CD related? I don't really think so. It's just who I am, in male mode and female.

Ginger

ginafaye
02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
yes , cry very easily over just anything anymore..........can still put on the brave face when i need to ,but the real me is very sensitive ,caring and wears emotions on my sleeve

Kathi Lake
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
The average person? Yes. The average woman? Ummmmmm, no. Not necessarily.

Kathi

eluuzion
02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
No, I am always logical, calm and emotionally well-adjusted.

Why, did somebody say something about me? Who was it? Or are you asking because you think something is wrong with me? I know that's it, isn't it. Great here we go, stuff like this always happens to me. It is always me. I just don't fit in anywhere. I try and try but everything turns to s**t everytime. I should just give up. I feel like everybody is always out to get me. I didn't do anything to deserve this kind of treatment. So, go ahead, just tell me what's wrong with me. No let me guess...I'm just a loser, right? I could tell from the tone of your voice you never really liked me...just admit it. I am used to abuse...ok, I'm just gunna' hold my breath until I turn blue, that'll show em'! Ok ok, I'm ok. sort of, kinda...a little bit..:o :)

So, what's new with you? Gee, I like your blouse. Sorry, what was the question again...?:D

I guess I would say yes, but I prefer to label it empathetic...:heehee:

:love:

flatlander_48
02-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Well, the truth is that men have as many feelings, with similar depth, as women. Our problem is that, in general, society does not appreciate men being emotional or at least only in very specific circumstances. One of those specific circumstances is grief. It is OK to show emotion, but we just can't let it go overboard.

For me personally, I have always reacted to very touching things that I see or experience. The difference is that 20 years ago, before I realized that I wasn't completely heterosexual, I would really try to limit my visible reactions. Since that time I'm much more relaxed about it. I'm not a blubbering idiot, but I know there are certain things that have a very deep effect on me.

Many years ago, Microsoft sponsored a competition among grade school kids. They had to complete the sentence:

"The most powerful computer in the world would..."

One of the answers, and I can't remember if it was the winning one or not, was:

"...let me see the World through someone else's eyes.".

That is SUCH a profound statement and it came from maybe a 9yr old. As far as I'm concerned, whatever it touches, it goes directly to the core; every time.

Jill M
02-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Very sensitive and can get easily upset over little things. Keeps me awake at night.

Breannah
02-12-2011, 06:58 AM
I know it sounds odd -but when I'm dressed up I act emotional .When I'm in normal male garb -I'm sensible,and never cry....

Sounds about the same as me! :) if its odd then we, are odd together :P
Bre <3

sometimes_miss
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM
"Are You More Sensitive Than The Average Person?"
Hard to tell. I don't know any average people. I would suppose that there are some times when I'm more sensitive than others, and other times when I'm not.

Tess
02-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I only know average from observation so maybe I'm more sensitive than average guys but certainly don't reach the observable level of the average girl. I easily tear up in movies or get choked up reading or telling about touching stories. It is getting worse as I get older, now with more lose of old friends, relations, etc...but perhaps that is normal.

DaniPat
02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I have always worn my heart and emotions on my sleeve. I love who I am. If you can't get emotional about something then you don't care or believe enough in it.
I too have gone through, and currently am still coming back from, depression. Yes drugs are the answer. At least for this problem. I suffered through about 3.5 years with no one noticing or mentioning it. Now I have lost my wife to divorce and I can see why she wanted the divorce too. But emotional was exactly how I took this, cried like a baby, once I realized I had lost my soul mate. I still get choked up even though it has been 10 1/2 months since she declared for a divorce. I have always noticed I have more female traits, feelings, mannerisms, than I should.
Anyway, if you see a dead animal on the road, deer, squirrel, cat, or dog, ask yourself this - how do I feel for/about the poor animal. If you are sad then I would say that you feel more deeply than the average male. I can in fact state that I get very sad for the poor animal which got run over. Did the driver even try to miss? Was it some insensitive p***k who accelerated and laughed? Yes I do wear my heart and emotions on my sleeve, and I am proud that I do. TTFN.

Danielle Patricia

Mona
02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I know what you mean Dani, I always say a little prayer and wish we had fences and tunnels for the little critters!

PretzelGirl
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
What do you mean by that! Oh, not that kind of sensitive? :o

I am some. I wonder how much of it for some of us is being more sensitive or just letting out what is there and is generally tucked away by masculine expectations.

Kathryn Philips
02-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes I am very sensitive. Most things I see or hear affect me to a greater or lesser extent. I am also very apssionate about the things I do or get involved with.

On a lighter note; I get very tearful when watching movies, specially when I get to the happy ending scene. I love watching romantic comedies/dramas. I also love thrillers where the heros are intelligent, resourceful, non-hysterical women. The ones I identify with...